ChaseChat - Treasure Chat
The Nine Clue List - Printable Version

+- ChaseChat - Treasure Chat (https://www.chasechat.com)
+-- Forum: Forum (https://www.chasechat.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.chasechat.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: The Nine Clue List (/showthread.php?tid=1128)

The Nine Clue List - Guest - 04-21-2014

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:
<b>Quote from dreamcatcher on April 21, 2014, 2:14 pm</b>

I agree with you Seeker, Wolf's view of the nine clues is way too simple and vague. It certainly lacks precision which is necessary. You gotta give FF more credit than that.
</div>
Oh ye of little faith... I simply listed the 9 clues and directions to the trove. I did not say there were not other hints and clarifiers in the poem which help define these directions. Trust me the poem is not that simple but many will try and over complicate it. The trick is get just the right amount of common sense with the right amount of imagination.

I strongly believe many will slap themselves when they realize how simple it is once they discover the trick.

The Wolf

The Nine Clue List - will197532 - 04-21-2014

<b>Quote from The Wolf on April 21, 2014, 3:21 pm</b>
<div class="bbcode_quote">

I agree with you Seeker, Wolf's view of the nine clues is way too simple and vague. It certainly lacks precision which is necessary. You gotta give FF more credit than that.
</div>
Oh ye of little faith... I simply listed the 9 clues and directions to the trove. I did not say there were not other hints and clarifiers in the poem which help define these directions. Trust me the poem is not that simple but many will try and over complicate it. The trick is get just the right amount of common sense with the right amount of imagination.

I strongly believe many will slap themselves when they realize how simple it is once they discover the trick.

The Wolf</div>
</div>
I agree Wolf, here is one for the lurkers, I found that one sentence in the poem guides another sentence, for example when the word HALT is german and HOB lets say it stands for German Brown Trout but this a example and is IMO.

<b>Quote from Hank on April 21, 2014, 3:20 pm</b>

Seeker,

Do you believe then that the 9 clues are the 9 sentences?
</div>

I believe that the entire poem hold only hints to what the Author want one to find as clues. The 9 clues themselves are the answers, understanding, a "trilogy" if you will, of all the sentences and how they work together.

Example: the second stanza, WWWH-is about a time period, the canyon- no longer exist, Far-time traveled in millenniums.

Hints to discover a single clue. But don't pass up the first stanza as an intro. The way I read the poem is, for lack of a better term, as layers.

<div class="bbcode_quote">

</div>

The Wolf</div>
</div>

Could not agree more with " the trick is get just right amount of common sense with the right amount of imagination". But I don't see the words in the poem as linear, but they do have direction.

Over complicating is another interpretation on how difficult the poem presents itself. " the poem is difficult, but not impossible" has been shown to be just that... the way a reader reads the poem and the way the author intended the poem to be read.

The Nine Clue List - morecowbell - 04-21-2014

Trust me the poem is not that simple but many will try and over complicate it. The trick is get just the right amount of common sense with the right amount of imagination.

The Wolf
</div>

Completely agree. What did the results from your survey show? I am getting the feeling that this hunt won't last too much longer.

The Nine Clue List - Jimbo - 04-21-2014

My nine clues are different:

1. Begin WWWH, take canyon downstream

2. Put in below HOB

3. End is ever drawing nigh

4. no paddle up your creek

5. Just heavy loads and water high

6. If you’ve been wise and found the blaze

7. Look quickly down

8. Marvel gaze

9. go in peace

THis tallies with my experience - more clues are needed beyond the blaze to find the chest

<b>Quote from Jimbo on April 21, 2014, 5:28 pm</b>

My nine clues are different:

1. Begin WWWH, take canyon downstream

2. Put in below HOB

3. End is ever drawing nigh

4. no paddle up your creek

5. Just heavy loads and water high

6. If you’ve been wise and found the blaze

7. Look quickly down

8. Marvel gaze

9. go in peace

THis tallies with my experience - more clues are needed beyond the blaze to find the chest

</div>

I'm confused, if those are your nine clues... then what are the " more clues are needed to beyond the blaze to find the chest?" How many "clues" are you working with?

The Nine Clue List - Jimbo - 04-21-2014

Finding the blaze means you are 2/3 of the way in my solve (hence three more clues needed to find chest)

Jimbo, So your blaze is clue 6, and then 3 more to the chest. OK I think I got it now.

The Nine Clue List - mdavis19 - 04-21-2014

I go back and forth between feeling I am over-thinking and under-thinking the poem. The intro to the poem says "This poem written by Forrest Fenn contains nine clues that if followed precisely, will lead to the end of his rainbow and the treasure. Happy Hunting!" It says clues. It doesn't say hints, but then I'm not sure the difference is important. What really keeps throwing me off, and I think a lot of other people too, is the number nine. It's easy to find nine things that look like clues in the poem. It's also easy to find 10, 11, 14, 21, etc. So if we take Forrest at his word that there are nine clues in the poem that will lead you to the treasure, which are the correct nine? And what about the other things that look like clues? Are they clarifiers for the real clues? Are they misdirection? Are they obfuscation? Or maybe do several of the things that look like they might be clues string together to make each of the real nine clues?

I don't see it being as simple as putting together a list of nine clues that looks like Wolf's:

Clue 1 - Begin it where waters halt

Clue 2 - And take it in the canyon down

Clue 3 - Not far, but too far to walk

Clue 4 - Put in below the home of Brown

Clue 5 - From there it's no place for the meek

Clue 6 - The end is drawing nigh

Clue 7 - There'll be no paddle up your creek

Clue 8 - Just heavy loads and water high

Clue 9 - If you've been wise and found the blaze, look quickly down you quest to cease.

And I certainly don't think the clues end at the 4th stanza. Those "clues" are probably important, but I don't think they lead you to the treasure. They certainly haven't led anyone there yet. By themselves, they are too generic, and can be made to fit almost any conceivable place. My working theory is that the real nine clues are spread through all the lines of the poem and must be assembled a bit from here and a bit from there. I'm not necessarily saying rearrange the poem and put the pieces back together to make something new like "The home of Brown is ever drawing neigh in the wood." Forrest said not to do that. What I am saying is actually kind of difficult to describe. I see themes throughout the poem. A word or phrase here and another couple of words there that form a theme. I think these themes are the real important clues. The themes put me in mind of people, places and things that I think (hope) clarify the numerous generic clues and lead to the treasure. I have identified several strong themes in the poem that lead me in a certain direction. Hopefully it is the right direction.

Or maybe I am over-thinking it.

mdavis19