Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
A bold statement, but I'll make it anyway...
06-28-2018, 08:05 PM,
A bold statement, but I'll make it anyway...
I solved the poem!!!!

Okay, let me rephrase that; I am confident I have solved the poem and am willing to share my solution. The only way to truly know someone has solved the poem is to retrieve the chest.

How many people have claimed to have solved the poem only to find that when they searched the area, the chest wasn’t there. They have suffered from a large case of confirmation bias, not recognizing that they simply discovered yet another general solve and not THE solve. They have an oval peg in a round hole.

Well, I “solved” the poem, albeit in a slightly different way than everyone else on this or any other forum.

Question, what would you do if you solved the poem, understood the poem in a perfect (or near perfect) fashion as well as 95% of TTOTC and you were unable to locate Indulgence?

Well, if you were so confident, you wouldn’t post your solution on a forum.

Maybe sell your solution to the media? Who would believe you, especially when so many others have made bogus claims about finding the treasure or solving the poem?

I’ve agonized about what to do with my solution and insights.

I could write an ebook and publish my solve, but let’s face it, once the solve was published and subsequently discussed in various forums, few people would be interested in purchasing the book. I would basically be giving away something that has immense value for nothing.

I think I have a solution though. I can publish my solve in several parts, with each part giving a searcher critical information to the solve without publishing it all at once. The searcher who could follow along with the solve as it is revealed, and then rush ahead to make their own discoveries before the next section is published would have a distinct advantage.

Now, who would purchase those ebooks, since I already told you that I couldn’t find the chest? Probably no one. I wouldn’t.

So, to demonstrate that my solve is unique, insightful, and virtually undeniable in it’s conclusions, I offer the following.

I am willing to present my complete solution to one or two members of the search community that meet the following criteria and agree to the following terms:

1. They must be someone that the community trusts
2. They must be someone I trust
3. They must be willing to review the solution in it’s entirety
4. They must give their honest feedback into the usefulness of the information presented to the community.
5. They must not disclose aspects of the solve until the ebooks are published.
6. If they would like to search for the treasure in the solve location or a solve location derived from using the first 8 clues of the solve, they may do so. Any treasure recovered would be split 60% me, 40% them.

My hope is that someone can find the chest at my solve location or tweak the approach on the 9th clue and discover the chest for themselves.

Who does the community trust?
06-28-2018, 09:03 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-28-2018, 09:05 PM by dude here.)
RE: A bold statement, but I'll make it anyway...
Forget the ebook idea. You won't make serious money that way. The value is in the chest.

My recommendation would be that couple that does the videos. Toby and Shelly I think. They seem to have the time to run off and hunt anytime. They'll publicize it so that if they do find it, everyone will know they got the idea from you. And frankly, no one would believe it if they said they found it on their own (that's not an insult, it's just they don't seem to be advancing with their solve). With the videos you have evidence.
06-28-2018, 09:17 PM,
What is the walking distance from your warm Waters to your home of Brown? Tell me that and I'll tell you if your right
06-28-2018, 09:21 PM,
(06-28-2018, 09:15 PM)heyoka Wrote: Your account must have just been ok'd by Stephanie. That doesn't let me trust YOU, sorry.

Of course not. And what exactly do you think I'm doing that isn't trustworthy? Offering to share critical information to someone that the community thinks is trustworthy in order to validate the usefulness of my information should make you much less suspicious. The whole purpose of my offer is to build trust and confidence...
06-28-2018, 09:25 PM,
(06-28-2018, 09:17 PM)Thefinderof Wrote: What is the walking distance from your warm Waters to your home of Brown? Tell me that and I'll tell you if your right

Sorry, my solve will be shared with someone the community decides who is trustworthy and someone that I believe is trustworthy. I am not looking for validation on my solve, I know my methodology is correct. I am looking for a trustworthy person to review my solve and post their honest feedback to the community as to their interpretation of the information I have. Pretty straightforward.
06-28-2018, 09:31 PM,
Giving the distance between two spots does not give any clue to your solve. So dancing around the question only tells me you're full of it. So answer the question or go run for office
06-28-2018, 09:31 PM,
(06-28-2018, 09:03 PM)dude here Wrote: Forget the ebook idea. You won't make serious money that way. The value is in the chest.

My recommendation would be that couple that does the videos. Toby and Shelly I think. They seem to have the time to run off and hunt anytime. They'll publicize it so that if they do find it, everyone will know they got the idea from you. And frankly, no one would believe it if they said they found it on their own (that's not an insult, it's just they don't seem to be advancing with their solve). With the videos you have evidence.

I agree the ebook idea won't generate much cash. The value is in the chest. Toby and Shelley are insightful but definitely not on the right track with most of their comments. I appreciate their dedication and enthusiasm for the search; they just haven't stumbled on the correct location and methodology.
06-28-2018, 09:35 PM,
(06-28-2018, 09:31 PM)Thefinderof Wrote: Giving the distance between two spots does not give any clue to your solve. So dancing around the question only tells me you're full of it. So answer the question or go run for office

Just because I don't answer probing questions from a forum member doesn't mean I'm full of it. It means that I stated my preferred way of sharing information, with a trustworthy member of the community whom I trust, and that is what I plan to do.

I appreciate skepticism; the purpose of my methodology is to alleviate skepticism in a controlled manner.

Now, I haven't seen any names of people that the community feels are trustworthy. Do you have someone you would suggest?
06-28-2018, 09:41 PM,
(06-28-2018, 09:31 PM)99.9% solved Wrote:
(06-28-2018, 09:03 PM)dude here Wrote: Forget the ebook idea. You won't make serious money that way. The value is in the chest.

I agree the ebook idea won't generate much cash. The value is in the chest. Toby and Shelley are insightful but definitely not on the right track with most of their comments. I appreciate their dedication and enthusiasm for the search; they just haven't stumbled on the correct location and methodology.

That's why I would go with someone like them. They produce a video saying they are working with someone else's solve (yours) before they go searching. Then they video the search. That way you have documented proof.
06-28-2018, 09:42 PM,
(06-28-2018, 09:35 PM)99.9% solved Wrote:
(06-28-2018, 09:31 PM)Thefinderof Wrote: Giving the distance between two spots does not give any clue to your solve. So dancing around the question only tells me you're full of it. So answer the question or go run for office

Just because I don't answer probing questions from a forum member doesn't mean I'm full of it. It means that I stated my preferred way of sharing information, with a trustworthy member of the community whom I trust, and that is what I plan to do.

I appreciate skepticism; the purpose of my methodology is to alleviate skepticism in a controlled manner.

Now, I haven't seen any names of people that the community feels are trustworthy. Do you have someone you would suggest?

Yes. You can tries me. Now give me the walking distance. It's not hard. Both are on Google Earth. Just get walking directions from one to the other. Answer the question and then I'll know if I should even entertain talking further.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is "with my treasures bold" the hint to WWWH? monkeyking 6 2,702 12-29-2017, 09:21 PM
Last Post: Beavertooth
  Prepare to be Super Bold NTMI 2 1,224 02-06-2017, 08:36 AM
Last Post: NTMI
  Fenn and the Two Trips from the Car Statement...... glock20 141 99,317 08-15-2016, 10:11 AM
Last Post: Tim Nobody
  Linda Bilyeu's Statement Larsonist 122 81,777 03-21-2016, 04:54 PM
Last Post: John Brown
  Anybody bold enough to make a prediction? Buddy Allen 77 66,504 08-26-2015, 05:48 PM
Last Post: samsmith
  And with my gonads bold... Larsonist 5 2,718 04-18-2015, 01:09 PM
Last Post: Ricky Nowak