Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Why the finder should come forward
06-16-2018, 08:50 PM,
RE: Why the finder should come forward
I'm all for all of you giving up, but this isn't over until it's over.
06-16-2018, 11:37 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-16-2018, 11:37 PM by heyoka.)
And for all you know I'm only on here waiting for f to announce me finding it last week.
06-17-2018, 12:06 AM,
Excellent. I'm glad you know it's not there. Hopefully I will find it there anyway. Lol (: trying to make this fun again is such a chore, isn't it?
06-17-2018, 08:43 AM,
This thread reminds of the sixties when we used to say never go straight, only go forward.
06-17-2018, 11:54 AM,
(06-17-2018, 01:23 AM)thrilledtochase Wrote:
(06-16-2018, 03:05 PM)FennMaster Wrote: I don't think the TC would be considered treasure trove.
I think it would fall under abandoned property.

For it to be considered treasure trove:

"...where the treasure seems old enough for it to be presumed that the true owner is dead and the heirs undiscoverable"

Which is clearly not the case with the tc.

Depending on which bureau the definitions of troves may differ. I’m not sure. From what I understood the fact this was designed to be recovered either by the hider or another is what would classify the chest as a trove. Fenn’s poem doesn’t say “why is it that I must go and leave my abandoned property for all to seek?” So I do consider it a trove. Not a legal expert by any means; just a fool who applied for a trove permit lol

Remember how Forrest twists the spellings and definitions of words? Well, trove may not mean what you think it means. In the poem it may mean trophy. It's just spelled a little differently and sounds a little different. Just what Forrest loves to do.

A trophy can be a cup in golf, horse racing, etc. And there IS a trophy image in the search area! It's the same image as the large coffee cup that covered the face of the Borders Bookstore clerk. That same image looks like a bell and a toilet. Hmmm. Has Forrest ever talked about these things?
These are all just my ideas. I hope no one uses them.
06-17-2018, 12:28 PM,
(06-17-2018, 11:54 AM)trigace Wrote:
(06-17-2018, 01:23 AM)thrilledtochase Wrote:
(06-16-2018, 03:05 PM)FennMaster Wrote: I don't think the TC would be considered treasure trove.
I think it would fall under abandoned property.

For it to be considered treasure trove:

"...where the treasure seems old enough for it to be presumed that the true owner is dead and the heirs undiscoverable"

Which is clearly not the case with the tc.

Depending on which bureau the definitions of troves may differ. I’m not sure. From what I understood the fact this was designed to be recovered either by the hider or another is what would classify the chest as a trove. Fenn’s poem doesn’t say “why is it that I must go and leave my abandoned property for all to seek?” So I do consider it a trove. Not a legal expert by any means; just a fool who applied for a trove permit lol

Remember how Forrest twists the spellings and definitions of words? Well, trove may not mean what you think it means. In the poem it may mean trophy. It's just spelled a little differently and sounds a little different. Just what Forrest loves to do.

A trophy can be a cup in golf, horse racing, etc. And there IS a trophy image in the search area! It's the same image as the large coffee cup that covered the face of the Borders Bookstore clerk. That same image looks like a bell and a toilet. Hmmm. Has Forrest ever talked about these things?
Lol...trove can mean anything!
06-17-2018, 01:30 PM,
(06-17-2018, 12:58 PM)FennMaster Wrote: Trove in the poem does not mean the same thing as trove in a legal sense.

The legal definition of Trove in the U.S. requires that the person who buried/hid the "treasure trove" is presumed to be dead(because the treasure has been buried for a long time) and their heirs undiscoverable. And as I mentioned before that is clearly not the case with the TC since everyone knows the person that hid it is Forrest Fenn and he is still alive and his heirs are well known.

That would mean the TC would fall under abandoned property not treasure trove in the "eyes" of the U.S. government.

I agree with this. People cannot change the law....it is what it is and it is clearly defined.
Trigrace....I really like the Trove = trov e trophy. Very nice.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Straight forward Gravity 8 1,094 08-15-2019, 05:36 PM
Last Post: Chris Yates
  The Forward in Forrest's New Book Iron Will 150 54,922 01-07-2019, 11:50 AM
Last Post: trigace
  Spring Forward imsunbuddynow 1 816 03-12-2017, 10:45 AM
Last Post: Gordon Lightfoot
  What will you think about the finder of the TC? Andrew Jef 12 3,221 03-02-2017, 06:17 PM
Last Post: Mindy
  The illusion of straight forward Jack 11 6,389 12-25-2016, 11:34 AM
Last Post: E.C. Waters
  Is this what the winner has too look forward to? The Wolf 5 3,460 09-23-2016, 11:46 PM
Last Post: geydelkon