ChaseChat - Treasure Chat
MWFM possible poem/book chapter title connection - Printable Version

+- ChaseChat - Treasure Chat (https://www.chasechat.com)
+-- Forum: Forum (https://www.chasechat.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Archived Forrest Fenn Categories (https://www.chasechat.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=36)
+---- Forum: TTOTC Stories (https://www.chasechat.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+---- Thread: MWFM possible poem/book chapter title connection (/showthread.php?tid=912)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

MWFM possible poem/book chapter title connection - Guest - 01-17-2014

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:
<b>Quote from Chris Yates on January 17, 2014, 6:30 pm</b>
<div class="bbcode_quote">
<b>Quote from mdc777 on January 17, 2014, 12:39 pm</b>

Chris ~ you are saying you think the Lat/Long in the book is in degrees AND decimal?

I don't understand the 36 inches under the ground clues. Please help me out.

IHATECHESS777 at YAHOO . COM

(This is a good conversation about the poem and book, keep it up!)
</div>

yes the poem is encoded with old form and decimal form of the coordinates, imo

i am going to respectfully decline to further discuss clues by email. i hope u understand

yes, this is good discussion, lets keep it going</div>
</div>

I have found one full set of coordinates [ old form ] would really like to know your decimal one. even after the decimal would work for me. Is it both lat. and lon.?

MWFM possible poem/book chapter title connection - Woody Bogg - 01-17-2014

This whole thing has lots of holes in it. Now I need a shovel. And a metal detector and all my food and my sleeping bag and a flash light and etc. Is there anyone here that wants to volunteer to carry all the stuff I'm going to need to find this thing. extra batteries something to put the chest in my gun so nobody takes it from me extra ammo. drinking water . man I'm really going to be weighted down I don't know if I can carry another 42 lbs.

MWFM possible poem/book chapter title connection - duncan - 01-17-2014

'' this whole thing has lots of holes in it''...no kiddin !! have a good night Woody....d ofte

MWFM possible poem/book chapter title connection - Nora Kelly - 01-17-2014

The Dove has so many different representations, just in Native American symbolism, from love, peace, hope for rain, foolishness, safe return and protection in battle, the spirit of the deceased -- which could have the meaning that his dad was watching him from above and he was the lumberjack who had cut all the trees down -- that he has done everything he wanted to and there was nothing left to do -- all the trees were cut down/all the thrills of the chase are gone and he's lived his life to the fullest, what's left?

But my understanding about the bird on the moon was that it had to do with the Environment and the depletion of our natural resources, deforestation, etc., and the effect it would have on our wildlife. I thought Dal had said that before.

MWFM possible poem/book chapter title connection - Woody Bogg - 01-17-2014

The dove is exactly what it is.

MWFM possible poem/book chapter title connection - Chris Yates - 01-17-2014

<b>Quote from Woody Bogg on January 17, 2014, 7:59 pm</b>

The dove is exactly what it is.
</div>

that clears that up

MWFM possible poem/book chapter title connection - Chris Yates - 01-17-2014

"I will give you an important clue, no need to look for the treasure in a place where a 79 or 80 year old man couldn’t go with a 44 pound treasure chest full of gold and precious gems. Good luck. f "

MWFM possible poem/book chapter title connection - John Brown - 01-17-2014

<b>Quote from Chris Yates on January 17, 2014, 8:14 pm</b>

"I will give you an important clue, no need to look for the treasure in a place where a 79 or 80 year old man couldn’t go with a 44 pound treasure chest full of gold and precious gems. Good luck. f "
</div>

HE NEVER SAID THAT

MWFM possible poem/book chapter title connection - will197532 - 01-17-2014

If you see mme in the woods sitting on a log drinking a beer, just walk past me cause I have found the chest and im celebrating. Smile

MWFM possible poem/book chapter title connection - John Brown - 01-17-2014

<b>Quote from Desertphile on January 17, 2014, 7:01 pm</b>
<div class="bbcode_quote">
<b>Quote from John Brown on January 17, 2014, 6:51 pm</b>

In my opinion the poem is encoded with an X on the map and that's it. No coordinates. All you need is a map and the poem.
</div>

Indeed, and I think your hypothesis is clever. But Mr. Fenn has said that people tend to "over-think" the solution, and I suspect you have also done so. Of course you will probably find the chest and shove it my my face while wailing "Ha ha! In your eye! Haw haw haw!"</div>
</div>

There are two kinds of people on the chase: those who think an X on a map is "over thinking" and those who don't!