Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Blaze....
08-13-2019, 08:44 AM,
RE: My Blaze....
(08-13-2019, 07:14 AM)crazyfamily Wrote:
(08-12-2019, 11:30 PM)minotaur_moreno Wrote: Exactly. Same concept, but in Mr. Fenn’s special spot to point to it.

That’s exactly how I would do it.

Also, let’s not forget, he wrote an article from the perspective of the mother of Indiana Jones.

Of course, that would mean you’re screwed for the year on a cloudy day.

mm
His comment that you won’t find it on spring break or Easter seem to create a special problem for the finder. Those dates are close to the vernal equinox, but does that mean that you can’t find it on the autumnal equinox as well?

My question following those comments was, what if in 200 years you’d done all the work and you were ready to retrieve the chest, could you still not find it on Easter? Why?

razyfamily

You wont find it on spring break because of its location, not because of the season of the year.

Interesting, I've never seen footprints where I'm searching, either. Seen lots of bear, cougar, elk, deer, and ringtail prints, however.
08-13-2019, 04:09 PM,
(08-13-2019, 08:44 AM)brubr Wrote:
(08-13-2019, 07:14 AM)crazyfamily Wrote:
(08-12-2019, 11:30 PM)minotaur_moreno Wrote: Exactly. Same concept, but in Mr. Fenn’s special spot to point to it.

That’s exactly how I would do it.

Also, let’s not forget, he wrote an article from the perspective of the mother of Indiana Jones.

Of course, that would mean you’re screwed for the year on a cloudy day.

mm
His comment that you won’t find it on spring break or Easter seem to create a special problem for the finder. Those dates are close to the vernal equinox, but does that mean that you can’t find it on the autumnal equinox as well?

My question following those comments was, what if in 200 years you’d done all the work and you were ready to retrieve the chest, could you still not find it on Easter? Why?

razyfamily

You wont find it on spring break because of its location, not because of the season of the year.

Interesting, I've never seen footprints where I'm searching, either. Seen lots of bear, cougar, elk, deer, and ringtail prints, however.

A ringtail is also known as a miner's cat. How cool is that?
08-13-2019, 04:53 PM,
(08-13-2019, 07:14 AM)crazyfamily Wrote: His comment that you won’t find it on spring break or Easter seem to create a special problem for the finder. ...

I have never seen a reference to Easter before. Are you referring to the following quote (missing an Easter reference):

"“I’m not flippant about this. It’s not something somebody is going to be able to do on spring break or a Sunday afternoon picnic. I’m looking a hundred years down the road, maybe a thousand years down the road. People don’t understand that.” -- ff
08-13-2019, 05:17 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-13-2019, 05:19 PM by crazyfamily.)
(08-13-2019, 04:53 PM)Beavertooth Wrote:
(08-13-2019, 07:14 AM)crazyfamily Wrote: His comment that you won’t find it on spring break or Easter seem to create a special problem for the finder. ...

I have never seen a reference to Easter before. Are you referring to the following quote (missing an Easter reference):

"“I’m not flippant about this. It’s not something somebody is going to be able to do on spring break or a Sunday afternoon picnic. I’m looking a hundred years down the road, maybe a thousand years down the road. People don’t understand that.” -- ff

https://youtu.be/2o1vXgBNso4

43:57

"There’s an old saying, 'you don’t know who the players are if you don’t have a program,' and if you’re not tuned in to something you can be totally oblivious of what the next person is thinking about. I mean, people go out looking for my treasure, and I’ve said and number of times… you’re not gonna find it on spring break or you’re not gonna find it on Easter Sunday."
08-13-2019, 06:33 PM,
The ground is too wet/muddy in the springtime for effective searching, in my opinion.

About the blaze (since the thread name seems to relate): compared to the area(s) immediately surrounding the blaze, I think it's relatively light-colored.
08-14-2019, 12:29 AM,
(08-13-2019, 05:17 PM)crazyfamily Wrote:

"There’s an old saying, 'you don’t know who the players are if you don’t have a program,' and if you’re not tuned in to something you can be totally oblivious of what the next person is thinking about. I mean, people go out looking for my treasure, and I’ve said and number of times… you’re not gonna find it on spring break or you’re not gonna find it on Easter Sunday."

Thanks for the reference. Never heard the Easter comment before.
08-15-2019, 12:22 PM,
(08-14-2019, 12:29 AM)Beavertooth Wrote:
(08-13-2019, 05:17 PM)crazyfamily Wrote:

Thanks for the reference. Never heard the Easter comment before.

I didn't either. That is a strange one.