Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Misquoted or groundbreaking clue?
04-23-2018, 07:36 AM,
Misquoted or groundbreaking clue?
"While he didn't find the treasure during the episode the man stated that he hid the treasure one day while his wife wasn't home and he was back before she got home. She never even knew about it, so it can't be terribly far from his home."

From an Josh Gates episode for his series Expedition Unknown.
Comes from a comment by Colleen Herrel

Is this statement misquoted? If so, please provide the exact quote.
Otherwise this is a HUGE clue that seemed to go over everyone's head.
Basically Fenn is saying, if this is the exact quote, that the chest is in New Mexico.
04-23-2018, 07:47 AM,
RE: Misquoted or groundbreaking clue?
(04-23-2018, 07:36 AM)filmguy Wrote: "While he didn't find the treasure during the episode the man stated that he hid the treasure one day while his wife wasn't home and he was back before she got home. She never even knew about it, so it can't be terribly far from his home."

Basically Fenn is saying, if this is the exact quote, that the chest is in New Mexico.

What if she had gone on a one-week trip to visit relatives, vacation with friends, etc? Statement might still be accurate even though he had time to drive to Montana and back.
04-23-2018, 08:09 AM,
"I say its 4 hours away from his home. Thats why take a sandwich..."

Agree 100%

But my theory has always been because the book is sold in Santa Fe and no where else.
Because the book says north of Santa Fe (and NOT in the Rockies).
Because Fenn expanded the search to the Rocky Mountains only when the chase became popular.
Because I don't see an 80 yr old driving from NM to Montana and back (those that can drive at all).
04-23-2018, 08:28 AM,
Would it be interesting if the whole state of Alaska was included? I'd figure, Nome. Smile
04-23-2018, 08:49 AM,
(04-23-2018, 07:36 AM)filmguy Wrote: "While he didn't find the treasure during the episode the man stated that he hid the treasure one day while his wife wasn't home and he was back before she got home. She never even knew about it, so it can't be terribly far from his home."

Could someone provide a link, so we can read the comment in context? Thanks.
=====

DON’T RESEARCH...THINK!!!

https://www.allmovie.com/movie/v46056

WP (stock symbol)
04-23-2018, 09:01 AM,
It was from the comment section on the Yahoo article.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/millionaire-h...24925.html
04-23-2018, 09:14 AM,
a few things:

1) ff is (or was) I pilot. NFBTFTW could be a very different distance for a pilot. At a modest 225 knots that means that he could fly from SF, NM to Denver (or a small FBO nearby) in a little over an hour. To an ant a mud puddle is an ocean. To a pilot, 200 miles is not far.

2) Sandwich is not necessarily something you eat. You can sandwich two things together. You can sandwich between two people in the backseat of a car. Perhaps you should put to things together and shine some light on them.

Having read so many posts on these sites I'm surprised that very few seek a *system* in order to figure out the puzzle(s). If ff created a great puzzle (I think he has) then it must have a number of mechanisms which can be applied more than once. If instead it is a bunch of one-off clues / hints then it's impossible to verify which would be correct and worth pursuing. Instead, think of these clues in relation to all others and see what they have in common. Then apply that.
04-23-2018, 10:04 AM,
Does ff even still have a pilot license? I would hope not and if not when did it expire?
I wouldn't want an 80 yr old flying over my neighborhood.
04-23-2018, 10:24 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-23-2018, 10:33 AM by astree.)
(04-23-2018, 08:49 AM)astree Wrote:

Could someone provide a link, so we can read the comment in context? Thanks.

Thanks for that, filmguy. Colleen's "the man" seems to be Forrest Fenn, although her sentence is confusing because just before that she mentions Josh Gates. I'd need to watch the Episode to see if Colleen is correctly quoting Forrest, or Forrest at all.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=EL...RsbGUNkWsw

As well, an alternate scenario is Beavertooth above.

The quote definitely catches the attention, and agree with you, could be critical on a checklist against a solve.

(edit, add)

The following summary of the episode makes it sound as though it is Gates guess as to how long Fenn was away (so maybe Colleen's "the man" does refer to Gates:

http://www.rottenworks.com/index.php/201...re-s02e06/

"....So even if you were within a 1,000 feet, how would you know? But Josh makes a couple of good points.

Fenn was in failing health when he hid the treasure. He wasn’t away from home for very long, meaning a day trip to drop the treasure off and return home the same day. It also makes sense that the terrain would need to be fairly uniform and gentle since the treasure would be heavy and was carried."
=====

DON’T RESEARCH...THINK!!!

https://www.allmovie.com/movie/v46056

WP (stock symbol)