Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Casting - Is it a hoax?
07-06-2015, 07:00 AM,
Casting - Is it a hoax?
A neighbor that had been living with his girlfriend for 25 years, told us they were going to get married, I told our neighbor that all he really needed was a hobbie.
07-06-2015, 07:16 AM,
Casting - Is it a hoax?
Only person who has to prove anything is the finder, and that's only if the finder wants the full value (& the publicity that goes w/ it).
07-06-2015, 07:22 AM,
Casting - Is it a hoax?
Working at it Stephanie, everyday. Smile

I hope my bee swarm decides its not as good a place to nest as they thought it was! LOL

Shhh they aren't listening.
07-06-2015, 08:38 AM,
Casting - Is it a hoax?
Fairness is something else that has been talked about a lot in this thread. The fairness thing bothers a lot of people. I personally don't get worked up over it, but I can kind of see why some people do. As Halogetter pointed out, Forrest's job has always basically been to be friendly to people. A lot of people seek him out. They want to hang out with him. He seems to have a hard time saying no, especially if the people seeking him out are cute and female. Plus I think he genuinely enjoys having people around him. He is friendly to the people around him, in an old school way. He gives gifts, he allows them to stay in his guest rooms, he wines and dines them, he takes them on adventures with him. He can afford to be a very good host. Does that mean he is showing favoritism? Maybe not really. Certainly he isn't treating everyone in the world equally, but then he is only so rich and only has so much time. The people in his immediate orbit at any given time are certainly showered with things others might see as favoritism. However, the people in his orbit come and go. As old ones fall out, new ones enter and receive the same treatment. So I would argue he really isn't showing favoritism. He pretty much treats everyone around him the same way, but there can only be so many people in close proximity to him at any given time.

So the next question is: Do his favorites du jour get any preferential treatment when it comes to hints/clues/inside info about the location of the treasure? I see no evidence of that. None of them have found the treasure. More importantly though, remember that time Forrest felt he needed to level the playing field because he slipped up and said something to someone that he felt made it unfair for everyone else? If Forrest was playing favorites when giving out info, would he have bothered leveling the playing field? I don't think so. I suspect he may have also been sending a message aimed at those close to him that they weren't going to get anything out of him that everyone else wouldn't get too.

I really don't see any actual favoritism or unfairness in the way Forrest has been doing things. Certainly he could have tried harder to avoid the perception of favoritism by keeping searchers more at arms length. But that is clearly not the way he wants to run his treasure hunt.

mdavis19
07-06-2015, 10:05 AM,
Casting - Is it a hoax?
mdavis, it bothers me that he milks the chase for all that its worth:

1) Alleged sexual gratification with some and a willingness to sell out the chase for a quick fling

2) Personal entertainment. He enjoys treating us like lab rats and loves the stories of our failure and all for his own sick pleasure. We are his favorite pastime now.

3) Sadistic entertainment. He does not care what happens or what the <b>human</b> cost of his chase are. He thinks we are evil anyhow apparently and deserve everything we get.

4) Recruit sycophants in return for favoritism. His personal entourage or inner circle get their expenses paid and go on paid searches. Most of us can only afford to do a (very) limited search

5) Manipulation, manipulation, manipulation... he just loves to do it and now he gets to do it to the masses

6) Wants to become a legend, huge conflict of interest with the chase. Poem designed and chest hidden so as to not be solvable for a 1000 years. Not really fair, eh?

7) Its all about him really. The adventure, the thrills, the media attention, the chase. Whatever you get out it is nothing compared to what he gets. His thrills not yours!

8) He gets his books sold out and can preach to the masses as if he was almost a god. The Fenn Cult : its the new religion and we are all brainwashed into believing there is a findable chest out there just waiting for one of us.

9) He wants to show us he is clever but he is not. That the chase is a challenge and you are battling wits with a great intelligence. You are up against a likely hustler, trickster and master of deception who will likely do anything to prevent his chest falling into your hands. He won't even say if its buried deep underground.

10) He wants to show the world he is a kind old man doing us all good by selflessly putting a chest out there. Its not who you are , its who they think you are.

"Let me tell you something else. I've seen a lot of spinals solves, Dude, and this guy is a fake. A ****ing goldbricker." -Walter Sobchack
07-06-2015, 11:41 AM,
Casting - Is it a hoax?

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:
<b>Quote from HarryFool on July 6, 2015, 11:05 am</b>

mdavis, it bothers me that he milks the chase for all that its worth:

1) Alleged sexual gratification with some and a willingness to sell out the chase for a quick fling

2) Personal entertainment. He enjoys treating us like lab rats and loves the stories of our failure and all for his own sick pleasure. We are his favorite pastime now.

3) Sadistic entertainment. He does not care what happens or what the <b>human</b> cost of his chase are. He thinks we are evil anyhow apparently and deserve everything we get.

4) Recruit sycophants in return for favoritism. His personal entourage or inner circle get their expenses paid and go on paid searches. Most of us can only afford to do a (very) limited search

5) Manipulation, manipulation, manipulation... he just loves to do it and now he gets to do it to the masses

6) Wants to become a legend, huge conflict of interest with the chase. Poem designed and chest hidden so as to not be solvable for a 1000 years. Not really fair, eh?

7) Its all about him really. The adventure, the thrills, the media attention, the chase. Whatever you get out it is nothing compared to what he gets. His thrills not yours!

8) He gets his books sold out and can preach to the masses as if he was almost a god. The Fenn Cult : its the new religion and we are all brainwashed into believing there is a findable chest out there just waiting for one of us.

9) He wants to show us he is clever but he is not. That the chase is a challenge and you are battling wits with a great intelligence. You are up against a likely hustler, trickster and master of deception who will likely do anything to prevent his chest falling into your hands. He won't even say if its buried deep underground.

10) He wants to show the world he is a kind old man doing us all good by selflessly putting a chest out there. Its not who you are , its who they think you are.
</div>

or he's just having fun with his retirement hobby...

07-06-2015, 02:54 PM,
Casting - Is it a hoax?

<b>Quote from admin on July 6, 2015, 8:01 am</b>
<div class="bbcode_quote">
<b>Quote from Circles on July 6, 2015, 12:31 am</b>

Don't you think Stephanie has an obligation to provide verifiable information when making such serious claims as people committing suicide ? I think she either has to provide verifiable details or she should cease and desist. It is appalling for her to take the stance that Forrest cannot stop her because he is vulnerable to her attacks because she will obviously state anything with the plan being to get a glimpse of Forrest's or Dal's computer. Sounds pretty darn premeditated !
</div>

Why am I obligated? Maybe you should hold your faitful leader to the same standards. Shouldn't he have found some way to give you proof it's really out there to be found?

If they have nothing to hide then he will sue me and that is the only way I will be able to have access for others to see what's truly going on.</div>
</div>
You are obligated due to the serious nature of your accusation. Because if there is no body there is no death. If body cannot be identified then the truth cannot be discovered. But then again you obviously don't want anyone to find out your cop out is "that's just my opinion". Also that the questions were so simple and your time certainly has allowed long drawn out postings it again is clear you do not want to be discovered as a liar. And your lie is very malicious.

And BTW your other lie that you were gonna take your own life is another dramatic lie that cannot be proven to be true. Even if it was true it was your own making no doubt. You got everything you wanted out of the Chase. You got to play hostess , got to make friends and befriend , you got clues from Forrest that made you feel special which is what you wanted. The only thing you did not get was the treasure because you did not solve the poem. So you decided to become spiteful not just once but at least twice as we see a year ago when Forrest said he was gonna give you something you wanted. I do not disagree that he played you. But seeing as you grouped up women to try and seduce him for clues. He played you all accordingly. And because at the end of the day none of you really got any special clues (just like today show viewers)Forrest has shown himself to be fair about this all and you think you have some right to dictate terms of the chase and call it off so you can not only be the dictator but so that you can say that you tried and all the money you wasted running willy nilly all about at every whim was somehow justified more than running around with strangers.
07-06-2015, 03:10 PM,
Casting - Is it a hoax?

<b>Quote from admin on July 6, 2015, 8:25 am</b>
<div class="bbcode_quote">
<b>Quote from Plasmalupus on July 6, 2015, 1:32 am</b>

The Supreme court should clear the books of suicide laws and uphold a persons right to chose how they want to end it. It should be a God given right? With abortion being tantamount to a right, I don't see how choosing to murder yourself is any different. It takes a lot of strength and courage to live in this world and some just don't have it, some lose it. For some, disease saps that strength and they would like to go out on their own terms with head held high.
</div>

*not chase related* Just want to say that I very much agree. I'm caring for my dad right now as we speak. He has advanced stages of Parkinsons. The medication he takes to be unfrozen has messed with him to the point he rarely knows who I am and hallucinates 24/7. I worry he's inside and scared or in pain and has no way of telling me. I have to use a lift in order to move him for his bed to his chair and back again....and I have to change his diapers. Before he got to this point he cried to me how he didn't want to live anymore, but because of his faith he felt he could not end his life. This might be unpopular also, but I don't have the faith restrictions he does and I wish there was a legal way for me to help him out of this hell. I truly wish that the churches would give people the ok that are in this type of terminal situation they are allowed to end their own suffering and the law for sure should be on the side of not suffering.</div>
</div>
"Just want to say that I very much agree" And you make unverifiable claim that someone committed suicide and it is because of this chase and not because they had their own choice that here you claim they should have. You just go willy , nilly , to and fro whatever suits at the moment.
07-07-2015, 05:34 AM,
Casting - Is it a hoax?
@Guest10 That was a pretty diplomatic post.

What really troubles me about Stephanie attacking Forrest and the Validity of the Treasure is she is only doing so out of Spite. Just one year ago she was posting that she had spoke with Forrest and he was going to do a Question and Answer here at Chasechat. And everything was Hunky Dory. Since that did not happen , here she goes again with Bigger and more Serious Accusations that are not Verifiable. And I don't mean that she should be posting Manipulated Emails. She Obviously had Enticed Responses Based on Her Way of Communicating with People. I showed how Stephanie Posted Sexual Innuendo's towards me . Not Me enticing or even wanting such behavior. It is Obvious her way of Manipulating People. But to claim someone who is actually just some Anonymous Person had Committed Suicide is wayyyy over the line.

Stephanie has revealed what she wants and that is to Look at Forrests , Dals and whoever else she Drew into her Manipulation , their Computers (as she has admitted so). Looks like a Last Resort Method of Getting Something Like Inside Information but by Force Now instead of Seduction. You may wonder why I keep posting on this discussion. Because if I don't then Stephanie can keep making what may very well be an outright lie. And if a person tells a lie long enough people believe it. Also she should stop for her own benefit because there is nothing good that can come out of what she is doing other than some satisfaction of putting one over on Dal or Forrest or just plain everyone of us . Maybe we can talk her off of the ledge of destruction. She is pretending to be a champion of the searchers where the end justifies the means. She may be fooling herself and her close knit minions but not the majority for sure.
07-07-2015, 07:47 AM,
Casting - Is it a hoax?

<b>Quote from endofthechase on July 6, 2015, 4:13 pm</b>

We could put this whole thing to rest if we would just go get the darn thing. If it is really out there. BTW has anyone noticed the other chase forums facination with having pics sent to him on the other ff site. I think someone accidently sent ff a pic with the location in the background and ff's buddy knows about it and it trying to get it.
</div>

Good morning endofthechase and welcome...I would appreciate your thoughts on a comment of yours (yesterday on Dal's) that mentioned "the increase in chatter lately leads me to believe that someone sent forrest information indicating that they are close to the location but have not been able to solve the poem." Does this relate to the recent increase to now 2 separate search groups being within a certain distance comment? I imagine I miss a lot of what is said on HOD...so I was curious what you were saying. Thanks

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hint, hoax or 7%er Top Secret 93 10,787 05-08-2019, 08:50 PM
Last Post: Daniel A
  My finding the treasure was all a Hoax, guys. Gordon Lightfoot 37 13,830 07-28-2017, 07:36 AM
Last Post: old drum
  Ruh roh...Linda is back. Its a hoax! romeofoxtrot 13 7,057 08-31-2016, 07:17 PM
Last Post: timberwolf
  Dal's view of the hoax issue DaisyMae 53 29,608 08-19-2016, 01:28 PM
Last Post: njfl
Big Grin No HOAX folks?? Project Why 15 6,948 08-17-2016, 01:33 PM
Last Post: fundamental design
  For those who think its a hoax. Hammertime 0 1,289 07-22-2016, 10:44 AM
Last Post: Hammertime