ChaseChat - Treasure Chat
When The End Has Come - Printable Version

+- ChaseChat - Treasure Chat (https://www.chasechat.com)
+-- Forum: Forum (https://www.chasechat.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Forrest Fenn General Discussion (https://www.chasechat.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+---- Forum: My search story (https://www.chasechat.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Thread: When The End Has Come (/showthread.php?tid=12613)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

When The End Has Come - GoldenFrog - 11-04-2019

Greetings all...

I have a few questions I'm interested in everyone's feedback on.

Let's hypothesize for a moment and say you found the TC. Would there not be a slew of questions that would need to be answered once you got home?

First off, there's a good chance you would never want the location ever known. And, for that matter, why would FF care to reveal it either? This is his special spot, so why not keep it a secret?

Which leads me to my next question: What if you left something in its place? It might be neat to leave something for the hunt to continue; but, then once the next person finds the location, you would be outed for having found the TC in that location, (unless you were anonymous). I believe, however, the person capable of finding the TC could have something meaningful to replace it with. I even thought of writing a final stanza discussing it...

As much as I like that idea, I think the best course of action would be to put an end to the hunt completely, wouldn't you? Leaving something in it's place would only bring up many more issues. Unless you were able to perfectly hide your identity, which brings up a number of other questions. Would FF want the identity of the finder made public? He's said someone might want to keep their identity a secret; but, has also said he would let the news agencies know when it had been found. Would you want to be known?

I happen to share a lot of traits with FF, such as the love of history, collecting; mentality, airplanes, and would love to meet him and discuss our common interests, even more so after finding the TC. As well, I for one would like to return his bracelet to him; but, what kind of issues would you face as the finder? Think of the people that would try to find you, just as they have FF, including the government, etc... I'm not speaking of trying to avoid taxes per-sey, but there would be issues.

Next, I would like to see the treasure displayed in a museum, along with his story. (Without an item or two within of course... Tongue) This sounds more romantic then piecing it off one piece at a time. Either way, I bet you the best option is to keep it all together.

Thank you...

RE: When The End Has Come - GoldenFrog - 11-06-2019

I believe the treasure should go to a museum, where everyone can enjoy it...

What if "I give you title," means he left a certificate of ownership transfer within the chest? That would mean the finder would not have to declare it among gross income.

Interesting thought...

There is one story Forrest has never told...

The Poet

This story a life where one may hide,
in a book ones thoughts may play out mine.

This path a winding and varied road,
where stones and thorns hoard and goad.

Yet beauty at every corner and pass,
where eyes entreat in holding fast.

As graces leave these melodies by,
it seems as though, lone in thy.

To some this path may find its home,
to others these roam, all unknown.

The beauty lies within this word;
its future within, you whom heard.

GoldenFrog

RE: When The End Has Come - Daniel A - 11-06-2019

(11-06-2019, 12:10 PM)GoldenFrog Wrote: The Poet

This story a life where one may hide,
in a book ones thoughts may play out mine.

This path a winding and varied road,
where stones and thorns hoard and goad.

Yet beauty at every corner and pass,
where eyes entreat in holding fast.

As graces leave these melodies by,
it seems as though, lone in thy.

To some this path may find its home,
to others these roam, all unknown.

The beauty lies within this word;
its future within, you whom heard.

GoldenFrog

One word. Very nice poem...this word.

(11-06-2019, 06:40 PM)Daniel A Wrote: One word. Very nice poem...this word.

Beautiful response Daniel; because, you focused right in on the most important stanza you wanted to understand, in that moment...

It is the search, that is the passion... It, is in the words...

A poem, like a painting, must be appreciated by individual strokes; however, unless one backs away from such work, hath one ever the hope of seeing the big picture...

Ambiguity is the art, while all lines meet, in one time...

It's the story never told you search... That painting, of mine...

Among each and every hint produced, these last ten years, none were clues. These hints will only verify the truth.

There cannot be a single paradox with a written or spoken word from Forrest. I know this man, because he is me...

The poem is the work of art; ambiguity...

I discovered FF's poem less then seven days ago. I do not know why; because, I have been a professional treasure hunter for two decades. My focus in the early 2000's was the Knights of the Golden Circle, and their connection to the Temple Mount. El Dorado is a big treasure; when trillions in hoard are sepulchered...

I also worked on Civil War Caches... Men such as Billy the Kid were Mason's, just as the founding fathers. Kid and his cohorts robbed and pillaged, in order to fund a second World War... The treasure maps produced in those days, were still into the hundreds of millions of dollars today... These also are hard to get to, while Fenn's however, is accessible, proportionately...

What made me a professional was, my book sold for $350 a copy, and has held... I have since written a number of books, on varying subjects; history being my favorite.

I don't mind a new searcher with confidence; but, if you've been to your solve and you didn't find it, you were wrong, admit it. I know, that if I'm within twelve feet, I'll find it. (Please don't give me your interpretation, I know it...)

I found my spot in less then 24 hours. The difference is, if I don't find it, I'll post my solve, and it's one no one has saw, within the search area... Let me say it again: I'll post my solve, for all to see...

The most difficult thing for a searcher to do is, admit when they are wrong. Until you can do that immediately, you will never find the TC...

Never ever call a man like FF a liar, unless you're ready to back up...

RE: When The End Has Come - GoldenFrog - 11-07-2019

Most likely the reason Forrest can be certain if it's found or not is the "Title." If there is a certificate of transfer in the chest, then you wouldn't owe any taxes on it; however, you would have to call his lawyer to make sure his estate covers the gift tax on their end; otherwise, you would own the bill.

Hence why he knows it's still there...

RE: When The End Has Come - GoldenFrog - 11-07-2019

Heirs

Life's but true, through ages fine.
This searched of love from inward bind.

Hinted menace on carriage dream.
In lighted herald to heights gleam.

Impressed her heart encompass mine.
In essence eminence omitting thine.

In caricatures art our opulent place.
Moral less their in tolerate haste.

Serenity mirrors relegate you.
Heiress innate embellish do.

In peril alas inlaid amend.
Heir amassed innate an end.

GoldenFrog

When The End Has Come - crazyfamily - 11-07-2019

(11-07-2019, 07:04 PM)GoldenFrog Wrote: Most likely the reason Forrest can be certain if it's found or not is the "Title." If there is a certificate of transfer in the chest, then you wouldn't owe any taxes on it; however, you would have to call his lawyer to make sure his estate covers the gift tax on their end; otherwise, you would own the bill.

Hence why he knows it's still there...

Forrest said he didn’t care if the chest was found or not. About 2000 years would be perfect. He also said that probably someday we would be speaking Chinese.

I seriously don’t believe there is any type of legal document in the chest for the simple reason that after some time(50 years) it would be totally irrelevant. Once China takes over it would be only a novelty.

No, IMO, there is something far more significant there that even the Chinese would be interested to know.

razyfamily