Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
How does Fenn know the Treasure is still there?
02-09-2019, 12:16 AM,
RE: How does Fenn know the Treasure is still there?
(02-09-2019, 12:07 AM)Chris Yates Wrote: confirming that someone has the correct solve and treasure location would in fact be an ethical violation of the hunt. not sure why you don't realize that

if what you are saying is true, we could all just save ourselves the time and money of searching and just email f our solves until he confirms someone has the correct treasure location
What ethical rule book are you quoting? Fenn's or yours?
02-09-2019, 12:23 AM,
(02-09-2019, 12:16 AM)Top Secret Wrote: What ethical rule book are you quoting? Fenn's or yours?

on this particular point, it would be a rule of ethics for anyone who has ethics

if your question is a protest to what I'm saying because Troll Secret has no ethics, well, I'm not surprised
02-09-2019, 12:28 AM,
(02-09-2019, 12:23 AM)Chris Yates Wrote:
(02-09-2019, 12:16 AM)Top Secret Wrote: What ethical rule book are you quoting? Fenn's or yours?

on this particular point, it would be a rule of ethics for anyone who has ethics

if your question is a protest to what I'm saying because Troll Secret has no ethics, well, I'm not surprised
You are pretty sensitive Yates. I just find your reasoning extremely subpar. I grade it D- at best.

How can you claim to know what Fenn would do based on the ethics of others? Has the members of your ethical sample pool sold fake paintings? Pissed in gas tanks?
02-09-2019, 12:48 AM,
(02-08-2019, 10:44 PM)Seeker9 Wrote:
(02-08-2019, 09:19 PM)Chris Yates Wrote:
(02-08-2019, 06:37 PM)Seeker9 Wrote: Yes. If a person who lived far outside the search area sent FF a 100% correct, complete solution down to the exact spot I think he would confirm it.

so you're just going to ignore that f said he will never hint to anyone they are close. and he also said on a separate occasion that if he received the correct solve he wouldn't say anything
Of course he would never hint to someone close Smile . It has to be exact for a confirmation. No ethics will have been harmed in this scenario. I'm not really ignoring his statement. A lot of ppl from all walks of life are searching for the chest. FF kind of already said he would confirm with an assist and help a disabled person with the correct solve.

I bet if I sent him an exact correct solve and pitched him a big budget Josh Gates discovery, I'd get confirmation. F, here's my solve, I have Hoda and Kathy Lee on standby, waiting on a time to meet me in your driveway, should I tell them to head that way? FF - "YEP Seeker9, you're the champion of the world, go get the chest, your solve is correct" Smile

On the topic of a big production of the retrieval... I would want to be alone, personally. There could be a lot of money at stake if the Finder were able to convince someone with big bucks to tag along, but there's an aspect to all of this that eschews the worldly value of things. There's something fitting about finishing this grand adventure the way it was started: with one person making a trip alone into the mountains. I'm not sure any amount of money is worth missing that journey.
02-09-2019, 06:40 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-09-2019, 06:48 AM by crazyfamily.)
I think Forrest doesn't trust email, and would not respond directly to any correct information about the solution or the location of the chest. He put his email address and mailing address out there for a reason, and if you haven't used it, then that's your problem.

What's interesting in this conversation is that I never said that I sent him the location of the chest. I merely played his game about where the fish was caught. If you think he wasn't playing games, then you're not paying attention.

(02-08-2019, 05:18 PM)Chris Yates Wrote: f not responding can't logically be taken as any kind of confirmation

and i remember he said as much one time, that his lack of response shouldn't be taken as a hint

(02-08-2019, 02:16 PM)Seeker9 Wrote: I think if someone sent him an absolute correct solve he would respond to that. Personally I don't think you can send an absolute perfect solve without having the treasure tho Smile

if someone had the treasure and emailed f, he would respond

so in answering the question if someone sent him a correct solve, that he wouldn't reply, this strongly suggests that someone can send him a correct solve without the treasure

Pretty sure I've been saying this. You could have a general solve and not the treasure.

razyfamily
02-09-2019, 10:41 AM,
Could he have put his email in the book for media requests and things like that ? In my book right below FF's email address you have Allen Polts email address.
02-09-2019, 10:56 AM,
I've heard he put his phone number in first edition books.

razyfamily
02-09-2019, 11:11 AM,
Wish i had one. My copy is a fourth edition.
02-09-2019, 11:41 AM,
(02-09-2019, 10:55 AM)LurkerMike Wrote:
(02-09-2019, 02:22 AM)Seeker9 Wrote: [[[Breaking News]]]

I just recieved a rmail from FF saying he will not confirm a correct solve. You were all correct. You can put the hammers away.

That's not what he told me.

Because he didn't tell me anything.

You can read Forrest Fenn's books
and you can read his poem.
But you can't read that man's mind
because he will beat you every time.
02-09-2019, 11:58 AM,
(02-09-2019, 02:22 AM)Seeker9 Wrote:
(02-09-2019, 02:13 AM)legacyhelper Wrote:
(02-09-2019, 01:44 AM)Seeker9 Wrote: Ahh, allow your minds to drift to the dark side of the moon for a moment. Just think what a confirmed solve would mean. I bet a confirmed solve would be worth ten times more than the chest... hmmm maybe it would be unethical Smile

This reminds me of back-pedaling.

Confirmation of a correct solve = possession of the goodies, IMO.
If I find the goodies, I won't simply contact FF to tell him the location.
Photos and/or video talks. BS walks. (So-called) "Glory" is for others;
It won't buy me a cuppa joe -- either "garbaged up" or plain dark brown.
Can we see a photo or video of your complete solve ?

(02-09-2019, 02:21 AM)LurkerMike Wrote:
(02-09-2019, 01:44 AM)Seeker9 Wrote: Ahh, allow your minds to drift to the dark side of the moon for a moment. Just think what a confirmed solve would mean. I bet a confirmed solve would be worth ten times more than the chest... hmmm maybe it would be unethical Smile

A confirmed solve would equal a RUINED CHASE!

And would also ruin Forrest Fenn's legacy.

He put too much work into the Chase to even think about making it easy on the finder.

There are no shortcuts. Fenn said that. Someone, please help me out with a cite...
I mentioned a few posts ago this is hypothetical and nothing more.

[[[Breaking News]]]

I just recieved a rmail from FF saying he will not confirm a correct solve. You were all correct. You can put the hammers away.
I believe that since he said he wouldn't know what to say so he wouldn't if the correct solution arrived.

That also means he won't be communicating via email with anyone who is close. So if Fenn is still talking to you (wait that can't happen because he said he was getting too many emails) then you are not where close to solving the poem. Yah can't have one of these without the other. IMO

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  2019 Fenn Treasure Searcher Survey tyounis 8 1,063 06-10-2019, 11:58 AM
Last Post: wildfuntear
  I Found Fenn’s treasure!!! Really Mongo 5 1,039 03-27-2019, 11:51 AM
Last Post: Mongo
  I think that we are taking this Fenn Treasure thing way too seriously... Gordon Lightfoot 4 702 01-07-2019, 04:31 PM
Last Post: JoeKing101
  Fenn Treasure Hunters Point of View Blazehunter 17 3,187 10-28-2018, 09:11 PM
Last Post: total1ty
  The Treacherous Treasure Hunt of Forrest Fenn filmguy 0 1,076 09-10-2018, 06:14 PM
Last Post: filmguy
  Buzzfeed's take on the Fenn Treasure tyounis 0 1,429 09-07-2018, 06:54 PM
Last Post: tyounis