Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Take a sandwich and a flashlight
04-21-2018, 07:49 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-21-2018, 08:10 PM by Gilagin.)
Take a sandwich and a flashlight
I am happy with my solve, but there has always been one thing that f said that troubled me and that was to take a sandwich and a flashlight. After four years it occurred to me this morning that when f said after finding The Home of Brown you could walk right to the treasure. Well in my solve if you started walking in the early morn you would not get there till the late PM. Therefore a flashlight and a sandwich would come in very handy.
04-21-2018, 08:33 AM,
RE: Bring a sandwich and a flashlight
You need a flashlight because after you witness the special event when the sun goes down, the search area gets dark quickly. You also need a sandwich because this event occurs around dinner time and you will be hungry. It also gets cold very quickly, but it's worth it. Smile
04-21-2018, 08:56 AM,
(04-21-2018, 08:33 AM)Milan Wrote: You need a flashlight because after you witness the special event when the sun goes down, the search area gets dark quickly. You also need a sandwich because this event occurs around dinner time and you will be hungry. It also gets cold very quickly, but it's worth it. Smile

Milan, yes I know about the quickness of dusk and the cold, I've been there a few times, but since I have narrowed my search to about 400ft. But, the distance between the HOB and my solve could be driven in about twenty minutes. If walked that sandwich and flashlight would be welcomed.

Remember he said he made two trips from the car in one afternoon, and it is my belief at the age when he hid it; it would have been less than a mile walk from where he parked the car. I don't believe he would have done in late afternoon hours, or darkness unless the location was heavily visited during the daylight hours and the cover of darkness was necessary. Also remember he said there were no human trails in close proximity so that would pretty much rule out crowds. I just believe because he had his car, there would be no reason for him to arrive so late that darkness would favor his hiding spot. If so he would have made both trips in the dark.
04-21-2018, 09:34 AM,
sandwich can be a verb, btw.
04-21-2018, 09:44 AM,
(04-21-2018, 09:34 AM)nkown Wrote: sandwich can be a verb, btw.

Best interpretation, imo.
04-21-2018, 09:51 AM,
Dang. I always thought he said "bring a sand wedge". Just one of many golf references. Which is why I keep searching those golf courses!

What kind of sandwiches do you prefer, gilagin? If it is southern-style pimento cheese, go easy on the cayenne pepper.
04-21-2018, 10:46 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-21-2018, 11:45 AM by Gilagin.)
(04-21-2018, 09:51 AM)Beavertooth Wrote: Dang. I always thought he said "bring a sand wedge". Just one of many golf references. Which is why I keep searching those golf courses!

What kind of sandwiches do you prefer, gilagin? If it is southern-style pimento cheese, go easy on the cayenne pepper.

If your buying, beggars can't be choosers.

(04-21-2018, 09:34 AM)nkown Wrote: sandwich can be a verb, btw.

nkown, what verb do you think fits? I don't see Squeeze, Pack-in, Cram, Slot or insert as workable when the second item is Flashlight, (a noun).

(04-21-2018, 09:51 AM)Beavertooth Wrote: Dang. I always thought he said "bring a sand wedge". Just one of many golf references. Which is why I keep searching those golf courses!

BT, on second thought, it depends how far south you are talking about? My grandmother made some vicious sandwiches using jalapenos and pulled pork.
04-21-2018, 01:04 PM,
This is a genius comment from ff.
04-21-2018, 04:48 PM,
As the majority of my teachers from Elementary school through High School will tell you I was reminded quite often to pay closer attention in class, so this instruction from Mr. Fenn finds me asking another question,... Did he say ‘bring’ a sandwich, or ‘take’ a sandwich?
The right blaze..
04-21-2018, 04:53 PM,
(04-21-2018, 04:48 PM)whatiff Wrote: As the majority of my teachers from Elementary school through High School will tell you I was reminded quite often to pay closer attention in class, so this instruction from Mr. Fenn finds me asking another question,... Did he say ‘bring’ a sandwich, or ‘take’ a sandwich?

bring

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sandwich/Flashlight/Teeth/Friend/Car running Riddlemethat 4 1,097 03-27-2019, 09:07 AM
Last Post: Beavertooth
  A Flashlight, A Blaze and a gut feeling walk into a bar... monkeyking 4 2,473 08-01-2018, 02:16 AM
Last Post: DeeepThnkr
  Sandwich and a Flashlight Quack Quack 2 1,626 04-18-2018, 06:14 PM
Last Post: Quack Quack
  Flashlight and a Sandwich GoneAlone 5 4,535 08-10-2017, 11:06 PM
Last Post: timrawa
  For those searching at night (flashlight suggestion) Andrew Jef 14 3,669 03-11-2017, 08:55 PM
Last Post: Beavertooth
  Grandma's flashlight treasure 23kachinas 7 5,649 10-29-2015, 11:22 PM
Last Post: marie.akridge