Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Open Letter to Forrest
02-09-2014, 05:43 PM,
Open Letter to Forrest
Maybe we just discovered a rule we hadn't known. Boasting might result in a backfire (no person in mind when I say that).
02-09-2014, 05:57 PM,
Open Letter to Forrest
Yes I did I want everyone to know that there have been times where I thought This chase was not for ME because of emotions involved. I understand and respect that the place was and is very special to Forrest. Then there's the fact that just like Me Others have spent a lot of time and money on this search and it would also be heartbreaking to them for this to end.I also know that there are many other lost treasures to go search for where finding them would have a lot less impact on others. But at the same time this chase is very challenging and interesting . Also the finder could achieve top pro. Status . Unsure that it would be so good of a thing.So Just PEACE
02-09-2014, 06:03 PM,
Open Letter to Forrest
Notes to self, Feb 9th, 2014

Send good thoughts to Santa Fe, Nora, and Stephanie...

Send extra good thoughts to Milan and Woody....

Will…did not send the letter… I am obviously not a writer but attempted format as a literary device so will not be getting a reply… I have sent Forrest plenty of “ramblings of junk”….tried to keep my correspondence to a minimum with one liners thanking him for certain positives he has been a part of in the last months.

Milan, I think you misunderstood my post…..

Woody, I think you understood my post but for reasons unknown to me have hit a raw nerve with you… Don’t mean to threaten any insecurities you might have toward me, I generally would rather make peace. Ironically, before your hostilities, you were an identity who I complimented and admired and told another person I wish I was more like you. My bad, for putting you on a pedestal since you have fallen much further than was fair. I rather think I am pretty average, maybe a bit handicapped with certain physical abilities and learning disabilities but this is not a party for me and I really believe in treating others as how I would wish to be treated. As I tell my son, I have plenty of shortcomings if you want to look. I generally won’t list them for you. I would want someone to call me on it if I was being unfair; so I will call you on it.

Recap for anyone not understanding my post:

1)There are at least two types of people in this world: those who stop and help and those who don’t: I hope the first type finds the chest and I would like to think Forrest hopes the first kind finds the chest. (dam it Woody, get back in the first group) Smile  I like to think of myself in the first group most of the time and there are things we can do for each other which will make us part of the first group.

2) For whatever reason Forrest has been increasing clues; I am throwing some lame ideas out there as to possibly why. I have not written to Forrest about my thoughts on a solve for a long time. I am not included in “a recent solve”.

3) Even Forrest might possibly make some mistakes: Let’s say in 4 months he has given out so many clues that a thousand people decide to go to his special place? Please review the Black Friday Walmart videos on youtube and tell me if you wish for that kind of ending. I would personally run the other way. Forrest is wiser than most, he makes fewer mistakes in general than the rest of us unless you speak to Peggy. Wink

4) I am leaving the possibility open that communication online potentially causes misunderstanding(thanks Nora and Stephanie). I have a dry sense of humor which at times in misunderstood and that is why I put my Norwegian sweater on. If you are throwing fish at me, you may have missed this sentence: I hope the finder has the following traits: humble, kind, honest, competent, fair, wise and likes to laugh (not qualities I necessarily have, but at least aspire to). If you don’t like these traits I hope you receive help from someone. If you have some constructive criticism for me, I am open and believe we are all hopefully learning to be kind to each other.

02-09-2014, 06:24 PM,
Open Letter to Forrest

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:
<b>Quote from ricky nowak on February 9, 2014, 3:45 pm</b>

And if you are often described as arrogant or mean and you recently emailed your correct solve to Forrest, please email me so that we can corroborate and I can help you become a better person Wink

</div>

you are asking for someone who is described as arrogant or mean who emailed a correct solve to forrest

im curious why you think all these variables are involved

you are talking almost like someone who has inside information. that you know someone has emailed a correct solve to f AND they are described as arrogant and mean

how could you possibly know this? and if its something you've deduced, what could you possibly be basing that on? just curious
02-09-2014, 06:26 PM,
Open Letter to Forrest
I may have taken it wrong . But I would never send FF a letter of the kind. Glad you didn't send it but am pretty sure he will see it.
02-09-2014, 07:04 PM,
Open Letter to Forrest

<b>Quote from ricky nowak on February 9, 2014, 3:45 pm</b>

The following is an uneducated hypothesis to a theoretical circumstance and purely a guess as to what has occurred.
</div>
Chris...

Like most of my world, it is only happening in my head. No insider information. It is a hypothetical exercise in adding 2 and 2 and not coming up with 42.

In my mind, there is clearly an increase in clues/hints. I could be wrong, but I don't think he wants a "lord of the flies" in the end.(maybe this assumption is wrong on my part, I don't think so) I think an increase in clues may have unintended results in the end(my opinion - as I stated, I am not unbiased in my conclusions and I admit to weeding through my own self interests)

My theory of someone who is mean or arrogant communicating with Forrest is totally hypothetical and relies on a number of assumptions to become a possible explanation of why Forrest would "level the playing fields". 1) that Forrest has some personal investment in lessoning the odds of this person finding it(big assumption on my part) 1.5) that Forrest actually gives a s#$% about the personality of the finder 2)That getting more people further along at this point in time will resolve the first dilemma.(possibly a hair brained idea on my part).

As Nora mentioned, my later theory of him becoming tired and bored of pointing out the elephant in the room has resulted in his patience wearing thin and may actually be more plausible. Maybe the first theory only demonstrates my own insecurities.(I repeat that I have not shared any of my hair-brained ideas as to where it is, for a very long time and my solutions are no easier to understand then my posts) This was just a couple of possible explanations as to the increase in clues. (and I guess I would have to convince you first of the increase in clues) Maybe I'll go back to my mavericky fantasy world. It seems that everyone in it understands me and there are flutterbies everywhere. Good Luck to you all.
02-09-2014, 07:10 PM,
Open Letter to Forrest
Fenn's game-Fenn's rules either you play or you dont...d
02-09-2014, 07:21 PM,
Open Letter to Forrest
Surely Fenn knows about the three fates from their arguing during his cancer experience.
02-09-2014, 07:53 PM,
Open Letter to Forrest

<b>Quote from ricky nowak on February 9, 2014, 6:03 pm</b>

I hope the finder has the following traits: humble, kind, honest, competent, fair, [and] wise
</div>

Like the other Nowak has said, nobody is all good or all evil.

I can be humble, but in the middle of a snowstorm on a mountain with less experienced climbers, I will command people to follow and I will not accept dissent.

I can be kind, but if someone is unkind to me or someone I love, I will respond with unkindness, sometimes to the extent that I make them curl into a ball and cry. I do not turn the other cheek.

I am honest, but sometimes I don't tell what doesn't need to be told. Sometimes I lie if there is extraordinary benefit, or reduction in detrimental effect, to me or others, by doing so.

I am competent. Unless I'm playing a musical instrument, or doing any one of a million other things.

I'm fair. Or at least, I like going to fairs.

Wise? Not so much. Fortunately I have a lot of years yet to work on this one.

Does that make me an undesirable person to Mr. Fenn? Shrug. I have considered it. (I haven't sent him a solution in many months). In the end, though, I am who I am, and plan to continue going on being who I am.

Also worth noting, Mr. Fenn, more than most of us knows, "it doesn't matter who you are, it only matters who they think you are." Can we be 100% sure we know who anyone is from their online persona? In most cases, I think we can get a decent idea of someone's personality. But people are complex things, and having only read the online postings of someone doesn't really do justice to understanding who a person really is. Are there abusers, molesters, stalkers among us? Probably, statistically speaking. But it may be the person with the nicest online persona.
02-09-2014, 08:02 PM,
Open Letter to Forrest
There is some things that need to be addressed . FF said that the person will go with confidence. The person that is confident in there solve will think that they have it figured out . I have been guilty of that myself. We soon find out after a search or two that it needs some fine tuning or flat isn't there.So we all go back and re figure or it leads us to to a leading conclusion that is on going. I think that many take confidence as being arrogant and adamant as being mean. I think there is a fine line between the two depending on the personality and experience that that person has endured in his or her life. So FF had to expect that everyone is different in these aspects. This chase is equal for everyone in that aspect . The experience and or knowledge one has is def.is going to make it unequal to a degree Im sure ff understands that running an art gallery .

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  My open apology to Forrest Fenn - BK BKCALIEast 2 408 07-09-2020, 08:05 PM
Last Post: BKCALIEast
  Open-mic improv solve Deano 6 300 06-27-2020, 08:55 PM
Last Post: wildfuntear
  Letter sent to Forrest... danthetireman 11 2,928 06-28-2019, 05:43 AM
Last Post: kaotkbliss
  9-Letter Key Word bucky48 29 21,932 07-28-2017, 01:19 PM
Last Post: hawkeye
  open letter to CC lostowl 36 18,187 06-22-2017, 03:52 PM
Last Post: RahRah