ChaseChat - Treasure Chat
The Nine Clue List - Printable Version

+- ChaseChat - Treasure Chat (https://www.chasechat.com)
+-- Forum: Forum (https://www.chasechat.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.chasechat.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: The Nine Clue List (/showthread.php?tid=1128)

The Nine Clue List - mdavis19 - 04-14-2014

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:
<b>Quote from Cloudcover on April 14, 2014, 4:21 pm</b>

Casa Del Gavilan isn't really in the mountains, I mean the mountains start right there and I'm sure some of those hiking trails on that property get a little rugged but I pictured the chest somewhere deep in the mountains not really on the periphery close to where the great plains end. The thing is I have this habit of linking history with the clues and of course I feel my current area fits my idea of what Mr. Fenn is trying to accomplish with this treasure hunt so much more. I think is more than just finding places that fit the clues. after more than 2 and 1/2 years on the trail, it seems that there is a noble purpose behind all of this and the person who finds will have to decide if they are going to make a stand for what is right and show the dragon that it can't have what doesn't belong to it. The history of my area so speaks as to why this is important. And I may be letting my imagination get away with me but I'm am loving the journey I am on.
</div>

Cloudcover, I have struggled with the question of what "in the mountains" means. Does it include the foothills on the eastern slope where the plains wash up against the Rockies? Does it include the large inter-mountain valleys? How far away from the spine of The Rockies is still "in the mountains" according to Forrest Fenn? Could it include places like the Casa Del Gavilan, which as has been pointed out, isn't in the mountains proper? I guess only Forrest knows.

mdavis19

The Nine Clue List - mdavis19 - 04-14-2014

<b>Quote from Circles on April 14, 2014, 6:45 pm</b>
<div class="bbcode_quote">
<b>Quote from mdavis19 on April 14, 2014, 11:14 am</b>

Circles,

I was simply referring to the fact that a noob with no posting history (you) showed up out of nowhere and is promoting a commercial enterprise, by claiming the treasure is hidden on their grounds. The whole thing kind of reeks of SPAM.

Anyway, happy hunting there. I'll be looking somewhere where the treasure is actually likely to be hidden.

mdavis19
</div>
What I was prompting was for people to look at the Gavilan Trail Map that has all the clues on it.And if it is just a coincidence,then a big coincidence indeed.Not to mention the map was created by an Architect and the Casa Del Gavilan was the headquarters of UU bar ranch which answers everyones double omega question. I could go on and on,but then again you would go on and on with your manner of degradation towards this exquisite treasure location.After all,the Casa is the treasure of going out into the environment and enjoying nature while looking for a treasure chest using the Forrest Fenn Poem. There is no better single place than there.There is 3 HOB's at least along with many canyons down,multiple up your creeks and plenty of Blazes.</div>
</div>

Circles, if you aren't a spammer, then you do a damn fine impersonation of one. Good luck with your hunt, but as I said, I won't be joining you. Got better possibilities to look into.

mdavis19

The Nine Clue List - Guest - 04-14-2014

<b>Quote from mdavis19 on April 14, 2014, 7:13 pm</b>
<b>Quote from Circles on April 14, 2014, 6:45 pm</b>
<b>Quote from mdavis19 on April 14, 2014, 11:14 am</b>

Circles,

I was simply referring to the fact that a noob with no posting history (you) showed up out of nowhere and is promoting a commercial enterprise, by claiming the treasure is hidden on their grounds. The whole thing kind of reeks of SPAM.

Anyway, happy hunting there. I'll be looking somewhere where the treasure is actually likely to be hidden.

mdavis19
</div>
What I was prompting was for people to look at the Gavilan Trail Map that has all the clues on it.And if it is just a coincidence,then a big coincidence indeed.Not to mention the map was created by an Architect and the Casa Del Gavilan was the headquarters of UU bar ranch which answers everyones double omega question. I could go on and on,but then again you would go on and on with your manner of degradation towards this exquisite treasure location.After all,the Casa is the treasure of going out into the environment and enjoying nature while looking for a treasure chest using the Forrest Fenn Poem. There is no better single place than there.There is 3 HOB's at least along with many canyons down,multiple up your creeks and plenty of Blazes.</div>
</div>

Circles, if you aren't a spammer, then you do a damn fine impersonation of one. Good luck with your hunt, but as I said, I won't be joining you. Got better possibilities to look into.

mdavis19</div>
</div>
Doesn't meet my definition.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/spammer

"Main Entry: spammer

Part of Speech: n

Definition: a person who sends unwanted or inappropriate electronic mail to multiple recipients, often advertisements "

I guess all the other places that have been posted on here for years are clients then ? Even though none of them have a map that has all the clues on it that was created by an architect of a property that had a double omega in it's name (UU Bar).A caretaker vacancy end of 2008 "as I have gone alone in there"

http://www.philstaff.com/?p=1867

Don't worry,it will take many years to search this one location as was intended.

The Nine Clue List - Cloudcover - 04-14-2014

It's true, only Forrest knows. And I don't know his definition of "In the mountains". I wish I knew. Lord knows I have pestered him with my emails trying to figure him out. My current spot is "In the mountains" by anyone's definition and confidence is a heady potion of which I feel so abundantly blessed with at present. Well until I get out there again and rule it out. I go through all the stages of grief before I can move on to my next brilliant solve.

The Nine Clue List - Guest - 04-15-2014

<b>Quote from Cloudcover on April 14, 2014, 7:54 pm</b>

It's true, only Forrest knows. And I don't know his definition of "In the mountains". I wish I knew. Lord knows I have pestered him with my emails trying to figure him out. My current spot is "In the mountains" by anyone's definition and confidence is a heady potion of which I feel so abundantly blessed with at present. Well until I get out there again and rule it out. I go through all the stages of grief before I can move on to my next brilliant solve.
</div>
Here is a good quote from Forrest.

"People will be surprised where the treasure is found at."

The Nine Clue List - Cloudcover - 04-15-2014

I won't just be surprised, I'll be floored but I must say I like how committed you are to your solve. If it's there you will be the one to find it. Good luck to you.

The Nine Clue List - Guest - 04-21-2014

<b>Quote from The Wolf on March 13, 2014, 9:11 am</b>

This is a new list for all the new folks to refer to. This thread will eventually become the master thread and thus I will keep it at the top as a sticky topic.

Preface: IMHO - The nine clues are the steps or directions you need to take to get to the chest. All other pieces of information are hints or discriminators that give strength or confidence to how to interpret these 9 clues. The 9 clues are as follows:

Clue 1 - Begin it where waters halt

Clue 2 - And take it in the canyon down

Clue 3 - Not far, but too far to walk

Clue 4 - Put in below the home of Brown

Clue 5 - From there it's no place for the meek

Clue 6 - The end is drawing nigh

Clue 7 - There'll be no paddle up your creek

Clue 8 - Just heavy loads and water high

Clue 9 - If you've been wise and found the blaze, look quickly down you quest to cease

Let the debate begin!
</div>

Wolf,

I'm not saying your 9 clues are wrong. I believe the line you presented [as well as other folks have] are in-part Hints that will conclude what the 9 clues are. When someone say there are clues in just these or any 9 line are the clues, it boggles my mind. Fenn has stated that the poem "contains" nine clues... as we all know Fenn loves his words... for me the clues derive from all the hints in the entire poem.

As this thread has shown, most feel the clues are just 9 lines to translate into 9 clues. For myself, the poem tells you of Hints. There are an abundance of hints in the poem which I believe has confused the readers on what a clue actually may be. The clues come from the hints built into the poem and work together, to reveal 9 solid clues [ not lines, sentences or phrases of words] to the locating of the trove. Clue that can be followed precisely to the trove once the reader understands the significance of the poem and the area Fenn wants you to be at. Debate away...

The Nine Clue List - dreamcatcher - 04-21-2014

I agree with you Seeker, Wolf's view of the nine clues is way too simple and vague. It certainly lacks precision which is necessary. You gotta give FF more credit than that.

The Nine Clue List - morecowbell - 04-21-2014

spot on Seeker.

The Nine Clue List - Hank - 04-21-2014

Seeker,

Do you believe then that the 9 clues are the 9 sentences?