ChaseChat - Treasure Chat
MWFM possible poem/book chapter title connection - Printable Version

+- ChaseChat - Treasure Chat (https://www.chasechat.com)
+-- Forum: Forum (https://www.chasechat.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Archived Forrest Fenn Categories (https://www.chasechat.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=36)
+---- Forum: TTOTC Stories (https://www.chasechat.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+---- Thread: MWFM possible poem/book chapter title connection (/showthread.php?tid=912)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

MWFM possible poem/book chapter title connection - Chris Yates - 01-17-2014

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:
<b>Quote from Jason on January 17, 2014, 10:37 pm</b>

John still wins on a technicality........ Fenn never <i>SAID</i> the statement referenced previously........ He <i>WROTE</i> it!!!

A subtle, yet distinct difference....
</div>

he didn't write it .... he typed it !!! ha ha ha

and if he uses dragon speak on his email, then maybe im right 8-)

MWFM possible poem/book chapter title connection - Chris Yates - 01-17-2014

"I will give you an important clue, no need to look for the treasure in a place where a 79 or 80 year old man couldn’t go with a 44 pound treasure chest full of gold and precious gems. Good luck. f "

there is the quote again. im posting it because i think i know the meaning/clue that is the reason why F said 44 instead of 42.

if i am right then the numbers 80 and 44 are part of the mix, and the number not mentioned that could be thrown into the mix as well, is 23.

if you read the story on his blog about mirror/poem, there are 2 numbers only mentioned in the poem, 23 and 44.

MWFM possible poem/book chapter title connection - Woody Bogg - 01-17-2014

<b>Quote from Nora Kelly on January 17, 2014, 10:35 pm</b>

I like "overthinking". Is that what it's called? To me, it's just exploring ALL "reasonable" possibilities. It's not like it's difficult. Things are only hard if you want them to be. There have been some simple approaches, some middle ground, and some eccentric ones. I think we've hit on just about everything there is. The solve is there somewhere, or at least up to the final part of it. Who will find it and who won't has already been determined by our different ways of thinking. For some, we will get close, but never close enough. For others, we never had a chance. But there is someone, who will find that "special place" and when they do, they will know what they are looking for and where to find it.......... putting the rest of the clues together step by step until the lid is open on that cold bronze chest.

Not fair? Everyone has "access" to the same information, don't we? Just different ways of looking at it. But if the person who finds it is will probably be the same type of person that can't keep it quiet, like Fenn said, then I think most of us have a fair chance. :-)

Hmmmm.........

What mind shall find the chest...............
</div>
I agree most everyone has a fair chance. you can't ask for more than that can you.

MWFM possible poem/book chapter title connection - John Brown - 01-18-2014

<b>Quote from Jason on January 17, 2014, 10:51 pm</b>

@ Chris,

Here is the link to a thread by tomwhat concerning the book weight in gold would be 42 pounds....http://www.chasechat.com/chat/?mingleforumaction=viewtopic&t=311
</div>

To get 42 pounds you have to ignore the actual shape of the book and use the largest dimensions possible. To be clear: you ignore the fact that the pages are inset from the cover. If you account for that you'll shave off a few pounds. There are so many 42's in the book and poem I think losing one more or less doesn't matter. I doubt the 42 pound book was accidental.

MWFM possible poem/book chapter title connection - Guest - 01-18-2014

Another possibility That I have found in the poem is, 42lb = 3 stone weights. a stone weight was commonly used for centuries, 1 stone weight = 14lb. 14x3 = 42. I'm sure Chris or anyone really, can find the significance to 3 in the poem.

Just more fuel for the fire.

How many 42's are in the poem?

<b>Quote from clinger on January 18, 2014, 12:51 pm</b>

Isn't 42 also the answer to life, the universe, and everything according to Adams? It's been a long time since I read HHGTTU.
</div>

Yes but then the question of what the question is arose. The mice put forth a fraudulent answer of "How many roads must a man walk down." (Fenn's answer to that is "Just one."). Then the earth was constructed to figure out what the question was but it was destroyed for the intergalactic throughway before it had finished computing the answer (the question.)

MWFM possible poem/book chapter title connection - musstag - 01-19-2014

<b>Quote from ThrillChaser on January 16, 2014, 10:42 pm</b>

http://dalneitzel.com/2012/01/26/is-the-book-important The chapters in my book have very subtle hints but are not deliberately placed to aid the seeker /
</div>

IMO, He did 'intend' to put hints in the books chapters,(because he said they are in there) BUT the actual placement is not 'deliberate' or meaningful.

Also could the word, 'straightforward' be the TTOTC poems KeyWord to a Lewis Carroll alphabet cipher? <<(LOL)

MWFM possible poem/book chapter title connection - mdc777 - 01-23-2014

The truth of the matter Chris is that even if you posted your full solution no one would believe it, understand it or think it's correct.

MWFM possible poem/book chapter title connection - ThrillChaser - 01-23-2014

<b>Quote from mdc777 on January 23, 2014, 2:09 pm</b>

The truth of the matter Chris is that even if you posted your full solution no one would believe it, understand it or think it's correct.

</div>

With the possible exception of some of the Lurker Brainiacs.