Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
How does Fenn know the Treasure is still there?
02-07-2019, 07:28 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-07-2019, 07:29 PM by Top Secret.)
From the latest 6Qs, Fenn ruled out GE and him visiting the site to recheck if the treasure is still in place, yet he says it is still right where he left it. Now how can that be? There is no way in the world, if he is the only one that knows its secret spot, to say with 100% certainty that it is still there.

After seeing how these 7%ers will react, Fenn's statement that the person who finds the treasure will come forward is not believable. I have heard many, many people say they won't tell Fenn anything if they find the chest out of fear for their lives. This is a very likely possibility that Fenn has to acknowledge exists.

So how can Fenn claim this with 100% certainty? The obvious answer is there is no chest to find. The claims of cameras and singling devices is bogus because the technology didn't exist back then, and even if it did, battery life or it can be thwarted by the finder. The claim of a proxy has been refuted by Fenn and the incentive hidden inside the chest is not viable either.

So it is puzzling to me that he can make such a claim. No one has stated any plausible reason other than a hoax. Can you?
02-07-2019, 07:37 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-07-2019, 10:23 PM by crazyfamily.)
I wrote about my theory that the chest may be empty. He said that people claim to have found the treasure, but can't provide pictures or say where the treasure was found. He said that he knows the treasure CHEST is still where he hid it.

"Several dozen hunters have already claimed to possess the treasure but none could tell me the correct hiding place or send me photos. The treasure chest is still in the Rocky Mountains where I hid it more than 8 years ago. All of the video makers and bloggers who have presented entertaining evidence to the contrary, are mistaken."

razyfamily
02-07-2019, 07:40 PM,
RE: How does Fenn know the Treasure is still there?
(02-07-2019, 07:37 PM)crazyfamily Wrote: I wrote about my theory that the chest may be empty. He said that people claim to have found the treasure, but can't provide pictures or say where the treasure was found. He said that he knows the treasure CHEST is still where he hide it.

razyfamily
Plausible and supports the hoax in away, they still get a chest, so not a total hoax but good reason to come forward. I like it. Finder won't like it though! lol
02-07-2019, 07:41 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-07-2019, 07:47 PM by crazyfamily.)
(02-07-2019, 07:40 PM)Top Secret Wrote:
(02-07-2019, 07:37 PM)crazyfamily Wrote: I wrote about my theory that the chest may be empty. He said that people claim to have found the treasure, but can't provide pictures or say where the treasure was found. He said that he knows the treasure CHEST is still where he hide it.

razyfamily
Plausible and supports the hoax in away, they still get a chest, so not a total hoax but good reason to come forward. I like it. Finder won't like it though! lol

He said he wished he could see the look on their face. They surely would call or email him to tell him that it was empty.

razyfamily
02-07-2019, 10:12 PM,
(02-07-2019, 09:10 PM)legacyhelper Wrote: I believe we should give FF more credit for knowing human nature pretty *well*. Do you honestly/seriously think he would risk angering the solver/finder that much?

I honestly believe that he meant what he said, when he said that it was very personal to him. Why does he have to care about what the searchers or the finder thinks.

razyfamily
02-07-2019, 10:39 PM,
(02-07-2019, 07:28 PM)Top Secret Wrote: From the latest 6Qs, Fenn ruled out GE and him visiting the site to recheck if the treasure is still in place, yet he says it is still right where he left it. Now how can that be? There is no way in the world, if he is the only one that knows its secret spot, to say with 100% certainty that it is still there.

After seeing how these 7%ers will react, Fenn's statement that the person who finds the treasure will come forward is not believable. I have heard many, many people say they won't tell Fenn anything if they find the chest out of fear for their lives. This is a very likely possibility that Fenn has to acknowledge exists.

So how can Fenn claim this with 100% certainty? The obvious answer is there is no chest to find. The claims of cameras and singling devices is bogus because the technology didn't exist back then, and even if it did, battery life or it can be thwarted by the finder. The claim of a proxy has been refuted by Fenn and the incentive hidden inside the chest is not viable either.

So it is puzzling to me that he can make such a claim. No one has stated any plausible reason other than a hoax. Can you?

The most reliable way to ensure that he knows if the chest has been found, I believe, would be to have included an IOU note in the chest for an amount very unlikely to be ignored (let’s say 500 thousand dollars, for example).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
02-07-2019, 10:46 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-07-2019, 11:15 PM by Top Secret.)
(02-07-2019, 10:39 PM)BackTL Wrote:
(02-07-2019, 07:28 PM)Top Secret Wrote: From the latest 6Qs, Fenn ruled out GE and him visiting the site to recheck if the treasure is still in place, yet he says it is still right where he left it. Now how can that be? There is no way in the world, if he is the only one that knows its secret spot, to say with 100% certainty that it is still there.

The most reliable way to ensure that he knows if the chest has been found, I believe, would be to have included an IOU note in the chest for an amount very unlikely to be ignored (let’s say 500 thousand dollars, for example).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
And how does he pay an IOU after he dies? He ruled out the IOU, or at least he said he can't remember if he left one in there. He can't remember if he left an IOU, but he can recite with great detail every fricken bottle cap he collected and pie he ate when he was 10 years old. ya, right can't remember.

There is one sinister way he could assure the chest's retrieval. He said it was the most atrocious thing he ever did (of hiding the chest). Atrocious is a horrible word, so is tantamount meaning "having the same effect as something, usually something bad"

So what if Fenn committed a horrible crime or new someone who did and the evidence of the crime is in the chest. He said there was a surprise in the chest he refuses to talk about. Would that surprise evidence not compel or force the finder to come forward with the discovery of the chest. Perhaps this surprise item is something that legally forces the finder to come forward and is another way he would know.

Not really something the finder would enjoy, might even regret finding it if the chest contained a surprise item was a real life Pandora's box. He did say he hid the chest to give people hope or is that Hope? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pandora%27s_box
02-08-2019, 01:19 AM,
How does Forrest know where it is?
One of his best friends, Douglas Preston knows where it is hidden.
It’s hidden in the general area where Preston lives.
Preston showed Forrest a lot of interesting places in New Mexico in the 70’s.
One was one of the best unknown trout fishing streams in the Santa Fe National Forest.
Preston checks on the chest for Forrest.
IMO.
02-08-2019, 07:48 AM,
I've said it once and I'll say it again.....
Fenn can drive (or be droven) by the secret and can see the chest/blaze from the road.
I believe it's how he found his "secret" to begin with.

He had mentioned in passing that he would often pull over and check out a spot that looked interesting. Venturing into public, private, and native land alike (although I think he said this to not give out any clues).

The chest may not be near any road or man made structure, but our eyes sure can see far.
02-08-2019, 08:16 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-08-2019, 08:35 AM by crazyfamily.)
(02-07-2019, 10:46 PM)Top Secret Wrote: There is one sinister way he could assure the chest's retrieval. He said it was the most atrocious thing he ever did (of hiding the chest). Atrocious is a horrible word, so is tantamount meaning "having the same effect as something, usually something bad"

So what if Fenn committed a horrible crime or new someone who did and the evidence of the crime is in the chest. He said there was a surprise in the chest he refuses to talk about. Would that surprise evidence not compel or force the finder to come forward with the discovery of the chest. Perhaps this surprise item is something that legally forces the finder to come forward and is another way he would know.

Not really something the finder would enjoy, might even regret finding it if the chest contained a surprise item was a real life Pandora's box. He did say he hid the chest to give people hope or is that Hope? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pandora%27s_box

In my opinion, this was one of the more interesting things that Stephanie's book connected to the chase. The secret may be contained in the chest...I can keep my secret where. Other than a few stacks, the DB Cooper money was never heard from again. If there is some in there it might leave no doubt. It's an interesting thought. If it were true, it would be a better story, though, if he had released the book upon his death making claim to the crime and challenge everyone to find the truth. Who knows, maybe that's what we're doing.

Word! From experiencing trouble, a fool is made wise.

razyfamily

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I Found Fenn’s treasure!!! Really Mongo 5 815 03-27-2019, 11:51 AM
Last Post: Mongo
  I think that we are taking this Fenn Treasure thing way too seriously... Gordon Lightfoot 4 588 01-07-2019, 04:31 PM
Last Post: JoeKing101
  Fenn Treasure Hunters Point of View Blazehunter 17 2,701 10-28-2018, 09:11 PM
Last Post: total1ty
  The Treacherous Treasure Hunt of Forrest Fenn filmguy 0 995 09-10-2018, 06:14 PM
Last Post: filmguy
  Buzzfeed's take on the Fenn Treasure tyounis 0 1,343 09-07-2018, 06:54 PM
Last Post: tyounis
  New Fenn Treasure Video MuertodeCorrales 0 597 07-16-2018, 05:57 PM
Last Post: MuertodeCorrales