ChaseChat - Treasure Chat
MWFM possible poem/book chapter title connection - Printable Version

+- ChaseChat - Treasure Chat (https://www.chasechat.com)
+-- Forum: Forum (https://www.chasechat.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Archived Forrest Fenn Categories (https://www.chasechat.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=36)
+---- Forum: TTOTC Stories (https://www.chasechat.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+---- Thread: MWFM possible poem/book chapter title connection (/showthread.php?tid=912)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

MWFM possible poem/book chapter title connection - Nora Kelly - 01-17-2014

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:
<b>Quote from Woody Bogg on January 17, 2014, 7:59 pm</b>

The dove is exactly what it is.
</div>

I know what you mean. Probably so.

I just remember Dal saying he asked Forrest about though, and he said something along those lines of it having to do with deforestation and wildlife impact. -- Someone else may better know when and where it was said.

Whether it has anything of significance, probably not, unless your looking somewhere that has been logged heavily or burnt. :-)

Keep it simple, right?

MWFM possible poem/book chapter title connection - Chris Yates - 01-17-2014

<b>Quote from John Brown on January 17, 2014, 8:19 pm</b>
<div class="bbcode_quote">
<b>Quote from Chris Yates on January 17, 2014, 8:14 pm</b>

"I will give you an important clue, no need to look for the treasure in a place where a 79 or 80 year old man couldn’t go with a 44 pound treasure chest full of gold and precious gems. Good luck. f "
</div>

HE NEVER SAID THAT</div>
</div>

this is on Dal's site as an email that F gave permission for the contents of the email and his reply to be shared

are you disputing the authenticity that this is Forrest replying in the email? as far as i know Dal has direct contact with Forrest and so Forrest giving this to Dal to be shared on his website is pretty good confirmation that it is authentic

http://dalneitzel.com/2012/10/02/forrest-gets-mail/

MWFM possible poem/book chapter title connection - trigace - 01-17-2014

<b>Quote from Chris Yates on January 17, 2014, 6:52 pm</b>

ive read the crazy theories about WWH being in a different state and the poem takes you to another state

sure, ya, try harder lol Tongue
</div>

I wouldn't call others' theories "crazy" if I were you. Especially after what you've been "theorizing". WWWH, in my opinion, IS definitely in a different state than is the treasure. And, in my opinion, Forrest gives no coordinates to the chest or anything else. You just have to read the poem and interpret the clues correctly, in the order given. It's all pretty straight forward, as I see it. But it's not easy. There are many interpretations to each clue! I've been sidetracked many times based on the wrong interpretation.

I agree with many that the picture on page 146 in the book about the man with the ax looking up to the bird in the crescent moon gives confirmatory information to the location of the chest. As also does the epitaph on the next page (146). And I think that his story "Looking For Lewis and Clark" has details that coincide with the route of the treasure quest.

Most will not agree with me but I don't think the "Blaze" is any more significant of a clue than any other clue and it's not anywhere near the treasure. And "your quest to cease" doesn't have anything to do with it being near the end of the search. To understand these clues you must have been "on the ground" and seen/interpreted the blaze. Many have probably been to the blaze but not recognized it. When you know what the blaze is, you should be able to find out what "your quest to cease" means.

why shouldn't i call something crazy if i think its crazy

people tell me if im crazy in this thread and others, it doesn't bother me

and if i can take it in stride then, i won't expect any less from anyone else what i expect from myself

MWFM possible poem/book chapter title connection - John Brown - 01-17-2014

<b>Quote from Chris Yates on January 17, 2014, 8:34 pm</b>
<b>Quote from John Brown on January 17, 2014, 8:19 pm</b>
<b>Quote from Chris Yates on January 17, 2014, 8:14 pm</b>

"I will give you an important clue, no need to look for the treasure in a place where a 79 or 80 year old man couldn’t go with a 44 pound treasure chest full of gold and precious gems. Good luck. f "
</div>

HE NEVER SAID THAT</div>
</div>

this is on Dal's site as an email that F gave permission for the contents of the email and his reply to be shared

are you disputing the authenticity that this is Forrest replying in the email? as far as i know Dal has direct contact with Forrest and so Forrest giving this to Dal to be shared on his website is pretty good confirmation that it is authentic

http://dalneitzel.com/2012/10/02/forrest-gets-mail/

</div>
</div>

I'll be damned. Its the first time I ever heard him refer to it as a 44 pound chest.

MWFM possible poem/book chapter title connection - John Brown - 01-17-2014

<b>Quote from Nora Kelly on January 17, 2014, 8:25 pm</b>
<b>Quote from Woody Bogg on January 17, 2014, 7:59 pm</b>

The dove is exactly what it is.
</div>

I know what you mean. Probably so.

I just remember Dal saying he asked Forrest about though, and he said something along those lines of it having to do with deforestation and wildlife impact. -- John Brown, Jason or Halogetter would probably know since they are great with his quotes.

Whether it has anything of significance, probably not, unless your looking somewhere that has been logged heavily or burnt. :-)

Keep it simple, right?</div>
</div>

Not me. I don't pay that much attention to them.

I jinxed you John. I was saying how great you and some others were with quotes. :-)

Your usually right.

<b>Quote from John Brown on January 17, 2014, 10:01 pm</b>

I'll be damned. Its the first time I ever heard him refer to it as a 44 pound chest.

</div>

he has mentioned other times i believe that it is 42 pounds, and the most prominent would be the thrill resource page where he says "it weighs 42 pounds"

so it is clear i think that this is the only time he says 44 and so this is the aberration, or a mistake if one thinks it is a mistake.

I like "overthinking". Is that what it's called? To me, it's just exploring ALL "reasonable" possibilities. It's not like it's difficult. Things are only hard if you want them to be. There have been some simple approaches, some middle ground, and some eccentric ones. I think we've hit on just about everything there is. The solve is there somewhere, or at least up to the final part of it. Who will find it and who won't has already been determined by our different ways of thinking. For some, we will get close, but never close enough. For others, we never had a chance. But there is someone, who will find that "special place" and when they do, they will know what they are looking for and where to find it.......... putting the rest of the clues together step by step until the lid is open on that cold bronze chest.

Not fair? Everyone has "access" to the same information, don't we? Just different ways of looking at it. But if the person who finds it is will probably be the same type of person that can't keep it quiet, like Fenn said, then I think most of us have a fair chance. :-)

Hmmmm.........

What mind shall find the chest...............

does anyone have a link or remember where to find the thread where people are discussing the dimensions of the book and what it would weigh if converted to gold. i remember reading it a while back