Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
A bold statement, but I'll make it anyway...
06-28-2018, 11:33 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-28-2018, 11:37 PM by 99.9% solved.)
RE: A bold statement, but I'll make it anyway...
(06-28-2018, 11:24 PM)John Brown Wrote: I trust Cynthia. I think she is sort of neutral in all the in-fighting that goes on. You'd have to figure out how to contact her, but that shouldn't be hard.

I contacted Cynthia. For whatever reason, she wasn't interested...

(06-28-2018, 11:31 PM)crazyfamily Wrote: I was gonna suggest you, John.

razyfamily

is John trustworthy? Is he is a respected member of the community?

(06-28-2018, 11:13 PM)crazyfamily Wrote:
(06-28-2018, 11:08 PM)99.9% solved Wrote:
(06-28-2018, 11:03 PM)crazyfamily Wrote:
(06-28-2018, 09:49 PM)99.9% solved Wrote: It would be a really sad commentary if no one in the search community could be considered in high enough esteem to be deemed trustworthy...

It's not just that, it's that we've all heard all of this before. I've been privately propositioned to search for someone that I declined because I just didn't believe in their solution - beginning with the state. So, if you can't give at least a little something, then you should expect that no one(with any sanity) will bite.

razyfamily

Well, I appreciate that. It is a catch 22. So many people who have deluded themselves that they have THE SOLVE that no one with any credibility will reasonably listen to someone who claims to have real insight and an incredibly strong solve. And yet, someone with an incredibly strong solve isn't going to just state their solve to the world. Alas, it appears also that no one with trustworthiness is being suggested by members of this forum.
Seriously, everyone thinks their solution is the solution. How long have you been at this? Because, according to Forrest, someone on the blogs is solving the poem. Some may have solved four clues. So, in short, your shit better be a whole lot better than mine. Okay. It's not that no one is trustworthy. I can suggest a few, but they would be pissed that I gave you their names.

razyfamily

I guarantee my "shit" is a whole lot better... lol... This is not bragging or bravado. The solution is simple in concept, difficult in discovering, and self-proving...
06-29-2018, 05:36 AM,
A bold statement, but I'll make it anyway...
(06-28-2018, 08:05 PM)99.9% solved Wrote: I solved the poem!!!!

Okay, let me rephrase that; I am confident I have solved the poem and am willing to share my solution. The only way to truly know someone has solved the poem is to retrieve the chest.

How many people have claimed to have solved the poem only to find that when they searched the area, the chest wasn’t there. They have suffered from a large case of confirmation bias, not recognizing that they simply discovered yet another general solve and not THE solve. They have an oval peg in a round hole.

Well, I “solved” the poem, albeit in a slightly different way than everyone else on this or any other forum.

Question, what would you do if you solved the poem, understood the poem in a perfect (or near perfect) fashion as well as 95% of TTOTC and you were unable to locate Indulgence?

Well, if you were so confident, you wouldn’t post your solution on a forum.

Maybe sell your solution to the media? Who would believe you, especially when so many others have made bogus claims about finding the treasure or solving the poem?

I’ve agonized about what to do with my solution and insights.

I could write an ebook and publish my solve, but let’s face it, once the solve was published and subsequently discussed in various forums, few people would be interested in purchasing the book. I would basically be giving away something that has immense value for nothing.

I think I have a solution though. I can publish my solve in several parts, with each part giving a searcher critical information to the solve without publishing it all at once. The searcher who could follow along with the solve as it is revealed, and then rush ahead to make their own discoveries before the next section is published would have a distinct advantage.

Now, who would purchase those ebooks, since I already told you that I couldn’t find the chest? Probably no one. I wouldn’t.

So, to demonstrate that my solve is unique, insightful, and virtually undeniable in it’s conclusions, I offer the following.

I am willing to present my complete solution to one or two members of the search community that meet the following criteria and agree to the following terms:

1. They must be someone that the community trusts
2. They must be someone I trust
3. They must be willing to review the solution in it’s entirety
4. They must give their honest feedback into the usefulness of the information presented to the community.
5. They must not disclose aspects of the solve until the ebooks are published.
6. If they would like to search for the treasure in the solve location or a solve location derived from using the first 8 clues of the solve, they may do so. Any treasure recovered would be split 60% me, 40% them.

My hope is that someone can find the chest at my solve location or tweak the approach on the 9th clue and discover the chest for themselves.

Who does the community trust?

There are a few problems with your request.

1. Someone I may find trustworthy, other members of he community may not. Almost everyone here has some that trust them and others that don’t.

2. Almost everyone has received PM’s almost exactly like yours. Almost everyone has heard someone’s “undeniable solve.” And then found flaws in it. I’m not saying you don’t have a strong solve. I don’t know. What I’m saying is that your proposition had happened a lot over the years.

3. Like someone else said— why not go get it yourself?

I am not sure it’s wise to trust someone you’ve never met face to face and spent some time with. I’ve made that mistake a couple times.

But there are some I’ve met face to face and trust:

NTMI
Will with the numbers behind his name
Boomergirl
Windy City
Old Drum

And probably a few more but it’s too early and not enough sleep last night to remember names right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mindy's blogs:

http://www.fennhotspot.com
http://www.myeverwonderland.blogspot.com
06-29-2018, 05:45 AM,
(06-28-2018, 10:53 PM)99.9% solved Wrote:
(06-28-2018, 10:48 PM)5GIRLS Wrote: I agree with dude. The poem will lead you exactly to the chest. Exactly, straight, confidently to the precise location. no guesswork. no hunting, you will be spot on.

Thank you for your comment. That doesn't invalidate my solve or my methodology. Oh, and Forrest does state that the chest is not at the precise location of the solve. You must walk "several" steps to the chest. He also has intimated in interviews that you must look for the chest, that it won't be easy, but that you can find it...

I am suspecting 99 May be correct about it NOT being in the exact spot, although Forrest has said a searcher with the solve could walk right straight up to it. 99, could you provide a quote to back up your idea of it not being at the exact solve spot.
=====

DON’T RESEARCH...THINK!!!

https://www.allmovie.com/movie/v46056

WP (stock symbol)
06-29-2018, 08:46 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-29-2018, 08:49 AM by 99.9% solved.)
(06-29-2018, 07:53 AM)EastonS19 Wrote: Another person who found it!!!!
Damn, there must be more than 1 TC out there..
Whats this like, the 128th person that found it?!?!
Like a big-foot sighting, oh, my camera didn't work.
or, WOW that fish was 10' long, but my line broke.
or, I saw a UFO, but when I tried to take a photo it disappeared.
I looked at the lake and saw Nessie, it looked at me then swam
away. Bla-bla-bla-bla-bla-bla-bla

Skepticism is healthy. I am not trying to make unsubstantiated claims. If you read my original post, you will understand that.

(06-29-2018, 05:45 AM)astree Wrote:
(06-28-2018, 10:53 PM)99.9% solved Wrote:
(06-28-2018, 10:48 PM)5GIRLS Wrote: I agree with dude. The poem will lead you exactly to the chest. Exactly, straight, confidently to the precise location. no guesswork. no hunting, you will be spot on.

Thank you for your comment. That doesn't invalidate my solve or my methodology. Oh, and Forrest does state that the chest is not at the precise location of the solve. You must walk "several" steps to the chest. He also has intimated in interviews that you must look for the chest, that it won't be easy, but that you can find it...

I am suspecting 99 May be correct about it NOT being in the exact spot, although Forrest has said a searcher with the solve could walk right straight up to it. 99, could you provide a quote to back up your idea of it not being at the exact solve spot.

Probably. The statement came from a FF interview; can’t recall which one and I’ve listened to a lot of them. I will see if I can locate it.
06-29-2018, 11:38 PM,
(06-28-2018, 09:17 PM)Thefinderof Wrote: What is the walking distance from your warm Waters to your home of Brown? Tell me that and I'll tell you if your right

just saying ss
06-30-2018, 12:29 AM,
(06-29-2018, 11:32 PM)thrilledtochase Wrote: I nominate me as a trustworthy member of the community as long as your solve doesn’t end on a creek with a mine on it in the exact square mile I’m looking in. I would never out someone’s solve and I know enough about Fenn’s writings to confirm or deny your solve. I promise I’d be fair and tight lipped....

Thanks for the nomination. I’m sure there are quite a few people who would be tight-lipped and trustworthy! I’m looking for someone who is both of those plus deemed trustworthy by the community.
06-30-2018, 01:03 AM,
(06-29-2018, 05:36 AM)Mindy Wrote:

Okay, let me rephrase that; I am confident I have solved the poem and am willing to share my solution. The only way to truly know someone has solved the poem is to retrieve the chest.

How many people have claimed to have solved the poem only to find that when they searched the area, the chest wasn’t there. They have suffered from a large case of confirmation bias, not recognizing that they simply discovered yet another general solve and not THE solve. They have an oval peg in a round hole.

Well, I “solved” the poem, albeit in a slightly different way than everyone else on this or any other forum.

Question, what would you do if you solved the poem, understood the poem in a perfect (or near perfect) fashion as well as 95% of TTOTC and you were unable to locate Indulgence?

Maybe sell your solution to the media? Who would believe you, especially when so many others have made bogus claims about finding the treasure or solving the poem?

I could write an ebook and publish my solve, but let’s face it, once the solve was published and subsequently discussed in various forums, few people would be interested in purchasing the book. I would basically be giving away something that has immense value for nothing.

I think I have a solution though. I can publish my solve in several parts, with each part giving a searcher critical information to the solve without publishing it all at once. The searcher who could follow along with the solve as it is revealed, and then rush ahead to make their own discoveries before the next section is published would have a distinct advantage.

Now, who would purchase those ebooks, since I already told you that I couldn’t find the chest? Probably no one. I wouldn’t.

So, to demonstrate that my solve is unique, insightful, and virtually undeniable in it’s conclusions, I offer the following.

I am willing to present my complete solution to one or two members of the search community that meet the following criteria and agree to the following terms:

4. They must give their honest feedback into the usefulness of the information presented to the community.
6. If they would like to search for the treasure in the solve location or a solve location derived from using the first 8 clues of the solve, they may do so. Any treasure recovered would be split 60% me, 40% them.

My hope is that someone can find the chest at my solve location or tweak the approach on the 9th clue and discover the chest for themselves.

1. Someone I may find trustworthy, other members of he community may not. Almost everyone here has some that trust them and others that don’t.

2. Almost everyone has received PM’s almost exactly like yours. Almost everyone has heard someone’s “undeniable solve.” And then found flaws in it. I’m not saying you don’t have a strong solve. I don’t know. What I’m saying is that your proposition had happened a lot over the years.

I am not sure it’s wise to trust someone you’ve never met face to face and spent some time with. I’ve made that mistake a couple times.

NTMI
Boomergirl
Windy City
Old Drum

And probably a few more but it’s too early and not enough sleep last night to remember names right now.

Whew. Kinda glad I haven't met ya.
06-30-2018, 01:20 AM,
(06-30-2018, 01:03 AM)Buddy Allen Wrote:
(06-29-2018, 05:36 AM)Mindy Wrote:

NTMI
Boomergirl
Windy City
Old Drum

Whew. Kinda glad I haven't met ya.

Hmmmm. I understand skepticism. I am trying to allay skepticism...
06-30-2018, 05:03 AM,
No one knows me as I'm from eastern OH; well Mindy a little. I think she can attest to sealed lips, don't even ask (and it's not sexual or gross so don't bother asking for real)... I am intrigued though. I am searching a trip in NM; just need to get out with the 4WD to finish and pretty sure have the hints and clues married properly to a certain area... Mostly cash is my problem at this moment and of course the fire restrictions are a factor.
I will ask you this: is there a 1 in your trip? It is not one of Fenn's hints (that I have found in the SBs or books or interviews)... I am preparing to finish the trip July 4th week plus, lol...
just saying ss
06-30-2018, 05:21 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-30-2018, 05:22 AM by astree.)
(06-29-2018, 08:46 AM)99.9% solved Wrote:
(06-29-2018, 05:45 AM)astree Wrote:
(06-28-2018, 10:53 PM)99.9% solved Wrote: Thank you for your comment. That doesn't invalidate my solve or my methodology. Oh, and Forrest does state that the chest is not at the precise location of the solve. You must walk "several" steps to the chest. He also has intimated in interviews that you must look for the chest, that it won't be easy, but that you can find it...

Probably. The statement came from a FF interview; can’t recall which one and I’ve listened to a lot of them. I will see if I can locate it.

Let’s coin a new phrase. You can’t have a “correct solve” unless you can knowingly go to within several steps of the treasure chest. Otherwise you have a “general solve.” What do you think? F

http://mysteriouswritings.com/periodic-w...sure-hunt/

Forrest also said something to effect of “I cant imagine anyone getting within 12’ and not seeing it”.

Is either of those quotes what you are referring to?
=====

DON’T RESEARCH...THINK!!!

https://www.allmovie.com/movie/v46056

WP (stock symbol)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Treasures Bold 8bit katsina 50 2,887 Today, 10:19 AM
Last Post: 8bit katsina
  Is "with my treasures bold" the hint to WWWH? monkeyking 6 2,666 12-29-2017, 09:21 PM
Last Post: Beavertooth
  Prepare to be Super Bold NTMI 2 1,220 02-06-2017, 08:36 AM
Last Post: NTMI
  Fenn and the Two Trips from the Car Statement...... glock20 141 98,550 08-15-2016, 10:11 AM
Last Post: Tim Nobody
  Linda Bilyeu's Statement Larsonist 122 81,003 03-21-2016, 04:54 PM
Last Post: John Brown
  Anybody bold enough to make a prediction? Buddy Allen 77 66,067 08-26-2015, 05:48 PM
Last Post: samsmith