ChaseChat - Treasure Chat
MWFM possible poem/book chapter title connection - Printable Version

+- ChaseChat - Treasure Chat (https://www.chasechat.com)
+-- Forum: Forum (https://www.chasechat.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Archived Forrest Fenn Categories (https://www.chasechat.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=36)
+---- Forum: TTOTC Stories (https://www.chasechat.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+---- Thread: MWFM possible poem/book chapter title connection (/showthread.php?tid=912)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

MWFM possible poem/book chapter title connection - Sleeper - 01-17-2014

Well if you take the hexagonal square root of the tetrahedron on page 69 and fold it over to the parallel quadrant on page 123 you get a secret message saying JUONKOESI. Reading every other letter forward then starting backwards doing the same you get JOKE IS ON U. Damn you Forrest damn you................

MWFM possible poem/book chapter title connection - Woody Bogg - 01-17-2014

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:
<b>Quote from Sleeper on January 17, 2014, 12:33 pm</b>

Well if you take the hexagonal square root of the tetrahedron on page 69 and fold it over to the parallel quadrant on page 123 you get a secret message saying JUONKOESI. Reading every other letter forward then starting backwards doing the same you get JOKE IS ON U. Damn you Forrest damn you................

</div>
Sleeper : So you actually believe There is no treasure out there to find??? Or is there some other meaning to that.???

MWFM possible poem/book chapter title connection - mdc777 - 01-17-2014

The 36 inches thing was me posting a while back.

I see Latitude and Longitude in the book for various reasons. Also he hints at Lat/Long in the chapters before you even get to numbers.

36 inch bathtub and 105 bombs on the bomber. When I look up that operation from Vietnam I see 102 or 104 bombs on that plane not 105.

So 36 degrees Latitiude and 105 Longitude put you right in what area? What a coincidence huh?

http://www.mapsofworld.com/usa/states/new-mexico/lat-long.html

What city is in that area that the book has a clue to?

PILAR, NEW MEXICO. The Hemingway clue ties it in and possibly more ways than one but maybe that is just me. See my thread under New Mexico.

Am I saying the chest is in PILAR? No I don't know that but it sures seems more than random numbers and false quotes in the book that point to it.

https://www.google.com/#q=what+is+the+lat.long+of+pilar+nm%3F

Chris ~ you are saying you think the Lat/Long in the book is in degrees AND decimal?

I don't understand the 36 inches under the ground clues. Please help me out.

IHATECHESS777 at YAHOO . COM

(This is a good conversation about the poem and book, keep it up!)

MWFM possible poem/book chapter title connection - Sleeper - 01-17-2014

@Woody

Nah, I'm just throwing some fun at the situation. Do I believe that Mr. Fenn hid the treasure? Yes. Do I think playing mind games just to see if you are more intelligent than someone else childish? Yes.

MWFM possible poem/book chapter title connection - mdc777 - 01-17-2014

As I think about it here is another reason for Lat/Long being a legit solution.

ff was a fighter pilot for 17 years and flew his private plane for how many years after the service?

His whole life has been about coordinates, maps, flight plans and Lat/Long. As someone who has done treasure hunts in the past (Rick Nowak can vouch) it really helps to get to know the person who hid the treasure and that gives you insight into how they hid it and what clues they developed.

very logical ff would incorporate Lat/Long in his clues and or poem.

MWFM possible poem/book chapter title connection - Woody Bogg - 01-17-2014

777 : I have no clue who Rick Nowak is I know he has given me a hard time a time or two. I also have done treasure hunts in the past and present."With success " So now I understand where he's coming from. I also have my where I'm coming from things to. Not a bad thing I guess.

MWFM possible poem/book chapter title connection - Desertphile - 01-17-2014

<b>Quote from John Brown on January 17, 2014, 12:15 pm</b>
<div class="bbcode_quote">
<b>Quote from Woody Bogg on January 17, 2014, 10:56 am</b>

What do you think of Tarry scant with marvel gaze .
</div>

It's "But tarry scant". To my mind that means that once you've found the blaze and the end of the quest you'll have everything solved except "tarry scant".</div>
</div>

Indeed, "tarry scant" also means "there's a little tar on it."

MWFM possible poem/book chapter title connection - Desertphile - 01-17-2014

<b>Quote from mdc777 on January 17, 2014, 12:39 pm</b>

The 36 inches thing was me posting a while back.

I see Latitude and Longitude in the book for various reasons. Also he hints at Lat/Long in the chapters before you even get to numbers.

36 inch bathtub and 105 bombs on the bomber. When I look up that operation from Vietnam I see 102 or 104 bombs on that plane not 105.

So 36 degrees Latitude and 105 Longitude put you right in what area? What a coincidence huh?

{....}
</div>

Yes indeed, but there are many other numbers in the book. The "coincidence" you see is also known as "confirmation bias."

MWFM possible poem/book chapter title connection - Nora Kelly - 01-17-2014

Hatorade -- the official sports drink of The Thrill of the Chase!!

MWFM possible poem/book chapter title connection - Nora Kelly - 01-17-2014

"Confirmations". Without them one would be going in too many different directions.

If you were going to drive to N.Y. for the first time, would you use a map to get you there? Or would you just wing-it with no knowledge of any of the states you would have to go through to get you there and no one to ask directions? And that would be easy compared to this. --The poem is the map. And the book is the people you could ask along the way, but you may not always get the information you seek, so it is up to us to use discernment. If you don't like following directions or if you can't trust other people then you probably should just stick with the poem.

Forrest says the book will help with the clues in the poem, but then he also says that the book is for fun and not meant for research and that there hasn't been anything deliberately placed there. Ok. And there are a lot of contradictions other than that. I don't think he would lie to us, so like Chris Yates said, "what does he mean?"

I think I will try my luck up around The Rio Chama for awhile.