ChaseChat - Treasure Chat
SBs about roosters -- real ones, sculpture(s) - Printable Version

+- ChaseChat - Treasure Chat (https://www.chasechat.com)
+-- Forum: Forum (https://www.chasechat.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Forrest Fenn General Discussion (https://www.chasechat.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: SBs about roosters -- real ones, sculpture(s) (/showthread.php?tid=12771)

Pages: 1 2

SBs about roosters -- real ones, sculpture(s) - legacyhelper - 01-12-2020

If FF is teasing/hinting with these SBs, do you think it's about a male rooster being cocky?

Do you think it's about a comb, or about something combable?

RE: SBs about roosters -- real ones, sculpture(s) - Chris Yates - 01-13-2020

"these SBs" seems a bit general for something so specific

is the rooster just being cocky? or cock a doodle doodelly?

anway, i'd say forget the SBs, the poem is where its at

and the poem hints at roosters and drawings and doodellys, imo

just ask the mean widdle kid

RE: SBs about roosters -- real ones, sculpture(s) - Daniel A - 01-13-2020

(01-13-2020, 12:39 AM)Chris Yates Wrote: "these SBs" seems a bit general for something so specific

I think that if a person could interpret the poem, they could also interpret Fenn's other writings.

SBs about roosters -- real ones, sculpture(s) - crazyfamily - 01-13-2020

...and visa-versa.

razyfamily

RE: SBs about roosters -- real ones, sculpture(s) - trigace - 01-13-2020

In my search area is the image of a giant rooster/chicken comb. The 70 pound weight and 2 foot height of the scrapbook rooster are distances that fit inside one of the comb lobes.

RE: SBs about roosters -- real ones, sculpture(s) - wildfuntear - 01-13-2020

These all make sense to me. It appears that many things FF has said may (rightly or not) be taken as very subtle hints.

Regarding the cockiness/comb questions, I think "yes" is a good answer for both.

Don't roosters crow in the morning? Maybe hints continue to appear.

(01-13-2020, 07:18 AM)Daniel A Wrote:
(01-13-2020, 12:39 AM)Chris Yates Wrote: "these SBs" seems a bit general for something so specific

I think that if a person could interpret the poem, they could also interpret Fenn's other writings.

imo, it depends on what you mean by interpret

would someone who has solved clues in the poem recognize subtle hints in the SB's?

yes, just like they would recognize subtle hints in TTOTC

but if by interpret we are talking about when people bloviate on and on about their view of whats in a SB (or in a TTOTC story) as if f has put a hidden layer that reveals his treatise on the meaning of life, then no

imo, that is just someone seeing what is already in their own head and want to use this as an excuse to pat themselves on the back while pretending they are seeing something that somehow has to do with clues or the treasure hunt, when it has nothing to do with it

it is apparent f has wanted to share things that have happened in his life, and tell stories about things he is interested in. this is a separate thing from also placing some subtle hints in there, which i believe he has done

imo, searchers should remember that the only thing that can lead us to the treasure, the only thing with the actual clues to do this, is the poem

and if there is a way of thinking, a thought process, that a searcher has in using subtle hints outside the poem, that contradicts that understanding, it can only lead them astray. and it is a way of thinking that can only ever be confirmed by one's own pre-conceived bias

so what this means is that, there is no way that any interpreting of any SB for example (in and of itself) could let one know that something is a hint

if you have solved some clues and know they are correct from the poem, then you could recognize hints in the SB. and you would be correct as to exactly what the hint is, and what it means.

i don't believe anyone can read Fenn's mind, and i also don't believe in voodoo, so the fact that f wrote the poem with clues is the only thing that even makes this possible

i know some people might disagree with this, and my response would be, perhaps at some future date you might be able to step outside yourself, and realize that the reason you disagree is entirely because you have convinced yourself over a bunch of things you think you are seeing, and you tell yourself 'how can this be a coincidence?', but this is entirely and only why you are convinced in your own mind you are right.

again, just my opinion, but it is obvious to me when i read certain posts, that people are expressing something they feel certain about, but it is mostly all based on lots and lots of non-poem hints (supposed).

and if their specific thoughts were laid out on the table so to speak and they were asked to support their conclusions with only hidden clues/hints in the poem such that it provided a high level of certainty, they would not be able to do so

SBs about roosters -- real ones, sculpture(s) - crazyfamily - 01-13-2020

Sure Chris, whatever you say. You think that’s the first time I heard that?

Speaking of bloviating...Somewhere a chrisword puzzle is missing it’s master key.

razyfamily

so if someone wanted a key or combination of sorts to identify the state the treasure is hidden

perhaps an adjustment could help

not changing any words, as the context of f's "don't mess with the poem" indicate we shouldn't

but he also said the treasure may be found by one who can best adjust

so what if we adjusted line 13, say, i don't know, spin the line where the last word is the first

RE: SBs about roosters -- real ones, sculpture(s) - 5GIRLS - 01-13-2020

would you call it an adjustment when it tells you to dig?