Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
That Burnin' Ring
05-30-2018, 08:42 AM,
That Burnin' Ring
So now I sit here past midnight, beside my juniper fire, reflecting back to the year when my awareness took its first few steps.

Fortunately the bell rang about that time and I was out of there like a cannon ball on fire.

It was on the second floor, and a beautiful old iron, slide-down fire escape was just outside that window.

At night they built a large fire in them middle and five or six girls of all ages danced around it, their hands swishing long skirts back and forth to the beat of Cajun accordions and harmonica music.

The screen was easy to unlatch so I'd jump to the ground and run as fast as I could through the cemetery and across a wide field toward the firelight.

I always stayed until the fire died down and the music stopped.

When my mother told me I'd been fired I just stood there while the sun went behind a cloud.

It killed me for sure, getting fired I mean, and all of a sudden I saw my stupid ex-boss for what he really was - a fat, baldheaded, hulk of a dirty name.

The Ruler thought both excuses were pretty lame and he fired me right there in the dessert section of the cafe.

Most of the crowd fled the scene, and my mother said it looked like a Chinese fire drill.

Well, the first night we couldn't get the dumb fire started, and we had already used most of our matches, so we very wisely wadded the map and hoped that we would be forgiven that one small foible.

It worked and as the fire crackled and our horses wandered off, we ate our three candy bars and talked long into the night.

They put heavy doses of saltpeter in the food and built huge bonfires at night so the cadets could herd in close and sing songs like the one Romberg wrote:
Give me some men who are stout-hearted men,
Who will fight, for the right they adore,
Start me with ten who are stout-hearted men,
And I'll soon give you ten thousand more.
Shoulder to shoulder and bolder and bolder,
They grow as they go to the fore.
Then there's nothing in the world can halt or mar a plan,
When stout-hearted men can stick together man to man.

Then, with only a second's pause, the fun started as 16,ooo pounds of thrust and fire exploded from our tailpipes through silver-plated titanium eyelids that quickly moved in and out, then settled on an optimum temperature that gave maximum power.

My canopy had been shattered by gunfire, but large, jagged pieces of thick plastic were still attached to the aluminum framework just above my head.

The fireball was huge and I knew it would attract unwanted attention.

(From seven miles away he had been the first to say I was on fire.)

One evening my father was sitting on a banco near the fireplace in my office at the gallery, pretending to read a magazine, while I concluded a transaction with two clients.

focus (n.) 1640s, "point of convergence," from Latin focus "hearth, fireplace"
05-30-2018, 09:50 AM,
RE: That Burnin' Ring
Also many sentences in TTOTC with water, wind, or window. But only one for earth and one for planet.
05-30-2018, 11:06 AM,
TarryScant.com has many results for "fire"
ff has used "Forrest Fire" as his name on blogs
I personally believe that the first of the 2 omegas is the "Firehole" river... a "Burnin' Ring" as you say. I think this opposes the last omega, or mega "O", which I believe is cold. Like the "warm" and "cold" words in the poem.
Nice breakdown of the various uses above.
Ω  200 ft. Club  Ω
05-30-2018, 11:34 AM,
(05-30-2018, 09:50 AM)Beavertooth Wrote: Also many sentences in TTOTC with water, wind, or window. But only one for earth and one for planet.

Yes. He used "window" 14 times in TTOTC and wind, windy, and windscreen:

(1)and sometimes I think I can still hear it when the wind is out of the
(2)windscreen was a deep green and covered with trees 300 feet high
(3)didn't help that the wind blast during ejection had jerked the helmet
(4)of wind and noise blasted me to my core. The high bluffs behind me
(5)But Lubbock was windy, flat and sedentary, and we could hear the

He's made the importance of wind clear.
05-30-2018, 11:48 AM,
(05-30-2018, 09:50 AM)Beavertooth Wrote: Also many sentences in TTOTC with water, wind, or window. But only one for earth and one for planet.

Well I guess the treasure is on planet earth.
05-30-2018, 11:56 AM,
(05-30-2018, 11:48 AM)Bet Wrote:

Reminds me of one of my favorite quotes from Apocalypse Now:

"I love the smell of sarcasm in the morning." Smile

Keep on keeping on.
05-30-2018, 12:49 PM,
(05-30-2018, 11:48 AM)Bet Wrote:

I think so, although it might exist only in Forrest's mind. Hard to call. He's a weird dude. I used to hold him in enormous respect. That was based on one event I read about although I never confirmed it, I just believed it. It was in Vietnam. There were American troops pinned down on the ground and Fenn was in his plane above them but out of ammunition. He said that he flew back and forth at ground level between the pinned troops and the enemy until help arrived. I was mightily impressed by that. Unfortunately I was also mightily impressed with how quick he was to wrongly call bullshit on Randy when he disappeared. The one kind of cancelled out the other. He should have been encouraging people to search for Randy. Instead he was shooting up flak which was no help at all. We had a very good chance of finding him as on more than one occasion we searched within tens of feet of where he was found six months later.

Based on the use of the words "earth" and "planet" you can't conclude anything as those words are both expected to occur a few times in 28,000 words of English text.
05-30-2018, 05:46 PM,
Ok, here's my read on a few of these: he uses "out OF the window" most of the time but in the one you listed John he drops the "of". Read up on the proper use of OF in relation to Out of the window vs out the window. As you do think about being in the wood. One can look out a window but you can't look out OF a window unless you are IN the glass. The idea of a doorway and a window frame being a HOLE. Romberg's song isn't quoted correctly in book. Where halt is should be stall(f mentions his father rebuilding their house and barn and stalls) and where mar is should be halt. Mar is to mark, but based on what I have found within poem/book and a map the hint is Bolder and Bolder(boulder and boulder) and tells you how he hid the TC. There is an anagram that tells you to meld Romberg song with Fechin but not in those exact words, it uses Brawl song and Fechin plus some other key words. There is a video is connected to Fechin about a man building a stone fence.... The Gypsy fire gives you the Phoenix. It gives you the weak Barn. It may give you the win. His jet wasn't charging the sky and lightning charges the sky so conclusion is lightning isn't heavy loads from poem even though poem suggests as much with Ben F in next line. Heavy loads is weight, wait/linger. Water high is bank/shore. Line 1 a loan in there is a bank/shore. Line 1 Heaven is a shore....
06-06-2018, 03:34 PM,
[quote="John Brown" pid='199197' dateline='1527687731']
So now I sit here past midnight, beside my juniper fire, reflecting back to the year when my awareness took its first few steps.

Fortunately the bell rang about that time and I was out of there like a cannon ball on fire.

It was on the second floor, and a beautiful old iron, slide-down fire escape was just outside that window.

At night they built a large fire in them middle and five or six girls of all ages danced around it, their hands swishing long skirts back and forth to the beat of Cajun accordions and harmonica music.

The screen was easy to unlatch so I'd jump to the ground and run as fast as I could through the cemetery and across a wide field toward the firelight.

I always stayed until the fire died down and the music stopped.

When my mother told me I'd been fired I just stood there while the sun went behind a cloud.

It killed me for sure, getting fired I mean, and all of a sudden I saw my stupid ex-boss for what he really was - a fat, baldheaded, hulk of a dirty name.

The Ruler thought both excuses were pretty lame and he fired me right there in the dessert section of the cafe.

Most of the crowd fled the scene, and my mother said it looked like a Chinese fire drill.

Well, the first night we couldn't get the dumb fire started, and we had already used most of our matches, so we very wisely wadded the map and hoped that we would be forgiven that one small foible.

It worked and as the fire crackled and our horses wandered off, we ate our three candy bars and talked long into the night.

They put heavy doses of saltpeter in the food and built huge bonfires at night so the cadets could herd in close and sing songs like the one Romberg wrote:
Give me some men who are stout-hearted men,
Who will fight, for the right they adore,
Start me with ten who are stout-hearted men,
And I'll soon give you ten thousand more.
Shoulder to shoulder and bolder and bolder,
They grow as they go to the fore.
Then there's nothing in the world can halt or mar a plan,
When stout-hearted men can stick together man to man.

Then, with only a second's pause, the fun started as 16,ooo pounds of thrust and fire exploded from our tailpipes through silver-plated titanium eyelids that quickly moved in and out, then settled on an optimum temperature that gave maximum power.

My canopy had been shattered by gunfire, but large, jagged pieces of thick plastic were still attached to the aluminum framework just above my head.

The fireball was huge and I knew it would attract unwanted attention.

(From seven miles away he had been the first to say I was on fire.)

One evening my father was sitting on a banco near the fireplace in my office at the gallery, pretending to read a magazine, while I concluded a transaction with two clients.

focus (n.) 1640s, "point of convergence," from Latin focus "hearth, fireplace"
[/quote

First time posting here. Love your observation. Fireplace!
06-06-2018, 07:06 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-06-2018, 07:08 PM by DeeepThnkr.)
Another name for a fireplace is hob. He shows his feet warming up next to a fireplace. If you see a fire could you found a fire? Could you be on a fire tower? Where are other places that could be called fireplaces? Volcanos, matches, unemployment offices, stoves, sun, etc. I like the story about Gallatin and map cause they "WISELY" wadded up the map of Gallatin to found a BLAZE. This is the most glaringly obvious hint to a location on the ground found in book, its why it makes me suspicious. I've posted this year's ago but again for newbies: a BLAZE is a white mark on a horses face and a fire. Heavy loads can be LIGHTNING. His horse Lightning has a BLAZE in the shape of an ARROW. It points DOWN. Ben F/lightning. They burnt the map of Gallatin. Poem: just heavy loads and water high. If youve Ben Wise and found the BLAZE look quickly DOWN. Where warm waterS, waterS halt. Plural. Highway 212. Did you know that the small portion of Highway 212 that crosses the BORDER into Wy was called Highway 32. That's plural of waters halting 212/32. Guess which road takes you to Gallatin Forest? 212. Could be a consequence but he did do it wheeled.

Oh and the freeway signs have a downward facing arrow like Lightnings blaze.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lumbers and numbers, a man shall ring a bell to raise the DeeepThnkr 0 604 07-14-2018, 11:37 AM
Last Post: DeeepThnkr
  Forrest told a story about finding a diamond ring. mikemarcum878 0 678 06-24-2018, 01:04 PM
Last Post: mikemarcum878
  Forrest told a story about finding a diamond ring. mikemarcum878 0 570 06-24-2018, 01:03 PM
Last Post: mikemarcum878
  Ring my bell Woody Bogg 25 13,127 01-02-2017, 04:11 PM
Last Post: Beavertooth
  Op: Golden Ring Silentfly 8 5,727 07-17-2016, 06:09 PM
Last Post: Silentfly