Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 2.2 Average
THE HINTS- VITAL TO SUCCESS
08-31-2017, 05:21 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-31-2017, 05:23 PM by easternOHsteve.)
RE: THE HINTS- VITAL TO SUCCESS
You must cross the stream! Unless it's winter and you could probably skate across.
It is a hint when you get out there telling you which side of the stream you need to look on.
just saying ss
08-31-2017, 05:36 PM,
(08-31-2017, 05:25 PM)crazyfamily Wrote:
(08-31-2017, 05:03 PM)fundamental design Wrote: Moderators, move the trouble makers and leave the thread here. Obviously, it belongs here.

I agree. Chase Chat is plagued by a few little leeches that wait for the right prey to come along and then just suck, and suck, and suck...like leeches do.

razyfamily

Agreed. I have been down there three weeks in two months, have ms, driven 6800 miles to get there and 7250 miles in my area, walked 32 miles, researched 100s of hours since June 24, 2017. Then you are asked what do you think WWWH or what county are you in? I know the answer by actually researching!
Sorry, I went off the rail. I am trying to get things together and get on the road with a helper.
I don't even know if I could carry the TC, lol. Maybe I would even forget where I placed it in the sedan.
just saying ss
08-31-2017, 06:23 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-31-2017, 06:26 PM by Mindy.)
(08-31-2017, 04:18 PM)Kpro Wrote:
(08-31-2017, 04:01 PM)fundamental design Wrote:
(08-31-2017, 03:58 PM)Kpro Wrote:
(08-31-2017, 03:56 PM)fundamental design Wrote:
(08-31-2017, 03:53 PM)njfl Wrote: FD,
You really should stop letting Mindy use your account because you're starting to sound like a girl.
It took you 4 years to figure out that bit of info? Slow huh?

Give this back to Mdavis, he left it here...and don't forget to have him update the box with all your important hint info you know. [Image: 412c2272c85c7df6dc50ec855c8ee648.png]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow, you have lots of spare time on your hands.

What's the fixation with so many references to MDavis?

Kpro

Email: kpro3@aol.com

Yeah, again you got it backwards. This in response to their fixation on us over here the past few days. I can always depend on kpro!!!

Awe thanks. I am stupid yet dependable!

I thought you two stated you were above it all and didn't want all the negativity. I see it is a two way street . Not in the positive anymore. Got it.

Kpro

Don't know why you keep saying "you two?" This isn't my thread. My answer to this whole thing is simply "Stinkingwater, aka Shoshone." Smile

(08-31-2017, 05:25 PM)crazyfamily Wrote:
(08-31-2017, 05:03 PM)fundamental design Wrote: Moderators, move the trouble makers and leave the thread here. Obviously, it belongs here.

I agree. Chase Chat is plagued by a few little leeches that wait for the right prey to come along and then just suck, and suck, and suck...like leeches do.

razyfamily

^^I agree with this, at least! Smile
Mindy's YouTube Channel and blog:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMAnEYj...UN1I6me_0g

http://www.myeverwonderland.blogspot.com
08-31-2017, 06:42 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-31-2017, 06:44 PM by fundamental design.)
(08-31-2017, 06:34 PM)Kpro Wrote:
(08-31-2017, 06:23 PM)Mindy Wrote:
(08-31-2017, 04:01 PM)fundamental design Wrote: [quote='Kpro' pid='170777' dateline='1504213114']

Wow, you have lots of spare time on your hands.

What's the fixation with so many references to MDavis?

Kpro

Yeah, again you got it backwards. This in response to their fixation on us over here the past few days. I can always depend on kpro!!!

I thought you two stated you were above it all and didn't want all the negativity. I see it is a two way street . Not in the positive anymore. Got it.

Kpro

Don't know why you keep saying "you two?" This isn't my thread. My answer to this whole thing is simply "Stinkingwater, aka Shoshone." Smile

I asked with a "he" and FD stated a response with "us", see the quote.

Kpro

(08-31-2017, 06:34 PM)Kpro Wrote:
(08-31-2017, 06:23 PM)Mindy Wrote:
(08-31-2017, 04:01 PM)fundamental design Wrote: Yeah, again you got it backwards. This in response to their fixation on us over here the past few days. I can always depend on kpro!!!

Kpro

I asked with a "he" and FD stated a response with "us", see the quote.

Kpro

Do you ever get tired of not making sense. I don't get tired of correcting you. You taking my response out of context doesn't make you look smarter. I replied that the clan on exile island have been fixated on us the past few days...check the actual quote. That doesn't imply that Mindy has been having any input on my posts. Work on doing better research.

Pays to be a winner.
08-31-2017, 07:03 PM,

Dude, you're part of the issue. You did not stay on topic. You got into pointless banter about the most confusing arguments that did not have a point.

I don't know who these people are that you are arguing with. Are they from the other forum? Do you know who they are? To me, they seemed like people who just disagreed with you and you went off on some mdavis/nmc/ whoever else is over there vendetta rant.

This thread was good in the beginning. There's no saving it now. Just delete it and make another but try not to put others down because you think their ideas are wrong or stupid.

That goes for every one.
08-31-2017, 07:03 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-31-2017, 07:34 PM by fundamental design.)
(08-31-2017, 06:50 PM)whatiff Wrote: Your thread, move it back on topic... hints...

Well, I was certainly going to wait till someone showed some decency and ask for it to be back on topic. Good job.

I left off where no one wanted to acknowledge the existence of the few f quotes that I posted. I won't repost them here but it speaks volumes of the caliber of the skeptical to not even acknowledge those facts.

I also showed an example of where an aberration in the book led to a specific area in the Rocky Mountains. May I add, this being verified by one of the more skeptical posters of my claims on this thread. Go figure.

I mentioned that it makes even more sense if another aberration in ttotc would converge in the same specific area. It makes even more sense if a hint in the first stanza of the poem correlates to the same specific area. That to me is enough confidence building to say yes I would think that's the correct area to start at.

There could be a few more aberrations that don't actually have a connection to a place in the Rocky Mountains. For example, the supposed blunder with For Whom a the Bell Tolls.

(08-31-2017, 07:03 PM)Itchy Ideas Wrote:

Dude, you're part of the issue. You did not stay on topic. You got into pointless banter about the most confusing arguments that did not have a point.

I don't know who these people are that you are arguing with. Are they from the other forum? Do you know who they are? To me, they seemed like people who just disagreed with you and you went off on some mdavis/nmc/ whoever else is over there vendetta rant.

This thread was good in the beginning. There's no saving it now. Just delete it and make another but try not to put others down because you think their ideas are wrong or stupid.

That goes for every one.

I didn't start it. Njfl did. Since they started it and think they can trash talk this thread on another site then yeah I have the right to take care of it my way if no one else does. Since you are in the dark on that I bring it up now. Go look at their thread over their before you feel the need to speak of things you don't know about. I've already mentioned to CC that members here shouldn't get the right to find a loophole in the rules of decorum here on CC by just spilling filth on another site...right, Itchy? If you don't agree then anyone here on CC can talk about you anyway the want on another blog, untrue stuff, nasty stuff- you name it and you don't get to say anything back. Sounds to me like a dumb system.

So I've done my due diligence. I've told them to stay on topic numerous times. If they are gonna start it I will do what's in our toolbox to try and stop it. You should remember that.

And you totally miss the goal of my thread. Again, reread the op and let me worry about where this thread is heading once the members with non compelling posts stop their crap.

Pays to be a winner.
08-31-2017, 09:15 PM,
njfl can apologize for violating this rule and delete the comments - or take a time out:

No personal attacks or accusations – robust discussion of ideas/solves, etc is OK, but no name calling, slurs about someone's character, intelligence, ethnicity, sexuality, etc.
08-31-2017, 09:22 PM,
Fundy, back on topic...hints...You posted back on post #15:
Just basing it on logic. We have to take into account what f tells us what a clue does for a searcher and what a hint does for us. They are different. A clue gets one closer to the tc. A hint helps with the clues. I paraphrased that as I don't readily know where f's quote of those descriptions are.

And then we recently had f's lost words on what the first clue is...wwwh. Lastly, the clues are consecutive. Use logic and you see what I said. A hint in ttotc can't get you closer to the tc than the first clue (wwwh). ***If a hint did get one closer, then by f's definition it can't be a hint...it's a clue***. Same thing if there's a hint in the poem like the first stanza. The first stanza literally has the word "hint" in it. "Begin" in the second stanza has been proven by f to mean begin.

In short, if we know where the first clue is and the clues are consecutive then any hint can't help after clue 1. Hints have to help before then.

It took me a minute to realize you were basically referring to hints in the poem with your last statements...Since hints are supposed to help with the clues, I understand that to indicate that the hints can help understand what the clues might mean...I see it as hints could be anywhere and help with deciphering what any clue might mean...

Maybe, maybe not, but here's an example I've run across in TFTW which to me sounds reasonable in understanding what some words in the poem COULD mean...F did say there were a couple of clues/hints in his new book as well...Not the unintended clue about Canada, but others...It's from the Preface to TFTW, and one discussed by searchers but in a different context than what is discussed normally...

To start; the very title of f's book is borrowed...Too Far To Walk is a novel by John Hersey published in the 1960's(1962 I think) and about a sluggish college student who wonders if going to his classes is just too far to walk, is it worth it or should he just stay where he is and not bother going...

Many searchers think the hint in f's book is about the distance of 10 miles he floated and waded on a 3 day trip fishing and enjoying the solitude...This 10 miles has been latched onto and used as the distance from WWWH to hoB, etc...What if the distance of 10 miles is not the hint?...What if the hint is the context in which the words 'too far to walk' are used by f? That it's a trip he just won't take now, he just won't go.
From TFTW: "...and I promised myself that someday I would make the trip again. That day never came for me, and my disappointment still casts a lonesome shadow across the Madison River. For me now, it's just too far to walk."

Is this the hint to understanding the words in the poem? Both the context of the words in Hersey's novel and f's book are basically the same - not going to go. It seems reasonable to think that "too far to walk" really has nothing to do with a distance of 10 miles but indicate that one is just not going anywhere, but staying where they are.

Helping decide what a clue might mean using context of two different authors and not a stated distance of "about ten miles" which may just be incidental to a three day float trip down the Madison to Baker's hole...

Is this the type of hint stuff you're interested in?
08-31-2017, 11:29 PM,
(08-31-2017, 05:39 AM)fundamental design Wrote: Thanks for explaining that. How many hints do you think there are to utilize this technique and where can they be found...poem, ttotc or sb's?

Hypothetically, they could be found in any of the above. As for how many, I don't have any idea but I wouldn't be surprised if the final count was evenly divisible by Pi.
08-31-2017, 11:50 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-01-2017, 12:56 AM by Itchy Ideas.)
(08-31-2017, 07:03 PM)fundamental design Wrote:
(08-31-2017, 06:50 PM)whatiff Wrote: Your thread, move it back on topic... hints...

Well, I was certainly going to wait till someone showed some decency and ask for it to be back on topic. Good job.

I left off where no one wanted to acknowledge the existence of the few f quotes that I posted. I won't repost them here but it speaks volumes of the caliber of the skeptical to not even acknowledge those facts.

I also showed an example of where an aberration in the book led to a specific area in the Rocky Mountains. May I add, this being verified by one of the more skeptical posters of my claims on this thread. Go figure.

I mentioned that it makes even more sense if another aberration in ttotc would converge in the same specific area. It makes even more sense if a hint in the first stanza of the poem correlates to the same specific area. That to me is enough confidence building to say yes I would think that's the correct area to start at.

There could be a few more aberrations that don't actually have a connection to a place in the Rocky Mountains. For example, the supposed blunder with For Whom a the Bell Tolls.

(08-31-2017, 07:03 PM)Itchy Ideas Wrote:

That goes for every one.

I didn't start it. Njfl did. Since they started it and think they can trash talk this thread on another site then yeah I have the right to take care of it my way if no one else does. Since you are in the dark on that I bring it up now. Go look at their thread over their before you feel the need to speak of things you don't know about. I've already mentioned to CC that members here shouldn't get the right to find a loophole in the rules of decorum here on CC by just spilling filth on another site...right, Itchy? If you don't agree then anyone here on CC can talk about you anyway the want on another blog, untrue stuff, nasty stuff- you name it and you don't get to say anything back. Sounds to me like a dumb system.

So I've done my due diligence. I've told them to stay on topic numerous times. If they are gonna start it I will do what's in our toolbox to try and stop it. You should remember that.

And you totally miss the goal of my thread. Again, reread the op and let me worry about where this thread is heading once the members with non compelling posts stop their crap.

Do you understand how damn confusing your posts are here then? I'm not going over to another site to see what others say about you. I'm not worried about that, nor does it have anything to do with what is discussed.

How are we supposed to follow your "logic" when you are putting everyone else ideas down, calling them stupid, not making it clear on what you're saying (because it's just an endless circle of ramble), and then you get into arguments about something totally off topic because youre responding to something ON A TOTALLY DIFFERENT WEBSITE?!?

YET IM SUPPOSE TO KNOW YOURE TALKING ABOUT?! So is everyone else????

Let me head over to that other site and look at something real quick...

Yup, just as I thought. They've had 0 registered users and 1 guest visiting their site in the last 5 minutes. Just like every other time I go see if anything is on that site. They have had one thread in last several days and in that thread there is an average of 2-3 posts a day by maybe 2-3 people total in that whole discussion.

So what I'm seeing here is that a great discussion was happening, you got into these little bickerments because a few did not agree with you, and then you went on another forum anticipating that people were talking about you and got offended by what maybe 3 people are taking about ON ANOTHER WEBSITE where apparently YOU ARE THEIR NUMBER ONE GUEST VIEWER since there's not really anyone over there and no one else knows what you're talking about. No one else here can follow you're saying because no one really cares about your drama and we are not going to go back and forth website to website to see who said what about who. We are too busy trying decode what is nonsense, what is actual discussion, and what are passive attacks to ignore.

(08-31-2017, 07:03 PM)fundamental design Wrote: So I've done my due diligence. I've told them to stay on topic numerous times. If they are gonna start it I will do what's in our toolbox to try and stop it. You should remember that.

Why should I remember that?

Also, how many times have I asked IN THIS THREAD to get back on topic? I'm pretty sure it was 3-5 times before I decided to call the thread trash because it's just you arguing with people left and right about nonsense.
.... But now you're saying to get back on track?

You built up a lot of drama in this thread and now you're talking like you had nothing to do with it.

(08-31-2017, 09:35 PM)Kpro Wrote: I will only quote the statement made about me on this thread: childish, fixated, "your words are stupid ", "typing stupid stuff".

I know that njfl was called a "n-job". I hate to think what the n stood for In That statement. Don't know her enough or the background between those hurling things at her to know what the n stands for.

Kpro

I think the n was just because the name starts with n. I'll be honest, I don't remember names if they are not words. I tried to think of one earlier to mention and thought of NMC.
Sort of like that guy djjmcix. After djj I kind of forget what the next letters were.
Can't really prove FD meant it in the context you might be thinking of.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Path To Success Silentfly 75 50,253 07-14-2016, 10:20 PM
Last Post: Silentfly
  Success Box decall 6 5,111 10-08-2015, 10:51 AM
Last Post: Buddy Allen
  The Book contains so many hints & clues, its ridiculous OR Are Forrests hints common to every place hes been ? SantaFe 23 15,041 03-06-2014, 12:29 AM
Last Post: deb