Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why do you think we cant fully crack Mr.Fenns poem
10-09-2013, 11:40 AM,
Halogetter, I appreciate your comments.

I would like to add to your comment about where everyone stands with the clues. I have never worried about knowing what exact 9 clues Forrest alluded to, but, like alot of the people on this forum, I am pretty far along in the Poem.

My concern, like you, is how far along are the people not on any blogs and the people who don't participate but do read comments on all the different blogs. I sometimes question if what I am adding to the conversation may, in part, give someone the final key to the treasure.

It is always my choice to share on this forum and I have to admit that I myself have a need to give back because of one comment I read a long time ago on one of the blogs. That one thought that someone threw out there filled in the blank for me and kick-started me on the location solve I now have.
11-07-2013, 10:08 PM,
Agree with clinger to an extent. The reason we haven't cracked it is because the entire thing is so vague that our minds are coming up with many conflicting solutions.

Food for thought (your thoughts don't really need to eat, it is all theoretical): If Forrest himself told us the clues and their corresponding answers, would we think 'HOW COULD I NOT SEE THAT?!' or give him a frown because the answers themselves don't really make sense to us any way we think of it? We aren't Forrest. It makes sense to him, but maybe not to us.
11-07-2013, 10:33 PM,
I agree with you Clinger. It's almost feels like when i was a kid and my grandma and i would sit up late at night doing puzzles together. We would get to the last few pieces and figure out someone in the house hid a couple of the pieces on us. Eventually we'd piss and moan long enough til someone coughed them up.

In an email Forrest told me it took a key and not a combination for whatever that is worth.
11-08-2013, 05:27 AM,

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:
<b>Quote from JJ on November 7, 2013, 10:33 pm</b>

I agree with you Clinger. It's almost feels like when i was a kid and my grandma and i would sit up late at night doing puzzles together. We would get to the last few pieces and figure out someone in the house hid a couple of the pieces on us. Eventually we'd piss and moan long enough til someone coughed them up.

In an email Forrest told me it took a key and not a combination for whatever that is worth.
</div>
Hi JJ, I think FF's email response is a great clue, one simple key, nothing complex.
11-08-2013, 06:12 AM,
"Why do you think we cant fully crack Mr.Fenns poem"

Haw! Speak for yourself. I've heard from dozens and dozens of people who know exactly where the chest is. :-)
11-08-2013, 07:55 AM,
We are told that there are nine clues that if followed precisely will lead to the chest. We are also told that if we can figure out the first two clues, we can find the chest. So what are the other seven clues telling us?
11-08-2013, 08:52 AM,
I believe the first clue gives you the state and town you will begin. The second clue i dont believe i have cracked yet.

The Zia sun symbol fits like a glove with F.
11-08-2013, 10:52 AM,

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:
<b>Quote from admin on November 8, 2013, 7:36 am</b>

I have known exactly where it is 29283473892734397 times.
</div>

Hmmm. Did you search each one of those spots? If I read your number correctly it is ~2.9283473892734397 x 10^17. I don't know how big the search area is, but I'm sure it is under 200,000 square miles. Thus you've performed over 1.4 x 10^12 searches in each square mile of the area in play. There are ~25 million square feet in a mile. Thus you've performed over 5.6 x 10^4 searches per square foot. I can conclude one of two things: (A)You have the chest already or (B)You need to get your glasses prescription checked out.
11-08-2013, 02:29 PM,
I once asked one of my school teachers "can we take turns making tests for our class?". She said "no, because you'd make them so difficult, no one would be able to pass." She wasn't speaking of me individually, she meant that writing good tests is a learned skill which we had not obtained.

I worked in IT for many years which required that I occasionally write procedures for others to follow. I always made sure I had a few people test them before finalizing and distributing to make sure the steps were understandable, logical and most importantly, followed correctly without additional input from anyone.

It is easy to follow steps when you know the order and the larger picture, as Mr. Fenn sees the clues and solution. But it can be very difficult when no additional information is available and your mind is free to wander wherever it chooses.

It is quite possible that Mr. Fenn made this challenge harder than he is aware. Especially when he had no one to test it on before giving it out.

Another reason why we can't crack it could be as simple as, just as others have stated previously, his intent was to give us The Thrill of the Chase, not the thrill of the find, and it is just as difficult as he needed it to be to keep that intent alive.

jdh
11-08-2013, 03:27 PM,
Very good point jdh. Forrest is a very intelligent gentleman and in control of whether the chest will be found in his lifetime. If he wants it found eventually he'll release a clue to break it wide open for the right person or person's.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hairy's Crack Lounge, Open 24 Hours crazyfamily 475 49,238 Yesterday, 04:10 PM
Last Post: Seeker9