Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 2.2 Average
THE HINTS- VITAL TO SUCCESS
09-01-2017, 01:29 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-01-2017, 01:30 PM by Itchy Ideas.)
RE: THE HINTS- VITAL TO SUCCESS
(09-01-2017, 01:22 PM)fundamental design Wrote:
(09-01-2017, 01:08 PM)Itchy Ideas Wrote:
(09-01-2017, 12:53 PM)fundamental design Wrote:
(09-01-2017, 12:41 PM)The Count Wrote:
(09-01-2017, 12:28 PM)fundamental design Wrote: Then you have missed something I have said plenty of times which is I think there's a hint in the first stanza. Also, I'd say the problem for little Indy is that her map doesn't go down in resolution enough and that's why she can't get further than two clues. So, yeah, I'd pick ttotc as being more vital than little Indy's map.

On pg 7 of this thread I mentioned this thread being about a hint in stanza 1 and you siad
(08-29-2017, 10:13 AM)fundamental design Wrote: Good thoughts, The Count. All I'll add is no this thread isn't about forcing a stanza 1 hint on the collective. I've said that numerous times. My OP explains the purpose of the thread which is just to focus on the hints. It's fair for me to first list where I think the hints are to start additional conversations and thoughts like you just wrote. This thread is working exactly as designed.
If that's what you want this thread to be about just come and say it, nothing I've seen in the chase that says hint is vital. Can you post any quote that even says there's a hint in the poem, besides the word hint being in the poem?

If you designed this thread to be a pissing match with you a CC good job its been working just as designed lol

I don't think I have to find or show a quote that says there's a hint in the poem. Just using reasoning. F says little Indy can figure out wwwh with just the poem and a map of the Rockies. I believe that it's the poem that tells her that and I think it goes from top to bottom. I guess you feel that the rest of the sentence after wwwh tells you which wwwh we are looking for. I'm ok with where I am.

(09-01-2017, 12:49 PM)Itchy Ideas Wrote:
(09-01-2017, 11:54 AM)fundamental design Wrote: Looks like Itchy is taking the lottery system route of figuring out wwwh. Oh jeez, good luck with that.

Again, you're making comments here based on what you read elsewhere.
People who read your comment above will have no clue what you're talking about if they are unaware of the Other Thread.

Great and now you know how it feels on the other side of the coin. See my point? You felt compelled to reply to it. Good luck!

Other side of the coin? Again, wtf are you talking about? I don't see any point whatsoever.

Let's look at this in the view point of CHASECHAT.
FD makes a thread.
FD takes offense to something said by some people on another website.
FD replies to that website in the middle of the original thread where poem discussion is taking place. Thus, confusing the hell out of people reading the one sided drama.

I make a thread.
You give an opinion of my thread in this thread.
You say it's proving a point..to who?

All it does is confuse Chatchase users. We don't care about your issues with the other website. We don't keep updated with it. Heck, I'm pretty sure they are discussing what we are all experiencing first hand.

You're like an actor in a movie. Trying to play the role of specific character, but randomly screams out your distaste of Roger Ebert.
The audience would first be like "wtf was that?" Then when you keep doing it, the audience is like "worst actor ever" and demand a refund from the box office for wasting 2 hours of their life.

You complained about me making a comment on my own thread about something that happened not on my thread. I don't care if not everyone follows cause that's how the toolbox is supplied. I already said that I let a moderator know of that problem. So I'm covered unbeknownst to you since you forget that part. I said for njfl to take a message back. You don't have to worry or know why.

It just boils down to stuff said about others (wherever it's said) and once the one it's about sees it they get to reply where they want. Nobody else gets to say you can't reply. Your fixated in the place of the reply. I'm focused on the right to reply and do it anywhere you deem necessary to deliver the point. I'm not gonna post over there. Duh

So your goal would involve going off topic of whatever thread a discussion is taking place in?

And if I were to do what you've been doing, I would have replied to your "lottery" comment about me over there on my thread. I did not do that though, because I prefer to stay on topic there and not confuse people. I instead replied to comment where the comment was made.

Why don't you reply there? Are you afraid of something? I'm sure that's not it. I'm sure the answer will be "I don't want to give them the satisfaction of proving them wrong" or something like that. Well, your replies to them here is hurting Chasechat. You could give the forum you like and prefer (Chasechat) the satisfaction of not replying to them here. Just a thought.

Or don't reply at all...
09-01-2017, 01:34 PM,
(09-01-2017, 01:29 PM)Itchy Ideas Wrote:
(09-01-2017, 01:22 PM)fundamental design Wrote:
(09-01-2017, 01:08 PM)Itchy Ideas Wrote:
(09-01-2017, 12:53 PM)fundamental design Wrote:
(09-01-2017, 12:41 PM)The Count Wrote: On pg 7 of this thread I mentioned this thread being about a hint in stanza 1 and you siad
If that's what you want this thread to be about just come and say it, nothing I've seen in the chase that says hint is vital. Can you post any quote that even says there's a hint in the poem, besides the word hint being in the poem?

If you designed this thread to be a pissing match with you a CC good job its been working just as designed lol

I don't think I have to find or show a quote that says there's a hint in the poem. Just using reasoning. F says little Indy can figure out wwwh with just the poem and a map of the Rockies. I believe that it's the poem that tells her that and I think it goes from top to bottom. I guess you feel that the rest of the sentence after wwwh tells you which wwwh we are looking for. I'm ok with where I am.

(09-01-2017, 12:49 PM)Itchy Ideas Wrote: Again, you're making comments here based on what you read elsewhere.
People who read your comment above will have no clue what you're talking about if they are unaware of the Other Thread.

Great and now you know how it feels on the other side of the coin. See my point? You felt compelled to reply to it. Good luck!

Other side of the coin? Again, wtf are you talking about? I don't see any point whatsoever.

Let's look at this in the view point of CHASECHAT.
FD makes a thread.
FD takes offense to something said by some people on another website.
FD replies to that website in the middle of the original thread where poem discussion is taking place. Thus, confusing the hell out of people reading the one sided drama.

I make a thread.
You give an opinion of my thread in this thread.
You say it's proving a point..to who?

All it does is confuse Chatchase users. We don't care about your issues with the other website. We don't keep updated with it. Heck, I'm pretty sure they are discussing what we are all experiencing first hand.

You're like an actor in a movie. Trying to play the role of specific character, but randomly screams out your distaste of Roger Ebert.
The audience would first be like "wtf was that?" Then when you keep doing it, the audience is like "worst actor ever" and demand a refund from the box office for wasting 2 hours of their life.

You complained about me making a comment on my own thread about something that happened not on my thread. I don't care if not everyone follows cause that's how the toolbox is supplied. I already said that I let a moderator know of that problem. So I'm covered unbeknownst to you since you forget that part. I said for njfl to take a message back. You don't have to worry or know why.

It just boils down to stuff said about others (wherever it's said) and once the one it's about sees it they get to reply where they want. Nobody else gets to say you can't reply. Your fixated in the place of the reply. I'm focused on the right to reply and do it anywhere you deem necessary to deliver the point. I'm not gonna post over there. Duh

So your goal would involve going off topic of whatever thread a discussion is taking place in?

And if I were to do what you've been doing, I would have replied to your "lottery" comment about me over there on my thread. I did not do that though, because I prefer to stay on topic there and not confuse people. I instead replied to comment where the comment was made.

Why don't you reply there? Are you afraid of something? I'm sure that's not it. I'm sure the answer will be "I don't want to give them the satisfaction of proving them wrong" or something like that. Well, your replies to them here is hurting Chasechat. You could give the forum you like and prefer (Chasechat) the satisfaction of not replying to them here. Just a thought.

Or don't reply at all...

No, my goal is not what you say it is. Again, my OP stands for itself. And no I'm not going to reply over there cause I have this thread about hints. Duh

Pays to be a winner.
09-01-2017, 01:34 PM,
(09-01-2017, 12:53 PM)fundamental design Wrote: I don't think I have to find or show a quote that says there's a hint in the poem. Just using reasoning. F says little Indy can figure out wwwh with just the poem and a map of the Rockies. I believe that it's the poem that tells her that and I think the solution goes from top to bottom. I guess you feel that the rest of the sentence after wwwh tells you which wwwh we are looking for and you use the map of the Rockies. I'm ok with where I am.
Well what you call reasoning others call opinion or just a guess, would that mean your just doing the same that you accused itchy of? Your the one trying to build a case for there to be "vital hints" which I have seen no evidence of, when one is trying to build a case the use evidence. But there is evidence that shows only the poem is needed with no evidence that there is a "vital hint" in the poem, anyways if there is a "vital hint" in the poem would it be called a clue? Well here some evidence that the poem holds clues and the book holds hints, and the poem is all you need.

The clues are in the poem and my book has hints that will help a person with the clues. The book won’t take you to the treasure chest, but the book will help you with the clues that are in the poem.

The treasure will be found by someone who followed the clues to the location. To me, that is the only plausible recipe.

I knew from the beginning where to hide the treasure. It wasn’t until later that the clues were provided to find that spot. I don’t know “…that the poem will lead someone there,” as you asked, but the poem does provide everyone with that opportunity.

The clues can lead you to the treasure, and it will be there waiting when you arrive.

I could go on and on with quotes that say only the "clues" are needed, without solid reasoning that there are "vital hints" its just your opinion.

down with the evil twin

09-01-2017, 01:39 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-01-2017, 01:43 PM by fundamental design.)
(09-01-2017, 01:34 PM)The Count Wrote:
(09-01-2017, 12:53 PM)fundamental design Wrote: I don't think I have to find or show a quote that says there's a hint in the poem. Just using reasoning. F says little Indy can figure out wwwh with just the poem and a map of the Rockies. I believe that it's the poem that tells her that and I think the solution goes from top to bottom. I guess you feel that the rest of the sentence after wwwh tells you which wwwh we are looking for and you use the map of the Rockies. I'm ok with where I am.
Well what you call reasoning others call opinion or just a guess, would that mean your just doing the same that you accused itchy of? Your the one trying to build a case for there to be "vital hints" which I have seen no evidence of, when one is trying to build a case the use evidence. But there is evidence that shows only the poem is needed with no evidence that there is a "vital hint" in the poem, anyways if there is a "vital hint" in the poem would it be called a clue? Well here some evidence that the poem holds clues and the book holds hints, and the poem is all you need.

The clues are in the poem and my book has hints that will help a person with the clues. The book won’t take you to the treasure chest, but the book will help you with the clues that are in the poem.

The treasure will be found by someone who followed the clues to the location. To me, that is the only plausible recipe.

I knew from the beginning where to hide the treasure. It wasn’t until later that the clues were provided to find that spot. I don’t know “…that the poem will lead someone there,” as you asked, but the poem does provide everyone with that opportunity.

The clues can lead you to the treasure, and it will be there waiting when you arrive.

I could go on and on with quotes that say only the "clues" are needed, without solid reasoning that there are "vital hints" its just your opinion.

Good, maybe you'll be the one to answer my question upstream to NMeans which he/she convieniently dodged. It's still an open question for all on your side of the coin....

And I'll stick with reasoning.

I'm sure there were a few searchers using reason that had figured out that wwwh was the correct first clue before they heard f confirm that. Like I've said, could be the same for the words 'hint' and 'cease'.

Pays to be a winner.
09-01-2017, 01:44 PM,
RE: THE HINTS VITAL TO SUCCESS
(08-28-2017, 01:18 PM)Itchy Ideas Wrote:
(08-28-2017, 12:24 PM)fundamental design Wrote: I thought I might as well corner the market on the importance of the hints. I know many searchers try to figure out the hints and there's like one that doesn't believe it's worth looking for them in ttotc. So, I'm not saying I'm the first to look for them or say they are important. I'm just gonna bring the search for them into the forefront from here on out by bumping this thread to the top everyday. I don't believe that will be viewed as a trollish move.

This is where the Chase is as of now. All have heard what the first clue is from f himself. The wwwh we are looking for is one of many. The hints will shine the way to the correct wwwh from here on out.....

If this is cornering the market, then...
[Image: tumblr_nv1wr1aFQg1uwuqyao1_500.gif]

Should've left after my reply to the original post.
09-01-2017, 01:46 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-01-2017, 02:24 PM by fundamental design.)
Good luck, Itchy. I also didn't understand your OP over there so I didn't know what you were looking for. It's confusing.

(09-01-2017, 01:34 PM)The Count Wrote: Well what you call reasoning others call opinion or just a guess, would that mean your just doing the same that you accused itchy of? Your the one trying to build a case for there to be "vital hints" which I have seen no evidence of, when one is trying to build a case the use evidence. But there is evidence that shows only the poem is needed with no evidence that there is a "vital hint" in the poem, anyways if there is a "vital hint" in the poem would it be called a clue? Well here some evidence that the poem holds clues and the book holds hints, and the poem is all you need.

Actually the evidence I have that hints are vital are the same two quotes from f that I posted upthread and said you might like to reply to. Cause that's where f tells his best advice for serious searchers to find the treasure chest. If you don't want to follow his best advice or be considered a serious searcher, according to f, than you have that option to not follow his best advice. And I don't think anything beats that.

Pays to be a winner.
09-01-2017, 05:05 PM,
Fundy...I'll attempt to respond here to the 3 thoughts from your post #252...Hope this doesn't get too windy...
1.Answering the question - No, not exactly, but I don't see the necessity of a 2nd conformational hint either...Why?...It is only necessary to figure out what the clue(s) means and this entails properly interpreting(precisely) or deciphering what the words mean...f said they LOOK like simple words but he worked on that poem...Every word has place and purpose - "Don't mess with my poem"...This is what "follow precisely" means to me...Still have to understand definitions and synonyms, etc. though...

I can understand your reasoning and we now know from f exactly what the 1st clue IS...Understanding what it MEANS is nailing it down...I find no hint in TTOTC for this...He said in a Q&A there were no hints(clues?) in the stories to determine WWWH or hoB or the blaze, etc.(paraphrasing)...You may differ and that's fine by me, no 2 people in the chase will really interpret things in exactly the same way...I glean something from the 1st stanza that helps me determine what the 1st clue means...It's too lengthy an explanation to expound on here...

2. Answer - To determine what any clue might MEAN...Even to maybe determine what is or is not a clue...He told an interviewer that the 2nd stanza "sounds like" it may have 3 - 4 clues in it...I see 3...We know that line 5 is the 1st clue, public knowledge now...To me lines 6 & 7 make up the second clue...Line 8 is the 3rd clue, but that's by MY interpretation...No one can be certain if one line or 2 lines or 3 lines make a complete clue and no one will be certain of what the clues are(or what they MEAN) until the chest is found...So to me nearly everything is subjective until then. It all depends on properly deciphering the clues...

I agree that we must follow the clues precisely, but what are the clues really saying? If we are to follow his poem as a map to a treasure, then the clues must be points on that map or instructions to find the next point. How many points are there? Any number between 1 and 9. f has said basically that a little child from anywhere can't get closer than the 2nd clue. He didn't say that same child couldn't figure out the rest of the clues, but with the listed resources couldn't get closer. Therefore, I reason that the first 2 clues are on a map. Do the 2 clues work together to find 2 points or only one? I can't answer that with certainty, but to me they indicate one place in one state to go. This is based on MY interpretation of what the clues mean

The clues are in order, yes. The hints in the book are not arranged in any order. This is evident from the example I posted to you about "too far to walk" and where I got that hint and what it might indicate the words COULD mean. I found two sources using the exact same words in the same context. Do they confirm each other? Maybe, but interpretation of what is meant is still subjective. But it does play exactly into how I interpret line 6 of the poem as well. Interpreting what the words and clues mean is a continuing process through the poem and hints can help anywhere in doing so.

Line 5 is clue 1, our starting place and for me there is an understood (You) before the word "Begin...". That's just proper English. An understood pronoun as the subject of the sentence. The same reason in not starting every sentence with the word "I" this or that...(You) are performing an action at a particular place...
Line 6 is clue 2, but alone or with line 7? Two lines = one clue? For me, yes. The same understood (You) precedes the word "...take..." for the same reason as in line 5. After (You) begin in line 5, (Then you) "take"...The reason line 6 starts with "And..." is to indicate a second action taken...
Line 7 completes clue 2 in LIMITING those two actions. Not in a distance to travel but in HOW (you) perform those actions. Which brings me to:

3. The hint isn't telling me to go no further in the clue path. The hint helps me determine the limit of the 2nd clue. I used the words "stay where he is and not bother going", "won't take now, he just won't go", and "not going anywhere, but staying where they are"...It may mean little to you but here is exactly how I interpret line 7 of the poem..."Not far, but too far to walk." MEANS "It's only a few lines in the poem, but you aren't traveling anywhere yet." And, as I said, it ties directly to what line 6 means to me.

My reasoning indicates the little child from anywhere(actually any searcher) can get at least this close by thinking and analyzing and looking at maps while at home in their chair. No traveling is yet involved to decipher the locations and meanings of the first 2 clues and finding where to go on the map. Anyone can do this sitting at home or wherever you happen to be. All this changes however with what I believe clue 3 is and what it means. But maybe all of this just makes sense to me? I dunno, but I play with it.
09-01-2017, 08:40 PM,
fd I believe that you should prostrate yourself before the entire chase world and beg for forgiveness. You spent the last 4 years preaching to anyone who would listen that stanza 1 is the most important. Well we all now know what clue one is and any credibility you ever had is gone. Maybe ff told us what the first clue is because he was pissed you were leading so many people astray. Hate to say I told you so but I've been biting my tongue for too long now. Stanza one people............yikes.........sad.
09-01-2017, 09:03 PM,
(09-01-2017, 08:40 PM)Buddy Allen Wrote: fd I believe that you should prostrate yourself before the entire chase world and beg for forgiveness. You spent the last 4 years preaching to anyone who would listen that stanza 1 is the most important. Well we all now know what clue one is and any credibility you ever had is gone. Maybe ff told us what the first clue is because he was pissed you were leading so many people astray. Hate to say I told you so but I've been biting my tongue for too long now. Stanza one people............yikes.........sad.

The interview where Fenn said WWWH was the first clue came out in 2013...
Maybe none of us were listening good lol wonder why its stayed under the radar from the masses for so long?

down with the evil twin

09-01-2017, 09:05 PM,
right

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Path To Success Silentfly 75 50,118 07-14-2016, 10:20 PM
Last Post: Silentfly
  Success Box decall 6 5,088 10-08-2015, 10:51 AM
Last Post: Buddy Allen
  The Book contains so many hints & clues, its ridiculous OR Are Forrests hints common to every place hes been ? SantaFe 23 15,021 03-06-2014, 12:29 AM
Last Post: deb