ChaseChat - Treasure Chat
Expedition Unknown - Printable Version

+- ChaseChat - Treasure Chat (https://www.chasechat.com)
+-- Forum: Forum (https://www.chasechat.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: The Secret Treasure Hunt (https://www.chasechat.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Thread: Expedition Unknown (/showthread.php?tid=12649)

Expedition Unknown - Beavertooth - 11-14-2019

There is a TV show starring Josh Gates on the Travel Channel called "Expedition Unknown". Josh has recently become fascinated by The Secret treasure hunt, and has hosted a couple of shows about it.

Very recently, he filmed the uncovering of the third box, which was in pieces in a construction site in Charleston (?), but the "key" needed for redemption of the prize was found in the dirt pile by the family that figured out the original park was being demolished and asked the construction crew to be on the lookout in a very specific area. The crew found a broken piece of clear plastic there (from the box which surrounds the ceramic box holding the key) and stopped the dig until Josh and the family could get there to film. (Season 7 Episode 13, aired October 30, 2019)

If you are thinking of pursuing The Secret, I recommend you view these shows first. In one of them, a couple has a theory about shadows that may be important.

He also talks to the guy who painted the illustrations, which are very complex, but you get a good idea of how they work.

I am not participating in this hunt, so no questions, please.

RE: Expedition Unknown - admin - 11-14-2019

I've looked into the St. Augustine one a bit. Kinda neat. Not a big pot...but I like the artist who created the art that went along with this.

RE: Expedition Unknown - fundamental design - 11-23-2019

A helpful note that the one Beavertooth mentioned above was found in Boston.

RE: Expedition Unknown - admin - 11-24-2019

Josh Gates has done a lot of treasures. I see them all on On Demand on cable...need to get a chance to check some of them out. I think I can skip the Forrest one.
I think I know the florida one....but it's on state property and don't feel I can dig. What to do...what to do.

RE: Expedition Unknown - emmett - 11-30-2019

I've looked into the New Orleans key, and think I may can find it.

The problem is digging up a 5x5" box, on public park property, that's buried 3 to 4 feet deep. ceramic composition, so metal detectors are useless.
You have to dig the exact spot at 3am, or somehow get permission to dig in a public park?
The site has changed somewhat, in the nearly 40 years since burial, and the tourist crowds are massive, day and night.
fun, but no banana-

Expedition Unknown - travis.gore.79 - 12-01-2019

(11-30-2019, 08:40 AM)emmett Wrote: I've looked into the New Orleans key, and think I may can find it.

The problem is digging up a 5x5" box, on public park property, that's buried 3 to 4 feet deep. ceramic composition, so metal detectors are useless.
You have to dig the exact spot at 3am, or somehow get permission to dig in a public park?
The site has changed somewhat, in the nearly 40 years since burial, and the tourist crowds are massive, day and night.
fun, but no banana-

The box isn’t quite that big.

Knowing what I know now I would have never got involved with that mess!

I solved NY.

I drove to Brooklyn and walked my Solve.
The next day I spoke with the manager there. She sent me to the permit office. I was immediately shut down when I said The Secret. I have filed online for a permit. Waiting for the rejection letter.

777 miles one way
$500 spent
Missed 3 days of work
I know that I am right..... priceless

So here I am. No permit needed. Everyday my search are gets a little smaller.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk