Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 2.2 Average
THE HINTS- VITAL TO SUCCESS
04-12-2019, 09:13 AM,
RE: THE HINTS- VITAL TO SUCCESS
Yup, a hinge. It's HOW he went alone in there, in the first stanza. On a sort of a hinge.
These are all just my ideas. I hope no one uses them.
04-12-2019, 09:14 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-12-2019, 11:23 AM by fundamental design.)
mdavis19
1 day ago #234

There is this certain idiot on another forum who is claiming I think Fenn is a bad puzzle maker and was too stupid to figure out how to include confirmations along the way to the solution. No, that is not a correct characterization of what I think. Not surprising really, since I have never known Fundy to be correct about anything. The fact that Fenn's treasure remains undiscovered after all this time AND people are still actively looking for it proves that he is a very good puzzle maker. As for the all too obvious lack of confirmations, I'm sure that was entirely by design to enhance the difficulty of the puzzle, and not due to any lack of intelligence on Fenn's part. And I for one have no problem with that concept. Bravo Fenn, for making a truly difficult and challenging puzzle. Poor Fundy just refuses to grasp the true difficulty of the challenge he finds himself immersed in. He has to hunt for supposed hints as crutches, and mire himself in truckloads of confirmation bias to make himself feel like he is a real contender in the chase. Myself, I have no problem staring into a hintless, confirmationless, crutchless, abyss of the chase and saying "Challenge accepted," to Fenn.
mdavis19

Hey, I’ve never waivered from this being a very difficult hunt to solve. Whatever gives you the thought that I’ve ever thought otherwise? Didn’t I just say in my post, that you replied to, this: “they (Mdavis and seannm) won’t ever change their stance before the tc is found, if that ever happens.”
Sounds to me like I understand that f created a most difficult hunt...nice try. Guess I am correct about some stuff and I got proof I’m correct. Challenged accepted.

So you believe a lack of confirmation in this hunt means absolutely no confirmation. I feel that the hints will provide some confirmation somehow and the clues don’t. Both theories rest on that being a difficult challenge so spare us the inaccurate flare you try to spin my theory with.

What you always don’t mention about your theory is that you have like 100 times the amount of rabbit holes and confirmation bias to weed through with your approach. You’ve never figured that out but it’s true. Just because my approach involves 20,000, or so, more words that doesn’t mean it involves more rabbit holes and confirmation bias than your approach. That’s because you have absolutely no confirmation to go on with just the clues. So every thought and every lead is a rabbit hole. Everyplace is a rabbit hole. Since f points to his book hints being the mechanism that can help the clues I wouldn’t call the hints crutches like there’s some negative connotation to them (negative spin...cue Dal on video, lol). Especially since the clues don’t provide confirmation. Therefore, relying on the non conformational clues can also be considered a crutch but I think that’s just a dumb word to use cause that’s how you unsuccessfully try to spin things all the time to your own detriment.

Show us one major hunt that reached a successful find (no foul play or inside information) that solely used confirmation bias in it to point the finder to the find. That’s not how proper puzzles are made. I can than show you all of the other successful hunts that properly use some form of confirmation that not many pick up on quick enough.

Pays to be a winner.
04-12-2019, 01:33 PM,
A word that is key will provide absolute confirmation.
That word is in the poem.
That word is not a clue, in that clues are points that provide directional changes, but a clear hint.
So I think you are both sorta correct.
04-12-2019, 01:47 PM, (This post was last modified: 04-12-2019, 01:49 PM by fundamental design.)
(04-12-2019, 01:33 PM)emmett Wrote: A word that is key will provide absolute confirmation.
That word is in the poem.
That word is not a clue, in that clues are points that provide directional changes, but a clear hint.
So I think you are both sorta correct.

Good point on a word that is key concept. If that word is a hint like you say then that would mean I’m correct and not the “hintless” guy.

Also, who do you think came up with a word that is key concept. The poem purist “hintless” guy or the hint guy? It was the hint guy...as far as proof has been shown.

Pays to be a winner.
04-13-2019, 06:57 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-13-2019, 07:01 AM by fundamental design.)
DrCoffee
6:06 AM - Today #259

Leon Kowalski wrote:

Forrest has essentially said that there are no conformations when he admitted that we wont know that we have things right until we find the treasure.
———————-
I recall Fenn saying we won't know we have solved THE FIRST CLUE until the treasure is found. Where did he say we won't know we have things right until we find the treasure?
———————

I like that someone caught this. Doesn’t help if one is going off of incorrect material.

Pays to be a winner.
04-13-2019, 08:34 AM,
(04-13-2019, 06:57 AM)fundamental design Wrote: DrCoffee

Leon Kowalski wrote:

Forrest has essentially said that there are no conformations when he admitted that we wont know that we have things right until we find the treasure.
———————-
I recall Fenn saying we won't know we have solved THE FIRST CLUE until the treasure is found. Where did he say we won't know we have things right until we find the treasure?
———————

I like that someone caught this. Doesn’t help if one is going off of incorrect material.
So the end tells the brining.

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk
04-13-2019, 09:17 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-13-2019, 09:20 AM by fundamental design.)
(04-13-2019, 08:34 AM)mikemarcum03 Wrote:
(04-13-2019, 06:57 AM)fundamental design Wrote: DrCoffee

Leon Kowalski wrote:

———————-
———————

So the end tells the brining.

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk

I like the beginning tells the ending and the ending tells the beginning.

I think Chris Yates has done the best job of explaining recently the reasoning, or logic, behind this magnitude of puzzle. I agree with most of what Chris spelled out. There’s one tiny, but prbly crucial, detail I tend to have a different view on. That could prbly be ascertained from my many postings but it’s not needed to be brought up here.

I also appreciate the multiple views on whether the Chase is a puzzle or a riddle. I think it can be considered both, or utilize some of the mechanisms of both, so I don’t get too hung up on it being one or the other.

I’d say it isn’t true that f doesn’t do puzzles. He had a video sent out with him showing someone a puzzle lock he owns to see if they could figure out how to open it. When f showed how to open it, I don’t think confirmation bias was the key to opening it.

Pays to be a winner.
04-14-2019, 08:07 AM,
Well, Yates made a later comment that focused on the point that I have a different view about, so might as well dig into it....

fakechrisyates
1 day ago #274

Leon Kowalski wrote:
It is difficult for me to believe that a person will be certain they have the blaze correct but can't be sure if they have WWWH correct.

Chris Yates wrote:
yes i agree, it is difficult to believe

it is difficult to believe because if the poem is solvable then it can't possibly be true

which it makes it easy to come up with the correct interpretation of f's answer you provided the link to

—————————————————-

I just think that Yates’ statement of “it is difficult to believe because if the poem is solvable then it can't possibly be true” is not true.

I’m not sure which part of Leon’s statement Yates thinks is not true. Is it the part about the finder being certain they have the blaze correct before finding the tc or the part about they can’t be sure they have wwwh correct? Or both?

I think the finder will be certain they have the blaze correct before finding the tc. That’s my main point. I think how the mechanisms of the Chase and poem were architected allow for that.

Pays to be a winner.
04-14-2019, 10:56 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-14-2019, 10:57 AM by fundamental design.)
seannm
28 min. ago #285

All,

I have discussed this before and it may be a good time to rehash it once again.

Recall Forrest had said, and I paraphrase from memory: “if a searcher was to read the poem over and over and was able to decipher the first few clues, they could find the treasure. I may not be easy but it certainly isn’t impossible. I could walk right straight to it”

So whether you believe, as I do , that the nine clues are the the nine sentences or they are just singular lines in the poem, the blaze may not be included in those first few clues. So finding the blaze may not be as crucial to finding the treasure as we all think, but if you don’t know WHERE the blaze is it really doesn’t matter.
———————————-

Yes, the blaze may not be included in those first few clues.

To me, that doesn’t mean finding the blaze is not crucial to finding the tc. Just tells me that something is prbly wrong with the structure of the poem/Chase in one’s mind.

Pays to be a winner.
04-14-2019, 02:08 PM,
I don't think he said "I could walk right straight to it." but "I could go right straight to it." Not much point except I am a stickler for accuracy, and of course you qualified the quote by saying you were paraphrasing. There may be a "I could walk right" quote but I don't recall it. My real point here is that he says goes right not left to get to the chest. Presumably it is right in the middle. All the people went "right past" it and not left past it, but they passed it one way or the other. I'm not clear as to whether the chest was on their left or right when they passed it.

Another belief of mine is that there are switch backs involved. I'm not clear as to whether he is saying don't take them or not. I know what he said at Moby Dickens but that was a bizarrely phrased question. The lady said something like: "will you find yourself switching back on yourself." That is paraphrased from memory and might be off a bit but it was phrased so poorly that it was meaningless. What does it even mean to "find yourself switching back." Like if you're walking along the trail will you find another copy of yourself "switching back"? Or will you somehow "find yourself" as in "discovering your true nature" or whatever it is that people mean when they talk about "finding" themselves. Forrest answered negatively but the question was phrased so poorly that he could answer any way he liked. When I thumb through TFTW I see only a few things that stand out, one of which is the "international not sign" through the small switch. I think at the very least that means don't take the smaller switchback. It might mean the bigger switchback is OK to take or maybe it means don't take any switchback. Another thing in TFTW that sticks out to me is the Underwood typewriter. There are a few more things in there that I think don't need mentioning.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Path To Success Silentfly 75 41,893 07-14-2016, 10:20 PM
Last Post: Silentfly
  Success Box decall 6 4,213 10-08-2015, 10:51 AM
Last Post: Buddy Allen
  The Book contains so many hints & clues, its ridiculous OR Are Forrests hints common to every place hes been ? SantaFe 23 13,084 03-06-2014, 12:29 AM
Last Post: deb