Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If you don't think words are important....
06-25-2016, 09:21 AM,
RE: If you don't think words are important....
(06-25-2016, 09:03 AM)Mindy Wrote:
(06-25-2016, 08:59 AM)Bet Wrote:
(06-25-2016, 08:53 AM)JamLady Wrote: I actually found that punctuation has its own meanings. Like, the commas can signify turns (which is true in my solution) and the semicolon represents crossing a border of some kind (this was not my theory, this was someone else's, but it absolutely applies to my solution).

I think the punctuation is every bit as important as the words, and has just as many potential meanings. Be careful about taking ANYTHING at face value in the poem.

But, I think I see what you are getting at. Forrest likes to use words in ways that confuse people.

Jamlady.....Mindy got the punctuation ideas and what they mean from Fenn himself.....of course we will never know if she is telling us the truth about what he said. Hey, Mindy why don't you post that email....so we can level the playing field.

I thought I already did a long time ago?

Anyway, I had the same idea about the punctuation meanings. Like the exclamation point might've been the blaze, as it originated as a "lightning bolt going from right to left" (or left to right, I can't remember).

I'll dig up email and post again.
Thanks, Mindy
06-25-2016, 09:31 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-25-2016, 09:32 AM by Mindy.)
(06-25-2016, 09:21 AM)Bet Wrote:
(06-25-2016, 08:53 AM)JamLady Wrote: I actually found that punctuation has its own meanings. Like, the commas can signify turns (which is true in my solution) and the semicolon represents crossing a border of some kind (this was not my theory, this was someone else's, but it absolutely applies to my solution).

I think the punctuation is every bit as important as the words, and has just as many potential meanings. Be careful about taking ANYTHING at face value in the poem.

But, I think I see what you are getting at. Forrest likes to use words in ways that confuse people.

Jamlady.....Mindy got the punctuation ideas and what they mean from Fenn himself.....of course we will never know if she is telling us the truth about what he said. Hey, Mindy why don't you post that email....so we can level the playing field.

Anyway, I had the same idea about the punctuation meanings. Like the exclamation point might've been the blaze, as it originated as a "lightning bolt going from right to left" (or left to right, I can't remember).

Thanks, Mindy

Here's one. In its context, I was a little perturbed that he seemed to be encouraging people to abandon responsibilities like work and providing for your family to search for the treasure. Also, notices he doesn't say "good" map, but "right" map. I think I have another one where he mentions other punctuation, so I'll try to find that, too. Although, I'm not sure he ruled out the semicolon, so maybe that is still important...

Mindy,
I would never encourage you to “screw responsibility,” as you say. I have encouraged everyone to get out in the mountains, but you should always think of your family first. Please don’t become obsessed with the search like some others. I have always said the poem will lead you to the treasure if you have the right map and know where to start. It is straight forward so there is no need to over-think it or look for commas and misspellings as clues. It was not written with the idea of fooling anyone. f
Mindy's YouTube Channel and blog:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMAnEYj...UN1I6me_0g

http://www.myeverwonderland.blogspot.com
06-25-2016, 09:37 AM,
Perhaps the spelling of "knowlege" on the bell is a way of hiding and pointing out an anagram of those letters - "Weeklong."

Perhaps it has something to do with the number 7 - as in days in a week.

Didn't Forrest say something about finding the first 2 clues and walking past the other 7?

Perhaps 7 has something to do with Too Far To Walk.

Just some random thoughts.
06-25-2016, 09:43 AM,
Bingo!

Word puzzles. Word play. Plays on words. The punctuation marks can change everything.

Research into Mr. Fenn's life can be helpful, but I think you're hitting on the core puzzle itself now.

The reason nobody, myself included, has found the chest is because we don't have and understand the DIRECTIONS. I think they're discovered in exactly what you're describing. I'll try to elaborate more in that other thread to keep from derailing this one.

Thanks, and proceed, please.

Doc
06-25-2016, 10:33 AM,
(06-24-2016, 05:26 PM)Mindy Wrote: I think he buried the bells near college or school campuses. That would give a certain profundity of the phrase, and the way he thinks about school, it'd be the perfect statement to bury them nearby...

cease the teaching, s'il vous plait

hah haha hah just kidding

i have no idea where you got this thought from. like it came out of nowhere and probably would have disappeared into oblivion, except now im bringing attention to it one last time

one ... last ... time

out of curiosity Mindy, have you been looking around any hedges lately??
06-25-2016, 10:59 AM,
(06-25-2016, 09:31 AM)Mindy Wrote:
(06-25-2016, 09:21 AM)Bet Wrote:

Thanks, Mindy

Here's one. In its context, I was a little perturbed that he seemed to be encouraging people to abandon responsibilities like work and providing for your family to search for the treasure. Also, notices he doesn't say "good" map, but "right" map. I think I have another one where he mentions other punctuation, so I'll try to find that, too. Although, I'm not sure he ruled out the semicolon, so maybe that is still important...

Mindy,
I would never encourage you to “screw responsibility,” as you say. I have encouraged everyone to get out in the mountains, but you should always think of your family first. Please don’t become obsessed with the search like some others. I have always said the poem will lead you to the treasure if you have the right map and know where to start. It is straight forward so there is no need to over-think it or look for commas and misspellings as clues. It was not written with the idea of fooling anyone. f
Hey, was that an email response to you personally?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
Ω  200 ft. Club  Ω
06-25-2016, 11:07 AM,
@Chris...hedges? No, why?

@Decall...yes.

06-26-2016, 06:10 PM,
Another thing that might be helpful is to keep in mind "Hear me all and listen good."

Where warm waters halt could be a place like BOYLE (boil) lake. A word that wouldn't normally be associated with warm waters halting that sounds exactly like another word that does mean warm waters halting.

06-26-2016, 06:54 PM,
Mindy, I'm not being critical, but how can you be convinced of NM if you're not sure about wwh? That's the vibe I'm getting.

Ω  200 ft. Club  Ω
06-26-2016, 07:01 PM,
If you don't think words are important....
(06-26-2016, 06:54 PM)decall Wrote: Mindy, I'm not being critical, but how can you be convinced of NM if you're not sure about wwh? That's the vibe I'm getting.

Decall, I didn't say I wasn't sure about WWWH. I'm not convinced it's the first clue, though. I'm just giving examples of different ways to think about the poem and also examples of some wordplay F may or may not have used...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Most Important Words From Forrest: 5GIRLS 29 17,911 03-16-2017, 09:36 PM
Last Post: Timraywa