Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 2.2 Average
THE HINTS- VITAL TO SUCCESS
08-30-2017, 07:47 PM,
THE HINTS- VITAL TO SUCCESS
(08-30-2017, 07:37 PM)Kpro Wrote: Disclaimer, I have been told I am stupid so this comes from the stupid one. I do think Ff is talking about the clues being contiguous.

But now that I know who I am agreeing with, I really am stupid so will need to rethink my opinion. Smile

Kpro

Email: kpro3@aol.com

I didn't say YOU were stupid, kpro.
Just some of the stuff that comes off your fingertips as you type.

We've all been guilty of typing stupid stuff. I'm trying to do it less often. Smile

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mindy's YouTube Channel and blog:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMAnEYj...UN1I6me_0g

http://www.myeverwonderland.blogspot.com
08-30-2017, 07:55 PM,
RE: THE HINTS- VITAL TO SUCCESS
(08-30-2017, 07:47 PM)Mindy Wrote:
(08-30-2017, 07:37 PM)Kpro Wrote: Disclaimer, I have been told I am stupid so this comes from the stupid one. I do think Ff is talking about the clues being contiguous.

But now that I know who I am agreeing with, I really am stupid so will need to rethink my opinion. Smile

Kpro

We've all been guilty of typing stupid stuff. I'm trying to do it less often. Smile

Why did you think Kpro was talking about you? I was thinking she meant FD.

I don't think Fenn ever answered the question. We are suppose to figure it out. Personally, I believe the clues are in order (because he put them in order). That order doesn't mean 12345, but we have to figure that out on our own
08-30-2017, 08:29 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-30-2017, 08:29 PM by fundamental design.)
(08-30-2017, 07:55 PM)Itchy Ideas Wrote:

Kpro

I don't think Fenn ever answered the question...

What question?

Pays to be a winner.
08-30-2017, 08:41 PM,
(08-28-2017, 08:20 PM)N. Means Wrote: I believe understanding the definition of what a clue is maybe helpful, but in order to expedite my point; a clue is just a piece of information or evidence used in the detection of a crime or solving a mystery. But it is just that, evidence, therefore one just has to unravel or figure out what the clue means in order to solve the crime and or mystery. So how can a hint in the book help you first solve or figure out what the words in the poem mean without first understand or unraveling the clue, it's backwards, of course in my opinion. I believe that attempting to identify what the potential subtle hints are in the book prior to figuring out what the clues mean is just expensive folly, and is why I believe that this discussion will be entertaining.

So don't go getting your panties in a wad because of someone who has a difference of opinion.
Means,
That the way I have all ways looked at it, if you spend all your time figuring hints, then you never get to the clues. The hints are no easier than the clues.
08-30-2017, 08:56 PM,
(08-30-2017, 08:41 PM)ithinkudo2 Wrote:
(08-28-2017, 08:20 PM)N. Means Wrote: I believe understanding the definition of what a clue is maybe helpful, but in order to expedite my point; a clue is just a piece of information or evidence used in the detection of a crime or solving a mystery. But it is just that, evidence, therefore one just has to unravel or figure out what the clue means in order to solve the crime and or mystery. So how can a hint in the book help you first solve or figure out what the words in the poem mean without first understand or unraveling the clue, it's backwards, of course in my opinion. I believe that attempting to identify what the potential subtle hints are in the book prior to figuring out what the clues mean is just expensive folly, and is why I believe that this discussion will be entertaining.

So don't go getting your panties in a wad because of someone who has a difference of opinion.
Means,
That the way I have all ways looked at it, if you spend all your time figuring hints, then you never get to the clues. The hints are no easier than the clues.

Funny how f says you shouldn't be preoccupied with later clues if you can't identify the starting point. Looks like f's expensive folly reared its ugly head on y'all.

Forrest, you have stated that several searchers correctly identified the first two clues in your poem. Could you tell us how many searchers to your knowledge have correctly identified the first clue correctly? Thanks. ~49 Dollars

No 49, I cannot tell you how many searchers have identified the first clue correctly, but certainly more than several. I cannot imagine anyone finding the treasure without first identifying the starting point, although many seem to be preoccupied with later clues. To me that’s just expensive folly. f

Pays to be a winner.
08-30-2017, 09:06 PM,
(08-30-2017, 07:25 PM)resa Wrote:
(08-30-2017, 07:20 PM)fundamental design Wrote:
(08-30-2017, 07:09 PM)resa Wrote:
(08-30-2017, 06:55 PM)fundamental design Wrote:
(08-30-2017, 06:13 PM)resa Wrote: How do you figure the clues are contiguous? There are 9 clues, numbered 1-9. 1 is contiguous to 2, 2 to 3 and so on. Clue 1 is not contiguous to clue 9. Moreover, I read ff's comment you posted above and he isn't talking about the clues or how they're contiguous or not. He was asked if there were 9 clues when he wrote the poem, and his answer completely ignored the question and jumped to location (i knew where I wanted to hide the treasure).

Good question. This is all I've found so far and I'll listen to the interview again and check some more. But it looks like you jumped to location and didn't mention the short sentence before that. I'm saying I don't know yet so still looking for a better quote.
The short sentence before that was "they're contiguous". That has nothing to do with how many clues there were. He then talks about location, and because it followed the short sentence implies it was a related topic. I know his hearing is sometimes wonky so maybe he misunderstood the question, but based on his response on the whole, he sounds like he was talking about clue location and not clues per se.

Well, I just watched and listened to the question and f's answer, especially the "they're contiguous" part and I think most if not all who watch and listen to that will side on f meaning the clues are contiguous. I think it's at the 47:23 mark. I'm still looking to see if f has mentioned this in any other quotes.

https://youtu.be/8RzrIu3hMec

Ive watched the video and still think he was responding to location. I don't care how others interpret his comments. My interpretation of things isn't based on consensus.

Good comments.
08-30-2017, 11:02 PM,

Means,
Again it seems much easier to focus on deciphering just 166 words instead of sifting through tens of thousands of words in TTOTC or any other outside sources, but who am I to stop others who I believe are making mistakes.
08-31-2017, 01:00 AM,
(08-28-2017, 07:31 PM)fundamental design Wrote: In short, if we know where the first clue is and the clues are consecutive then any hint can't help after clue 1. Hints have to help before then.

It's certainly possible that's the case.

The way I weasel my way out of that certainty, is considering whether any given clue or hint directly or indirectly leads to, or points you closer to the treasure.

A hint, by definition, is indirect. I consider it possible that, given his statements, Sugar Daddy is implying that clues are direct.

For example, using a crossword-clue type example, lets say a hypothetical clue (puzzle) is "Golden Rock." The solution to that clue/puzzle, let's say, is Yellowstone. By solving that clue, you are lead, or pointed, directly to an area on a map.

Then let's say there is a hypothetical hint, and it is "Coors Beer". Maybe you know the Coors brewery or headquarters is in Golden, CO.

But "solving" that hint doesn't lead you directly to any location, rather, it is a hint to a component of a clue - the word Golden - which in turn must be combined with another component, to result in a clue/puzzle, which in turn must be solved, before it leads or points directly to a location.

You might say it doesn't matter. If it leads or points at any level of indirection, it can't possibly be for any clue other than the first clue, because that contradicts his previous statements. That's fine, and you might be right - but you might also be wrong.

I don't know how many wrongs each of us get in this chase - maybe it's unlimited, if you have unlimited time, and are having fun.
08-31-2017, 01:51 AM,
(08-30-2017, 07:55 PM)Itchy Ideas Wrote:

Kpro

Why did you think Kpro was talking about you? I was thinking she meant FD.

I don't think Fenn ever answered the question. We are suppose to figure it out. Personally, I believe the clues are in order (because he put them in order). That order doesn't mean 12345, but we have to figure that out on our own

Just a footnote: He made a hand motion in the Santa Fe Report that implied they went from top to bottom.
08-31-2017, 05:39 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-31-2017, 06:30 AM by fundamental design.)
(08-30-2017, 11:02 PM)N. Means Wrote:

Means,
Again it seems much easier to focus on deciphering just 166 words instead of sifting through tens of thousands of words in TTOTC or any other outside sources, but who am I to stop others who I believe are making mistakes.

Sounds good if you want to be in the non serious searcher camp, at least according to f's best advice for finding the tc. So, who should we believe?

(08-31-2017, 01:00 AM)ThrillChaser Wrote:
(08-28-2017, 07:31 PM)fundamental design Wrote: In short, if we know where the first clue is and the clues are consecutive then any hint can't help after clue 1. Hints have to help before then.

It's certainly possible that's the case.

The way I weasel my way out of that certainty, is considering whether any given clue or hint directly or indirectly leads to, or points you closer to the treasure.

A hint, by definition, is indirect. I consider it possible that, given his statements, Sugar Daddy is implying that clues are direct.

For example, using a crossword-clue type example, lets say a hypothetical clue (puzzle) is "Golden Rock." The solution to that clue/puzzle, let's say, is Yellowstone. By solving that clue, you are lead, or pointed, directly to an area on a map.

Then let's say there is a hypothetical hint, and it is "Coors Beer". Maybe you know the Coors brewery or headquarters is in Golden, CO.

But "solving" that hint doesn't lead you directly to any location, rather, it is a hint to a component of a clue - the word Golden - which in turn must be combined with another component, to result in a clue/puzzle, which in turn must be solved, before it leads or points directly to a location.

You might say it doesn't matter. If it leads or points at any level of indirection, it can't possibly be for any clue other than the first clue, because that contradicts his previous statements. That's fine, and you might be right - but you might also be wrong.

I don't know how many wrongs each of us get in this chase - maybe it's unlimited, if you have unlimited time, and are having fun.

Thanks for explaining that. How many hints do you think there are to utilize this technique and where can they be found...poem, ttotc or sb's?

Pays to be a winner.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Path To Success Silentfly 75 50,077 07-14-2016, 10:20 PM
Last Post: Silentfly
  Success Box decall 6 5,084 10-08-2015, 10:51 AM
Last Post: Buddy Allen
  The Book contains so many hints & clues, its ridiculous OR Are Forrests hints common to every place hes been ? SantaFe 23 15,006 03-06-2014, 12:29 AM
Last Post: deb