Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
How does Fenn know the Treasure is still there?
02-08-2019, 03:31 PM,
(02-08-2019, 02:33 PM)Top Secret Wrote:
(02-08-2019, 01:42 PM)BackTL Wrote: And, what difference does it make how he knows that the treasure is still out there where he put it? You either take him at his word or you don’t. It’s as simple as that.
Serious? OJ Simpson a beloved football star said he didn't kill Nicole and Goldman. So according to your advice we should just "take him at his word" and give him a pass and ignore that bloody glove in his back yard?

Yep. Either take him at his word or don’t. There can be no proof whether a real treasure is out there or not. All each person can do is form their own opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
02-08-2019, 03:38 PM,
RE: How does Fenn know the Treasure is still there?
(02-08-2019, 03:31 PM)BackTL Wrote:
(02-08-2019, 02:33 PM)Top Secret Wrote:
(02-08-2019, 01:42 PM)BackTL Wrote: And, what difference does it make how he knows that the treasure is still out there where he put it? You either take him at his word or you don’t. It’s as simple as that.
Serious? OJ Simpson a beloved football star said he didn't kill Nicole and Goldman. So according to your advice we should just "take him at his word" and give him a pass and ignore that bloody glove in his back yard?

Yep. Either take him at his word or don’t. There can be no proof whether a real treasure is out there or not. All each person can do is form their own opinion.

Yah form it on information that is relevant and telling. Not just turn a blind eye to it, and join the Kool-Aid line for another round of shooters.
02-08-2019, 03:55 PM,
(02-08-2019, 02:56 PM)question Wrote:
(02-08-2019, 08:29 AM)Anon Anon Wrote: Oh boy, here we go again with this DB Cooper nonsense.

Ha Ha, you read my mind. So frickin' stupid lmao.

Listen, Fenn is a gangstah, and I mean that in a good way. Lived his life on his own terms and took advantage of vacuous celebrities. Good on him.

(02-08-2019, 11:00 AM)crazyfamily Wrote: I sent him my opinion on where his "spot" was. I couldn't help but find meaning in what he said. My email was pointed and his response didn't disappoint. Sorry, I will not reveal what he said.

Baaah hah hah hah roflmao.

Yep, have a good laugh.

razyfamily
02-08-2019, 05:18 PM,
f not responding can't logically be taken as any kind of confirmation

and i remember he said as much one time, that his lack of response shouldn't be taken as a hint

(02-08-2019, 02:16 PM)Seeker9 Wrote: I think if someone sent him an absolute correct solve he would respond to that. Personally I don't think you can send an absolute perfect solve without having the treasure tho Smile

if someone had the treasure and emailed f, he would respond

so in answering the question if someone sent him a correct solve, that he wouldn't reply, this strongly suggests that someone can send him a correct solve without the treasure
02-08-2019, 06:03 PM,
(02-08-2019, 05:49 PM)EastonS19 Wrote:
(02-08-2019, 01:42 PM)BackTL Wrote: No need to worry folks. Forrest doesn’t play favorites. If he did, the treasure would have already been found.

And, what difference does it make how he knows that the treasure is still out there where he put it? You either take him at his word or you don’t. It’s as simple as that.

If someone sends him an e-mail and he responds while not responding to others
e-mails, is favoritism. Plain and simple...
Any words given to one person and not to others, is an unfair advantage. Even if
the sender says, they got nothing out of the response. (they say) (who knows)
If he is going to respond to anyone, then the entire e-mail should be posted
so all can read. Even if the sender does not want anyone to read their e-mail.

It certainly gives the appearance of favoritism, and I think it was a mistake for him to interact with individual searchers. Appearances count.

02-08-2019, 08:06 PM,
(02-08-2019, 05:58 PM)LurkerMike Wrote: I think the finder will return the chest to Forrest Fenn.

I'm pretty sure I would if I were to find it.

Forrest has already paid the taxes on it. It is his property until the title is transferred to the finder, at which point the finder owes some serious taxes on it if they accept the title.

But if the finder refuses the title and simply returns it to Forrest many things become far less complicated.

Perhaps he would offer a reward for its safe return, and perhaps he wouldn't. That would be a chance I would have to take. Any such reward would be taxable income, but a portion could be set aside to pay those taxes. Unlike the struggle of paying the taxes on the chest, where it would have to be assayed and appraised to determine its value and the auctioned off at additional cost to pay the taxes.

Frivolous lawsuits would also mostly be avoided if one did not accept the title and therefore legal possession of the chest. Most other statutes would also be unlikely to be enforced if the chest were returned to its owner, who is known and we all can identify.

Perhaps there is something in the chest that would persuade the finder to return it and that is how Forrest would know.

I would like to see it intact and whole on display in a museum. Returning it to Forrest is the surest path to seeing that happen.

That was our plan. Take it to him, let him decide what to do about it.

razyfamily
02-08-2019, 08:53 PM,
Without knowing what's inside the chest It's just forum fodder. FF has said to put it in the vault for thirty days and think about it. If I find the chest you ppl will not have to worry about finding anything out. I'll be on a world tour, and I will put the solution on front street immediately . First and main.
02-08-2019, 08:57 PM,
(02-08-2019, 08:53 PM)Seeker9 Wrote: Without knowing what's inside the chest It's just forum fodder. FF has said to put it in the vault for thirty days and think about it. If I find the chest you ppl will not have to worry about finding anything out. I'll be on a world tour, and I will put the solution on front street immediately . First and main.

Same here. These people who say they would be too scared to come forward are wusses.
02-08-2019, 09:19 PM,
(02-08-2019, 06:37 PM)Seeker9 Wrote: Yes. If a person who lived far outside the search area sent FF a 100% correct, complete solution down to the exact spot I think he would confirm it.

so you're just going to ignore that f said he will never hint to anyone they are close. and he also said on a separate occasion that if he received the correct solve he wouldn't say anything
02-09-2019, 12:07 AM,
confirming that someone has the correct solve and treasure location would in fact be an ethical violation of the hunt. not sure why you don't realize that

if what you are saying is true, we could all just save ourselves the time and money of searching and just email f our solves until he confirms someone has the correct treasure location

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  2019 Fenn Treasure Searcher Survey tyounis 8 1,371 06-10-2019, 11:58 AM
Last Post: wildfuntear
  I Found Fenn’s treasure!!! Really Mongo 5 1,234 03-27-2019, 11:51 AM
Last Post: Mongo
  I think that we are taking this Fenn Treasure thing way too seriously... Gordon Lightfoot 4 842 01-07-2019, 04:31 PM
Last Post: JoeKing101
  Fenn Treasure Hunters Point of View Blazehunter 17 3,642 10-28-2018, 09:11 PM
Last Post: total1ty
  The Treacherous Treasure Hunt of Forrest Fenn filmguy 0 1,214 09-10-2018, 06:14 PM
Last Post: filmguy
  Buzzfeed's take on the Fenn Treasure tyounis 0 1,535 09-07-2018, 06:54 PM
Last Post: tyounis