Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Live Interview KVSF 101.5 10am Santa Fe time
09-17-2015, 12:57 PM,
RE: Live Interview KVSF 101.5 10am Santa Fe time
(09-17-2015, 12:36 PM)astree Wrote:
(09-17-2015, 12:10 PM)Ritt Jordan Wrote:
(09-17-2015, 05:33 AM)astree Wrote: .
http://clubthrifty.com/forrest-fenn-an-interview/

July 2013, so before RJ e-mail

Where the Treasure Lies
By Forrest Fenn

As I have gone alone in there
And with my treasures bold,

Sorry Astree, this was only the reporter, Holly Johnson, labeling the poem as "Where the Treasure Lies". Forrest even said as late as Jan 2104 says there is none. and he never even thought about it.

Who do you believe, Forrest or some reporter? I think f knows best!

I believe Forrest would know better. Did he tell you specifically that Holly did that, or did Holly say it? I was curious about that conflict with your Forrest quote in previous post, and thought maybe he forgot.

It would be poor reporting for the reporter to label the poem like that, without making it clear that it was her title. But, unfortunately, within the realm of many poor reporting that have been done.

I believe that astree is correct, Ritt.

If one Googles "Where the treasure lies" and "Fenn," one finds a number of references to this as the title, including a piece in Newsweek that Forrest apparently penned himself. It is unlikely in the extreme that this particular reporter pulled precisely the same title out of thin air.

In the big scheme of things, however, I suspect it's not an important question, although the fact that a double T (TT = pi) is hiding in the middle of WTTL just caught my eye.
09-17-2015, 01:12 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-17-2015, 01:14 PM by Buddy Allen.)
(09-17-2015, 12:43 PM)Hammertime Wrote: [quote='HarryFool' pid='70323' dateline='1442509126']
Which bit of F's "Don't mess with my poem" do you fail to understand?

Im 99.999% sure in my mind that he meant dont "eat" on/with my poem. But most people let FF get into their head which will block out any imagination of using the poem outside of the mess hall.
I bet he could have been more specific.. but he wasnt.

Profound, eating with the poem may have cost us 5 years.
09-17-2015, 01:20 PM,
Live Interview KVSF 101.5 10am Santa Fe time
I still think this is a reverent title that was pulled for the reason aforementioned,
If I was a reporter naming a poem about treasure I wouldn't call it " where the treasure lies" makes no sense " where the treasure is buried" makes more sense.
So I feel Fenn either created it or intervened and told her to change it to "lies"
Either way , the "w:here" still plays,
The odds are to high that a random poem title also reinforces Fenns need to clarify Trove Law in all things regarding the legal status of the chest.

So we know why he wrote or changed it like that, but now I want to know why he is trying to BURY it.

Notice I didn't say " trying to LAY it.
09-17-2015, 01:30 PM,
(09-17-2015, 12:57 PM)Eliza Wrote:

Where the Treasure Lies
By Forrest Fenn

Sorry Astree, this was only the reporter, Holly Johnson, labeling the poem as "Where the Treasure Lies". Forrest even said as late as Jan 2104 says there is none. and he never even thought about it.

I believe Forrest would know better. Did he tell you specifically that Holly did that, or did Holly say it? I was curious about that conflict with your Forrest quote in previous post, and thought maybe he forgot.

It would be poor reporting for the reporter to label the poem like that, without making it clear that it was her title. But, unfortunately, within the realm of many poor reporting that have been done.

If one Googles "Where the treasure lies" and "Fenn," one finds a number of references to this as the title, including a piece in Newsweek that Forrest apparently penned himself. It is unlikely in the extreme that this particular reporter pulled precisely the same title out of thin air.

In the big scheme of things, however, I suspect it's not an important question, although the fact that a double T (TT = pi) is hiding in the middle of WTTL just caught my eye.

So, you don't believe Forrest either! I think you are saying that he is a liar. He just said it "should be" TTOTC. Why don't you email him and ask if he titled the poem Where the Treasure Lies.
09-17-2015, 01:38 PM,
(09-17-2015, 01:20 PM)true north Wrote: If I was a reporter naming a poem about treasure I wouldn't call it " where the treasure lies" makes no sense " where the treasure is buried" makes more sense.
So I feel Fenn either created it or intervened and told her to change it to "lies"

It makes sense if this is all a hoax.

Where the treasure LIES
Then the poem reads into all its false hopes.
09-17-2015, 01:40 PM,
The 'article' referenced by Eliza is interesting. It's a 1:00am post from FF himself. The title of the post is WTTL, but only content under the post is the poem itself. I'm not sure that is enough to call WTTL the poem's title, esp. in light of the later email.
09-17-2015, 01:43 PM,
(09-17-2015, 12:57 PM)Eliza Wrote:

Where the Treasure Lies
By Forrest Fenn

So, you don't believe Forrest either! I think you are saying that he is a liar. He just said it "should be" TTOTC. Why don't you email him and ask if he titled the poem Where the Treasure Lies.
09-17-2015, 02:12 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-17-2015, 02:36 PM by astree.)
(09-17-2015, 01:20 PM)true north Wrote: .
So we know why he wrote or changed it like that, but now I want to know why he is trying to BURY it.

Notice I didn't say " trying to LAY it.

Quite funny, as usual, tn.

( check the first letter of 2nd line of each verse )
Smile
=====

DON’T RESEARCH...THINK!!!

https://www.allmovie.com/movie/v46056

WP (stock symbol)
09-17-2015, 02:12 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-17-2015, 03:34 PM by phoenix.)
(09-16-2015, 07:04 PM)Milan Wrote:
(09-16-2015, 06:54 PM)phoenix Wrote: Mindy Mindy Mindy- Sounds like sour grapes to me. Your comment of coaching is a personal affront to Mr Fenn's character. I can understand your frustration not having a clue. And to buy Briggs' book proves a foolish act of desperation.

Paranoia is the devil's ruse...

phoenix - Mr. Fenn, is that you? Glad you're joining us on CC!

No Milan, just a smart fellow, but thank you for the welcome.

There are but two past tense verbs in the poem- gone and done.

Best to you sir
09-17-2015, 02:26 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-17-2015, 02:33 PM by CaptainChaos.)
I find it funny Mindy is cooking her book

Burning her book for a clue

Maybe TTOTC is a scratch and sniff or a lick n snicker

Now there's a clue for someone

Next people are gonna be eating the damn thing fora clue

I should take that back
I spilled catsup on my copy and it actually tasted like chicken

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I saw the interview with Lorene Mills last night for the first time, and you know... Gordon Lightfoot 33 4,650 12-29-2018, 02:16 AM
Last Post: easternOHsteve
  Santa Iron , Santa Fe..nn Hammertime 0 1,683 04-12-2016, 01:56 PM
Last Post: Hammertime
  I Live in New Mexico right next to Santa Fe....Where? lkjackson321 2 1,950 06-29-2014, 02:38 AM
Last Post: Eldorado