Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
A bold statement, but I'll make it anyway...
06-28-2018, 09:42 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-28-2018, 09:45 PM by 99.9% solved.)
RE: A bold statement, but I'll make it anyway...
(06-28-2018, 09:32 PM)brubr Wrote: Why not just go search for it yourself??

As I stated in my post above, I searched the area fairly extensively; at least as extensively as one person can reasonably do over many hours. That being said, I might have missed something. The chest has been hidden for 8 years (or possibly as long as 15 years if you believe Forrest's statement that he hid the chest 15 years after he was diagnosed with cancer) and it's possible that any number of acts of nature could make the chest difficult to find at this point. Or maybe I'm just not that good at finding a 10"x10"x5" box... Regardless, I have complete confidence in my solve (for very good reason). I understand confirmation bias and I also understand that for my solve to be wrong there must be a tremendous number of coincidences that have occurred.

(06-28-2018, 09:42 PM)Thefinderof Wrote:
(06-28-2018, 09:35 PM)99.9% solved Wrote:
(06-28-2018, 09:31 PM)Thefinderof Wrote: Giving the distance between two spots does not give any clue to your solve. So dancing around the question only tells me you're full of it. So answer the question or go run for office

Just because I don't answer probing questions from a forum member doesn't mean I'm full of it. It means that I stated my preferred way of sharing information, with a trustworthy member of the community whom I trust, and that is what I plan to do.

I appreciate skepticism; the purpose of my methodology is to alleviate skepticism in a controlled manner.

Now, I haven't seen any names of people that the community feels are trustworthy. Do you have someone you would suggest?

Yes. You can tries me. Now give me the walking distance. It's not hard. Both are on Google Earth. Just get walking directions from one to the other. Answer the question and then I'll know if I should even entertain talking further.

What? I promise you I am not trying to prove anything to any individual member of this forum. If the forum chooses you as it's trustworthy member, then maybe we can talk to see if I trust you. At this point, you are not respecting my approach and seem to feel that I need to prove something to you personally... If you don't have a member of the community to nominate, then I suggest you move on to another thread.
06-28-2018, 09:47 PM,
(06-28-2018, 09:42 PM)99.9% solved Wrote:

As I stated in my post above, I searched the area fairly extensively; at least as extensively as one person can reasonably do over many hours. That being said, I might have missed something. The chest has been hidden for 8 years (or possibly as long as 15 years if you believe Forrest's statement that he hid the chest 15 years after he was diagnosed with cancer) and it's possible that any number of acts of nature could make the chest difficult to find at this point. Or maybe I'm just not that good at finding a 10"x10"x5" box... Regardless, I have complete confidence in my solve (for very good reason). I understand confirmation bias and I also understand that for my solve to be wrong there must be a tremendous number of coincidences that have occurred.

This is a problem because the poem should lead you to an exact spot, not an area. You must not have the last clue solved.
06-28-2018, 09:49 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-28-2018, 09:52 PM by 99.9% solved.)
(06-28-2018, 09:39 PM)brubr Wrote:
(06-28-2018, 09:35 PM)99.9% solved Wrote: Now, I haven't seen any names of people that the community feels are trustworthy. Do you have someone you would suggest?

Are you serious? Are you not paying attention? With all the hate-mongering, sniping, threats, bullying, insults, and personal attacks, is there ANYONE the community believes is "trustworthy"??

Again I ask: why not just go search for it yourself?

I think I answered the search for it yourself question. No, I haven't really been paying attention to the personalities and bullying. It would be a really sad commentary if no one in the search community could be considered in high enough esteem to be deemed trustworthy...

(06-28-2018, 09:47 PM)dude here Wrote:
(06-28-2018, 09:42 PM)99.9% solved Wrote:

This is a problem because the poem should lead you to an exact spot, not an area. You must not have the last clue solved.

It does... Forrest also said that the chest is several steps from the location (more than a few but less than many). What is many? I didn't excavate anything... Is 100' many? 200'?
06-28-2018, 10:48 PM,
I agree with dude. The poem will lead you exactly to the chest. Exactly, straight, confidently to the precise location. no guesswork. no hunting, you will be spot on.
06-28-2018, 10:53 PM,
(06-28-2018, 10:48 PM)5GIRLS Wrote: I agree with dude. The poem will lead you exactly to the chest. Exactly, straight, confidently to the precise location. no guesswork. no hunting, you will be spot on.

Thank you for your comment. That doesn't invalidate my solve or my methodology. Oh, and Forrest does state that the chest is not at the precise location of the solve. You must walk "several" steps to the chest. He also has intimated in interviews that you must look for the chest, that it won't be easy, but that you can find it...
06-28-2018, 11:03 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-28-2018, 11:04 PM by crazyfamily.)
(06-28-2018, 09:49 PM)99.9% solved Wrote: It would be a really sad commentary if no one in the search community could be considered in high enough esteem to be deemed trustworthy...

It's not just that, it's that we've all heard all of this before. I've been privately propositioned to search for someone that I declined because I just didn't believe in their solution - beginning with the state. So, if you can't give at least a little something, then you should expect that no one(with any sanity) will bite.

razyfamily
06-28-2018, 11:08 PM,
(06-28-2018, 11:03 PM)crazyfamily Wrote:
(06-28-2018, 09:49 PM)99.9% solved Wrote: It would be a really sad commentary if no one in the search community could be considered in high enough esteem to be deemed trustworthy...

It's not just that, it's that we've all heard all of this before. I've been privately propositioned to search for someone that I declined because I just didn't believe in their solution - beginning with the state. So, if you can't give at least a little something, then you should expect that no one(with any sanity) will bite.

razyfamily

Well, I appreciate that. It is a catch 22. So many people who have deluded themselves that they have THE SOLVE that no one with any credibility will reasonably listen to someone who claims to have real insight and an incredibly strong solve. And yet, someone with an incredibly strong solve isn't going to just state their solve to the world. Alas, it appears also that no one with trustworthiness is being suggested by members of this forum.
06-28-2018, 11:13 PM,
(06-28-2018, 11:08 PM)99.9% solved Wrote:
(06-28-2018, 11:03 PM)crazyfamily Wrote:

razyfamily

Well, I appreciate that. It is a catch 22. So many people who have deluded themselves that they have THE SOLVE that no one with any credibility will reasonably listen to someone who claims to have real insight and an incredibly strong solve. And yet, someone with an incredibly strong solve isn't going to just state their solve to the world. Alas, it appears also that no one with trustworthiness is being suggested by members of this forum.
Seriously, everyone thinks their solution is the solution. How long have you been at this? Because, according to Forrest, someone on the blogs is solving the poem. Some may have solved four clues. So, in short, your shit better be a whole lot better than mine. Okay. It's not that no one is trustworthy. I can suggest a few, but they would be pissed that I gave you their names.

razyfamily
06-28-2018, 11:24 PM,
I trust Cynthia. I think she is sort of neutral in all the in-fighting that goes on. You'd have to figure out how to contact her, but that shouldn't be hard.
06-28-2018, 11:31 PM,
I was gonna suggest you, John.

razyfamily

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Treasures Bold 8bit katsina 50 2,885 Today, 10:19 AM
Last Post: 8bit katsina
  Is "with my treasures bold" the hint to WWWH? monkeyking 6 2,666 12-29-2017, 09:21 PM
Last Post: Beavertooth
  Prepare to be Super Bold NTMI 2 1,220 02-06-2017, 08:36 AM
Last Post: NTMI
  Fenn and the Two Trips from the Car Statement...... glock20 141 98,550 08-15-2016, 10:11 AM
Last Post: Tim Nobody
  Linda Bilyeu's Statement Larsonist 122 81,003 03-21-2016, 04:54 PM
Last Post: John Brown
  Anybody bold enough to make a prediction? Buddy Allen 77 66,066 08-26-2015, 05:48 PM
Last Post: samsmith