Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 2.2 Average
THE HINTS- VITAL TO SUCCESS
08-29-2017, 05:07 PM,
RE: THE HINTS- VITAL TO SUCCESS
(08-29-2017, 04:55 PM)jdigginsz Wrote:
(08-29-2017, 03:50 PM)Itchy Ideas Wrote:
(08-29-2017, 03:42 PM)jdigginsz Wrote: Pg 128
And then I got cancer...

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

??
After a one hour operation turned into five...
Well, that sometimes happens in the wilderness... :-)

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

im gonna be straight up, there is a connection with fenns wal mart scrapbooks and kidney cancer and what his dad had, pancreatic cancer,now its not that hard to connect
******************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
08-29-2017, 05:43 PM,
(08-29-2017, 05:39 PM)njfl Wrote: @Kpro

https://www.oldsantafetradingco.com/collection/beads
Fenn's book about San Lazaro has gorgeous pictures of his beads and he didn't step in any ant hills. lol
very nice find there Mr. njfl, you must be one of those top dog researchers.
08-29-2017, 05:51 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-29-2017, 05:55 PM by fundamental design.)
(08-29-2017, 05:07 PM)Kpro Wrote:
(08-29-2017, 07:39 AM)fundamental design Wrote:
(08-28-2017, 09:47 PM)LuckyLove Wrote:
(08-28-2017, 07:31 PM)fundamental design Wrote:
(08-28-2017, 06:38 PM)LuckyLove Wrote: Is this confirmed by Fenn? Or is it personal/popular opinion? Not saying there are or aren't hints for wwwh just wondering what you're basing this on. Usually people cite at least one unarguably factual source that supports their claim. Without anything that's 100% concrete to support the claim it's nothing more than an opinion. Basing the belief that there's a hint to wwwh in the book or elsewhere based on a personal/popular interpretation of statements or based on personal/popular thought that leads one to interpret wwwh any certain way due to perceived but unconfirmed hint(s) is confirmation bias.

The closest he's come to addressing this, as far as I'm aware, was posted earlier by The Count. But, Fenn'ss answer doesn't confirm that there's a hint to wwwh anywhere in the book. Just that there's hints in the book.

I'd like to know what, exactly, you're basing the above quoted statement on? If it's based on fact that's great and it would be greatly appreciated if you shared the fact(s).

Just basing it on logic. We have to take into account what f tells us what a clue does for a searcher and what a hint does for us. They are different. A clue gets one closer to the tc. A hint helps with the clues. I paraphrased that as I don't readily know where f's quote of those descriptions are.

And then we recently had f's lost words on what the first clue is...wwwh. Lastly, the clues are consecutive. Use logic and you see what I said. A hint in ttotc can't get you closer to the tc than the first clue (wwwh). ***If a hint did get one closer, then by f's definition it can't be a hint...it's a clue***. Same thing if there's a hint in the poem like the first stanza. The first stanza literally has the word "hint" in it. "Begin" in the second stanza has been proven by f to mean begin.

In short, if we know where the first clue is and the clues are consecutive then any hint can't help after clue 1. Hints have to help before then.

Then you should quit now. Where in the OP did I say anything about confirming any hint?

I see what you're saying but it's based on "reasoning" that leads to the following false conclusion:

Premises:
A.) A clue gets one closer to the treasure
B.) A hint helps solve the clues
C.) The first clue is wwwh
D.) The clues are consecutive

Conclusion: a hint can't get you closer to the treasure than the first clue. (Therefore, all hints lead to wwwh?)

That's a false conclusion who's only purpose is to serve a personal (biased) viewpoint. There's no logical way to deduce from the provided premises your conclusion. Let's use the following statement and logic prove your reasoning, on this particular quote, to be faulty:

Forrest Fenn: An Interview
By Holly Johnson - July 8, 2013
https://clubthrifty.com/forrest-fenn-an-interview

Holly: What tips do you have for those wanting to find the treasure?

Forrest: Here is what I would do. Read my book in a normal manner. Then read the poem over and over and over, slowly – thinking. Then read my book again, this time looking for subtle hints that will help solve the clues.

and

Forrest Fenn at Moby Dickens Book Shop | Taos, NM | 11.02.2013
By A Gypsy's Kiss - June 1, 2017
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8RzrIu3h...k&index=10

@34:41
There are nine clues in the poem but if you read the book, uh, there are a couple. There are a couple of good hints, and then there are a couple of aberrations that live out on the edge.

Premises:
A.) There's at least four hints
B.) There's nine clues
C.) Hints will help solve the clues <----plural

Conclusion: More than one clue has a hint associated with it that could help solve it. Therefore hints extend beyond the first clue. Therefore with a total of nine clues and a couple hints plus a couple more hints the first clue "could be" one of the clues that are hinted at. (Doesn't insinuate that the first clue has to be hinted at)

Anyways, was just trying to see if your original quoted post was based on opinion or if you knew something I didn't. I see now that it was opinion. Was hoping you had a quote I never saw/heard.

I don't agree with how you boiled everything down to it having to be multiple clues that hints help with just because f said clues plural. My claim still stands. If all the hints help solve the correct wwwh then they can still be considered to help with the clues. That's because they got you on the correct clue path. Simple!

And while we're at it can you show us how a hint can help a later clue. I mean, no one yet has been able to show or tell specifically how that would work. You can describe one that you think isn't even a real hint. I'm just trying to understand the mindset of what it means for a hint to help a clue later on in the poem. Can anybody do this..:.

Cause I've already written about my hints numerous times. Some in this thread have seen and responded to my posts about that. So, the one asking me to show mine and saying I'm doing a short cut cause I can't solve the clues in the poem ought to do better research.

(08-28-2017, 10:27 PM)Kpro Wrote: In general incredible solves by leading searchers have been stopped by mere ants, so let's just say anything is possible, right? Absolutes are useless , imo.

Kpro

Email: kpro3@aol.com

You must have missed the incredible collection of beads and such from "ANT HILLS" that are in f's collection at his home. I got a great picture of that if you want to see. I think you painted yourself into another corner. You still got it wrong, it wasn't part of our solve. Lol

Thanks for offering to share the pictures but I will decline. My inbox is already full with some emails already sent recently that are much more interesting regarding all of that. since it does not shed a good light on those searchers, I will decline getting more worthless (except for drama) Info on this subject. Again, thanks though, good luck in your search.

Kpro

Well, you did bring up the subject. Good luck to you.

Fenn's book about San Lazaro has gorgeous pictures of his beads and he didn't step in any ant hills. lol

Yep, now can you work them into a solve? Thanks for providing pics of treasures that aren't in the tc like I told you earlier.

Howdy, Mister.
08-29-2017, 06:17 PM,
(08-29-2017, 06:05 PM)njfl Wrote:
(08-29-2017, 05:51 PM)fundamental design Wrote:
(08-29-2017, 05:07 PM)Kpro Wrote:
(08-29-2017, 07:39 AM)fundamental design Wrote:
(08-28-2017, 09:47 PM)LuckyLove Wrote: I see what you're saying but it's based on "reasoning" that leads to the following false conclusion:

Premises:
A.) A clue gets one closer to the treasure
B.) A hint helps solve the clues
C.) The first clue is wwwh
D.) The clues are consecutive

Conclusion: a hint can't get you closer to the treasure than the first clue. (Therefore, all hints lead to wwwh?)

That's a false conclusion who's only purpose is to serve a personal (biased) viewpoint. There's no logical way to deduce from the provided premises your conclusion. Let's use the following statement and logic prove your reasoning, on this particular quote, to be faulty:

Forrest Fenn: An Interview
By Holly Johnson - July 8, 2013
https://clubthrifty.com/forrest-fenn-an-interview

Holly: What tips do you have for those wanting to find the treasure?

Forrest: Here is what I would do. Read my book in a normal manner. Then read the poem over and over and over, slowly – thinking. Then read my book again, this time looking for subtle hints that will help solve the clues.

and

Forrest Fenn at Moby Dickens Book Shop | Taos, NM | 11.02.2013
By A Gypsy's Kiss - June 1, 2017
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8RzrIu3h...k&index=10

@34:41
There are nine clues in the poem but if you read the book, uh, there are a couple. There are a couple of good hints, and then there are a couple of aberrations that live out on the edge.

Premises:
A.) There's at least four hints
B.) There's nine clues
C.) Hints will help solve the clues <----plural

Conclusion: More than one clue has a hint associated with it that could help solve it. Therefore hints extend beyond the first clue. Therefore with a total of nine clues and a couple hints plus a couple more hints the first clue "could be" one of the clues that are hinted at. (Doesn't insinuate that the first clue has to be hinted at)

Anyways, was just trying to see if your original quoted post was based on opinion or if you knew something I didn't. I see now that it was opinion. Was hoping you had a quote I never saw/heard.

I don't agree with how you boiled everything down to it having to be multiple clues that hints help with just because f said clues plural. My claim still stands. If all the hints help solve the correct wwwh then they can still be considered to help with the clues. That's because they got you on the correct clue path. Simple!

And while we're at it can you show us how a hint can help a later clue. I mean, no one yet has been able to show or tell specifically how that would work. You can describe one that you think isn't even a real hint. I'm just trying to understand the mindset of what it means for a hint to help a clue later on in the poem. Can anybody do this..:.

Cause I've already written about my hints numerous times. Some in this thread have seen and responded to my posts about that. So, the one asking me to show mine and saying I'm doing a short cut cause I can't solve the clues in the poem ought to do better research.

(08-28-2017, 10:27 PM)Kpro Wrote: In general incredible solves by leading searchers have been stopped by mere ants, so let's just say anything is possible, right? Absolutes are useless , imo.

Kpro

You must have missed the incredible collection of beads and such from "ANT HILLS" that are in f's collection at his home. I got a great picture of that if you want to see. I think you painted yourself into another corner. You still got it wrong, it wasn't part of our solve. Lol

Thanks for offering to share the pictures but I will decline. My inbox is already full with some emails already sent recently that are much more interesting regarding all of that. since it does not shed a good light on those searchers, I will decline getting more worthless (except for drama) Info on this subject. Again, thanks though, good luck in your search.

Kpro

Yep, now can you work them into a solve? Thanks for providing pics of treasures that aren't in the tc like I told you earlier.

And why would I want to do that if they're not part of your solve as you stated above? And your welcome btw.

This is why you should get the facts before you comment elsewhere about things you don't know about. Not much about what kpro insinuated is correct. The location we were at was not a place where we were searching just enjoying some exploring.
That doesn't mean that ants bringing back all kinds of little things back to their anthill isn't an intriguing phenomenon that has happened throughout the history of the Rocky Mountains and might have a connection to a hint.

Howdy, Mister.
08-29-2017, 06:56 PM,

No, he dug into those ant hills using a specific mathematical formula.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mindy's blogs:

http://www.fennhotspot.com
http://www.myeverwonderland.blogspot.com
08-29-2017, 07:00 PM,
(08-29-2017, 06:29 PM)njfl Wrote:
(08-29-2017, 06:17 PM)fundamental design Wrote:
(08-29-2017, 06:05 PM)njfl Wrote:
(08-29-2017, 05:51 PM)fundamental design Wrote:
(08-29-2017, 05:07 PM)Kpro Wrote: Thanks for offering to share the pictures but I will decline. My inbox is already full with some emails already sent recently that are much more interesting regarding all of that. since it does not shed a good light on those searchers, I will decline getting more worthless (except for drama) Info on this subject. Again, thanks though, good luck in your search.

Kpro

And why would I want to do that if they're not part of your solve as you stated above? And your welcome btw.

This is why you should get the facts before you comment elsewhere about things you don't know about. Not much about what kpro insinuated is correct. The location we were at was not a place where we were searching just enjoying some exploring.
That doesn't mean that ants bringing back all kinds of little things back to their anthill isn't an intriguing phenomenon that has happened throughout the history of the Rocky Mountains and might have a connection to a hint.

I'm not doing your homework for you, sorry. Find your own hints and solves.

Ummm...that's not what this is about. You guys look ridiculous when you say that. Lol

Howdy, Mister.
08-29-2017, 07:07 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-29-2017, 07:10 PM by N. Means.)
(08-29-2017, 06:56 PM)Mindy Wrote:

No, he dug into those ant hills using a specific mathematical formula.

So Forrest knew exactly where those pieces were because he "did the math"? Might I ask if Forrest himself told you that? Using the specific mathematical formula I mean, if you know what I mean.
08-29-2017, 07:21 PM,

Kpro

This was your comment, kpro. It's easy to understand who you were talking about cause you've posted about ants and us about 15 times before. I don't understand what you think it achieves. And what's wrong with searchers that write books about there Chase happenings?

Howdy, Mister.
08-29-2017, 07:28 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-29-2017, 07:34 PM by Mindy.)
(08-29-2017, 07:01 PM)Kpro Wrote: My statement did not contain any searcher by name. My comments related to over confident searchers and how they speak in absolutes.

It is absolutely here, this is how to I interpret this clue. Some even have books on how to find ffs tc. Really?

My point is that several searchers state their perspective on how to get the tc as fact and their confidence is mind boggling. What credibility does anyone have except Ff?

One would think over time after eating humble pie that the condescending attitude would lessen. Yes, is the ant incident legendary, absolutely, but here are plenty of examples.

All imo.

Kpro

Stuff happens.
My point is that every time you do this, you're taking a dig at me. Putting the ant analogy (which was clearly a reference to me), in with other words you used, were wrong. "Some" people didn't write Fundy's post. Fundy and I have completely different ways of approaching solves and we work on our own. Our brains think differently, so we both have different ideas about how it's solve.

Just because we're together doesn't mean we're chase clones. Lol.

Lighten up. I'm not sure what FD's intent was with the OP, but I know it wasn't malicious, and his intent wasn't to create drama, even though that's what happened.

And my thread was not meant to create drama. My intent was to share some thing from ttotc that have recently caught up in my head.

(08-29-2017, 07:26 PM)njfl Wrote:
(08-29-2017, 07:21 PM)fundamental design Wrote:

Kpro

This was your comment, kpro. It's easy to understand who you were talking about cause you've posted about ants and us about 15 times before. I don't understand what you think it achieves. And what's wrong with searchers that write books about there Chase happenings?

I don't see a specific name mentioned. It looks and reads to me like a general and generic statement.

I have the screenshots of when the ant episode went down. Kpro was referencing me. She references james point blank as one searcher when she said the thread was created by one of "some" searchers who want to create drama.

If FD is one of the "some," and I was the one bitten by ants, there's not much wiggle room to back out of it. I can post the screenshots if you'd like. Smile

Mindy's blogs:

http://www.fennhotspot.com
http://www.myeverwonderland.blogspot.com
08-29-2017, 07:33 PM,
(08-29-2017, 07:21 PM)fundamental design Wrote:

Kpro

Ok I'm a bit confused, if you guys were stopped by mere ants then who are the "leading searchers" allude to by Kpro, who were also halted by ants? Can someone please shed some light on this for me, cause I just can't keep up.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Path To Success Silentfly 75 41,055 07-14-2016, 10:20 PM
Last Post: Silentfly
  Success Box decall 6 4,140 10-08-2015, 10:51 AM
Last Post: Buddy Allen
  The Book contains so many hints & clues, its ridiculous OR Are Forrests hints common to every place hes been ? SantaFe 23 12,947 03-06-2014, 12:29 AM
Last Post: deb