Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 2.2 Average
THE HINTS- VITAL TO SUCCESS
09-01-2017, 10:11 PM,
RE: THE HINTS- VITAL TO SUCCESS
Here's your choices

1. Figure out wwwh, or

2. Play canasta
09-01-2017, 10:24 PM,
(09-01-2017, 10:11 PM)Buddy Allen Wrote: Here's your choices

1. Figure out wwwh, or

2. Play canasta

You are proving my point for me.

Pays to be a winner.
09-01-2017, 10:35 PM,
Sorry, the CY post is the perfect proof, this entire thread is verbose nonsense. You tried to get everyone to waste time on stanza one and now you are trying to do it on hints. Buyer beware.
09-01-2017, 11:19 PM,
(09-01-2017, 09:03 PM)The Count Wrote:
(09-01-2017, 08:40 PM)Buddy Allen Wrote: fd I believe that you should prostrate yourself before the entire chase world and beg for forgiveness. You spent the last 4 years preaching to anyone who would listen that stanza 1 is the most important. Well we all now know what clue one is and any credibility you ever had is gone. Maybe ff told us what the first clue is because he was pissed you were leading so many people astray. Hate to say I told you so but I've been biting my tongue for too long now. Stanza one people............yikes.........sad.

The interview where Fenn said WWWH was the first clue came out in 2013...
Maybe none of us were listening good lol wonder why its stayed under the radar from the masses for so long?

The Count...It could be that the radio broadcasts from NZ are not intended for and not normally listened to by folks in the US of A. I consider the fact that it was found after 4 years and made public a very fortunate stroke of luck indeed for those involved in the chase.

And as far as Buddy's comment to Fundy goes...I won't say the 1st stanza is the most important stanza in the poem, BUT...I will state with a very high degree of certainty that if one does not figure out from the get-go what is in stanza 1 and what it means, you WILL NOT find the meaning of the 1st clue nor understand what you are being told to do...That's because "...it..." is not your 'search', nor your 'quest', nor your 'journey'...

Stanza 1 does contain vital information in that respect, so Fundy isn't entirely wrong about hints nor does he need forgiveness for expounding his views or ideas on CC...That would apply to every Tom, Dick, or Harry that has ever posted here, even the nut cases...Except for blatant vulgarity of course...

Whether anyone believes me or not is irrelevant, it simply means our paths will never cross in the field.
09-02-2017, 07:02 AM,
^ Spoken like a true gentleman and a scholar.

Pays to be a winner.
09-02-2017, 08:11 AM,
THE HINTS- VITAL TO SUCCESS
Here's my current thoughts on hints.

I believe the clues are "kennings."

Those are the phrases where you have "and" between two phrases without commas.

"Heavy loads and water high" = Washington.

Subtle hints in the book(s), scrapbooks, etc would be the Washington painting, the frequent mentions of laundry and how much wet laundry weighs.

In TFTW, he said something in a caption like "when I was young, the heavy laundry wasn't a problem, but it would kill me now."

There are a few places he mentions loads of laundry.

You could also make a case for Queen's Laundry geyser being heavy loads and water high.

But kennings is, in my opinion, the way to decipher the clues in the poem. Smile

And the hints in the book help you with the kennings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mindy's YouTube Channel and blog:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMAnEYj...UN1I6me_0g

http://www.myeverwonderland.blogspot.com
09-02-2017, 10:13 AM,
If anyone is interested in a little different viewpoint from all that has been discussed on this thread, here it is, like it or not:

I think the reason Fenn gave hints was twofold, just as Fenn's overall reason for hiding the chest was twofold:

He hid the chest foremost, I think, to demonstrate his adeptness at using words (called clues) in a clever way, to lead us along a "correct" path while at the same time being deceptive in leading us along multiple "uncorrect" paths. His secondary reason, as he states, was to get us and our families out into the great outdoors.

Fenn's main reason for giving hints was, again, to demonstrate his adeptness at using words in a clever way by describing the search area through the imagined images he sees on the ground through made up stories or simple descriptive, but deceptive, statements. I think the location of the chest was chosen not because it was emotionally "special" to Fenn but because it had so many images that he could use for his poem and the hints.

His secondary reason for giving hints was to confirm to successful poem solvers that they were searching the correct area and to continue on. He knew that a complete solve would be very difficult so he gave hints to keep us going.

So, we should concentrate first on solving the clues in the poem. But as we do so, we need to be familiar with his words and stories in TTOTC, scrapbooks, interviews, etc. and be able to recognize where they might apply along our search route. But I think that 90% of his hints apply to the final search area of less than a square mile where the last 4 clues are located.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Stanza 1 is important but you don't need to use it at all until you get to stanza 5, then it is essential.
These are all just my ideas. I hope no one uses them.
09-02-2017, 11:09 AM,
Awesome thoughts, trigrace.

Pays to be a winner.
09-02-2017, 06:23 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-02-2017, 06:28 PM by fundamental design.)
(08-31-2017, 12:48 PM)N. Means Wrote:
(08-31-2017, 11:59 AM)N. Means Wrote: Mr. Fundamental, no it is not subjective to know that indeed Mr. Redford was involved in writing "The Outlaw Trail" however, it may be subjective to then believe that that knowledge is somehow key in solving a clue e.g. WWWH.

This is why I feel it is vital to remove all subjectivity by focusing purely on the poem.

It, I must assume refers to your mention of the Redford aberration in "Important Literature" Therefore I once again must say that this assumption of yours, that this aberration must then point to Browns Hole, is very subjective , not that it is wrong, but it is solely based upon an assumption, by you, that it is in fact a subtle hint to the "where" that warm waters halt derives from or in.

Gotcha, Sean! Lol
Take another mystery in ttotc...in the First Grade chapter. John Charles whatever's name pops up. To all the searchers out there, do you believe that name is referring to someone that one can absolutely pin down to be who f is referring to? Or is that subjective?

A reminder, it has already been confirmed by Sean that it is not subjective that Robert Redford has written a book and the title given was The Outlaw Trail.

Pays to be a winner.
09-03-2017, 12:00 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-03-2017, 12:02 PM by fundamental design.)
Wanted to relay that this thread has everything to do with figuring out the correct wwwh. I'm believing that one won't be able to pick the correct wwwh by studying the different types of water features across the Rockies. For example, I feel information about state classifications about warm water or focusing on varying hot springs aren't part of the actual riddle that needs to be discovered and figured out. The riddle comes before the wwwh line in the poem.

Pays to be a winner.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Path To Success Silentfly 75 44,356 07-14-2016, 10:20 PM
Last Post: Silentfly
  Success Box decall 6 4,469 10-08-2015, 10:51 AM
Last Post: Buddy Allen
  The Book contains so many hints & clues, its ridiculous OR Are Forrests hints common to every place hes been ? SantaFe 23 13,725 03-06-2014, 12:29 AM
Last Post: deb