ChaseChat - Treasure Chat
New Mexico Searchers Can Rule This Area Out - Printable Version

+- ChaseChat - Treasure Chat (https://www.chasechat.com)
+-- Forum: Forum (https://www.chasechat.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Forrest Fenn General Discussion (https://www.chasechat.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: New Mexico Searchers Can Rule This Area Out (/showthread.php?tid=9825)

Pages: 1 2 3

New Mexico Searchers Can Rule This Area Out - Mindy - 03-09-2018

I remembered this email I got from FF when telling him I was planning a trip to search the area around Alamo Canyon. He sent this in reply:

[Image: 10c64ea484869b2b0f0b51bc7fddc53f.jpg]

To me, it appears he ruled this spot out in the email by saying implying that since the kids wouldn’t find the treasure, at least they could find some arrowheads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: New Mexico Searchers Can Rule This Area Out - Minnie Eftskin - 03-09-2018

Quote:To me, it appears he ruled this spot out

Are you sure you want to do that? Do you have a 'good' map of the area; I have the 1876 BACA HEIRS LOCATION GRANT map (1876) for that area. The Initial Point is at the top of Alamo Canyon...

Almost forgot... the Valle San Antonio quad sheet was used to be called the Jemez Springs; surveyed in 1937. I have that as well...

Minnie

RE: New Mexico Searchers Can Rule This Area Out - Beavertooth - 03-09-2018

I don't read the email that way at all. I would not rule Alamo Canyon out. Full disclosure: I am not searching in that area, however.

RE: New Mexico Searchers Can Rule This Area Out - JoeKing101 - 03-09-2018

(03-09-2018, 02:57 PM)Beavertooth Wrote: I don't read the email that way at all. I would not rule Alamo Canyon out. Full disclosure: I am not searching in that area, however.

Same here, I dont see how you connected the dots on this one. But it does raise some eyebrows on what the context of the rest of this email and the odd choice in email title. Were you asking for conformation on your solve location?

(03-09-2018, 03:39 PM)JoeKing101 Wrote:
(03-09-2018, 02:57 PM)Beavertooth Wrote: I don't read the email that way at all. I would not rule Alamo Canyon out. Full disclosure: I am not searching in that area, however.

Same here, I dont see how you connected the dots on this one. But it does raise some eyebrows on what the context of the rest of this email and the odd choice in email title. Were you asking for conformation on your solve location?

No, lol. I was telling him that the stars may align that I was going to be able to jump all the necessary hurdles in order to go on a search (transportation, mom-care, days off work, etc). The immediate email before I said “Alamo canyon,” was him asking me where in NM I was going to search.

[Image: d765b6b3ef80cdf303993fba4ace2592.jpg]

(03-09-2018, 06:38 PM)Mindy Wrote:
(03-09-2018, 03:39 PM)JoeKing101 Wrote:

No, lol. I was telling him that the stars may align that I was going to be able to jump all the necessary hurdles in order to go on a search (transportation, mom-care, days off work, etc). The immediate email before I said “Alamo canyon,” was him asking me where in NM I was going to search.

[Image: d765b6b3ef80cdf303993fba4ace2592.jpg]

That's what I assumed. No raised eyebrows here.

(03-09-2018, 09:04 PM)brubr Wrote: I agree with BT and JoeKing. I do not interpret Fenn's reply to be steering you away from Alamo canyon. On the contrary, it was nice of him to offer some arrowheads for them to search for.

Yes, it was. But I also assumed that he meant that since we wouldn’t find the treasure there the arrowheads were consolation prizes.

(03-09-2018, 09:14 PM)Mindy Wrote:
(03-09-2018, 09:04 PM)brubr Wrote: I agree with BT and JoeKing. I do not interpret Fenn's reply to be steering you away from Alamo canyon. On the contrary, it was nice of him to offer some arrowheads for them to search for.

Yes, it was. But I also assumed that he meant that since we wouldn’t find the treasure there the arrowheads were consolation prizes.

With assumptions like that, I may still have a chance! This race is not over.

(03-09-2018, 09:26 PM)brubr Wrote:
(03-09-2018, 09:14 PM)Mindy Wrote: Yes, it was. But I also assumed that he meant that since we wouldn’t find the treasure there the arrowheads were consolation prizes.

OK, I can see how you might assume that, but can you see how that might also be the wrong assumption? No judgement, not picking on you, just offering a different interpretation.......

Yes, definitely. I can see there could be other interpretations.

RE: New Mexico Searchers Can Rule This Area Out - knighterrant - 03-09-2018

(03-09-2018, 02:46 PM)Minnie Eftskin Wrote:
Quote:To me, it appears he ruled this spot out

Are you sure you want to do that? Do you have a 'good' map of the area; I have the 1876 BACA HEIRS LOCATION GRANT map (1876) for that area. The Initial Point is at the top of Alamo Canyon...

Almost forgot... the Valle San Antonio quad sheet was used to be called the Jemez Springs; surveyed in 1937. I have that as well...

Minnie

Minnie, I ought to let it go by; but I just can't help pointing out the following. For someone who extensively pimped the "Robin Hood" solve to newbs and the community as a whole, it is curious you seem to have a wealth of information on locales in New Mexico. Just sayin...Smile