Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
A bold statement, but I'll make it anyway...
06-30-2018, 09:26 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-30-2018, 09:28 AM by 99.9% solved.)
RE: A bold statement, but I'll make it anyway...
(06-30-2018, 05:21 AM)astree Wrote:
(06-29-2018, 08:46 AM)99.9% solved Wrote:
(06-29-2018, 05:45 AM)astree Wrote:
(06-28-2018, 10:53 PM)99.9% solved Wrote: Thank you for your comment. That doesn't invalidate my solve or my methodology. Oh, and Forrest does state that the chest is not at the precise location of the solve. You must walk "several" steps to the chest. He also has intimated in interviews that you must look for the chest, that it won't be easy, but that you can find it...

I am suspecting 99 May be correct about it NOT being in the exact spot, although Forrest has said a searcher with the solve could walk right straight up to it. 99, could you provide a quote to back up your idea of it not being at the exact solve spot.

Probably. The statement came from a FF interview; can’t recall which one and I’ve listened to a lot of them. I will see if I can locate it.

Let’s coin a new phrase. You can’t have a “correct solve” unless you can knowingly go to within several steps of the treasure chest. Otherwise you have a “general solve.” What do you think? F

http://mysteriouswritings.com/periodic-w...sure-hunt/

Forrest also said something to effect of “I cant imagine anyone getting within 12’ and not seeing it”.

Is either of those quotes what you are referring to?

No, I believe there was a different quote, but can’t say for certain. I am listening to various interviews to see if I can locate it...

(06-30-2018, 05:03 AM)easternOHsteve Wrote: No one knows me as I'm from eastern OH; well Mindy a little. I think she can attest to sealed lips, don't even ask (and it's not sexual or gross so don't bother asking for real)... I am intrigued though. I am searching a trip in NM; just need to get out with the 4WD to finish and pretty sure have the hints and clues married properly to a certain area... Mostly cash is my problem at this moment and of course the fire restrictions are a factor.
I will ask you this: is there a 1 in your trip? It is not one of Fenn's hints (that I have found in the SBs or books or interviews)... I am preparing to finish the trip July 4th week plus, lol...

Thanks for the offer. I am compiling a list of potentials...
06-30-2018, 09:46 AM,
Quote:Forrest,
You said in the past that the chest is not in a dangerous place; yet searchers are searching along Cliffside’s, raging water, and other seemingly dangerous places. Could you please elaborate or qualify your statement in which you said” The chest is not in a dangerous place”
Thanks
Edward

Edward, thanks for the question.
The treasure is not hidden in a dangerous place in the normal definition of the word, realizing that there probably is no place on this planet that is safe under all conditions. Bloggers have quoted me as saying that a child could walk up to the treasure. I don’t think that’s an accurate quote because a three year old girl would have a problem without some help. Remember, I was about 80 when I hid the chest, and had to make two trips.f

razyfamily
07-01-2018, 01:54 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-01-2018, 01:56 AM by monkeyking.)
One problem with your request is the ambiguity of trustworthy. How could the "community" determine if someone is trustworthy or not. How many have had actual financial or confidential dealing with them to determine if they are trustworthy or not. Sure they may make a good impression or made themselves a public figure but the same is true for con artists and swindlers. Unless someone has had actual experience dealing with someone when there is an actual fiduciary duty involved there is no way to know and even then you can never be sure. Just because someone was honest or trustworthy once does not ensure they will behave the same in the future. Asking who the community thinks is trustworthy will return nothing more than who is popular, which is something completely unrelated to trustworthiness, especially when substantial amounts of money are on the line.

What the community may be able to provide is who might be a person that may be able to evaluate your solve and provide credible or insightful feedback. The community has read many searchers theories and thoughts on various aspects of the search and might nominate individuals that they think have the knowledge and skills to give a thorough evaluation.

You would still have the problem of determining rather or not someone is trustworthy. How could you possibly know? Exchange emails, talk on the phone...run a background check for criminal history, ask for a list of references...? I suggest that all of those should be done and even then you can never really know, because large sums of money are involved.
07-01-2018, 04:48 AM,
A literary agent in London is on standby and has guaranteed she will do a $million in 6 months. All I need is a photograph of the chest. I could even leave the chest in situ so I don’t break any stupid laws /claims from the landowner

books make money... just ask jk Rowling
07-01-2018, 05:40 PM,
(07-01-2018, 01:54 AM)monkeyking Wrote: What the community may be able to provide is who might be a person that may be able to evaluate your solve and provide credible or insightful feedback. The community has read many searchers theories and thoughts on various aspects of the search and might nominate individuals that they think have the knowledge and skills to give a thorough evaluation.

You would still have the problem of determining rather or not someone is trustworthy. How could you possibly know? Exchange emails, talk on the phone...run a background check for criminal history, ask for a list of references...? I suggest that all of those should be done and even then you can never really know, because large sums of money are involved.

I agree and this is the type of feedback I would want from a chosen searcher. A trusted searcher that doesn’t provide credible or insightful feedback wouldn’t be compelling to me.

Howdy, Mister.
11-25-2019, 11:51 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-26-2019, 12:02 AM by legacyhelper.)
(06-28-2018, 08:05 PM)99.9% solved Wrote: I solved the poem!!!!

Okay, let me rephrase that; I am confident I have solved the poem and am willing to share my solution. The only way to truly know someone has solved the poem is to retrieve the chest.

How many people have claimed to have solved the poem only to find that when they searched the area, the chest wasn’t there. They have suffered from a large case of confirmation bias, not recognizing that they simply discovered yet another general solve and not THE solve. They have an oval peg in a round hole.

Well, I “solved” the poem, albeit in a slightly different way than everyone else on this or any other forum.

Question, what would you do if you solved the poem, understood the poem in a perfect (or near perfect) fashion as well as 95% of TTOTC and you were unable to locate Indulgence?

Well, if you were so confident, you wouldn’t post your solution on a forum.

Maybe sell your solution to the media? Who would believe you, especially when so many others have made bogus claims about finding the treasure or solving the poem?

I’ve agonized about what to do with my solution and insights.

I could write an ebook and publish my solve, but let’s face it, once the solve was published and subsequently discussed in various forums, few people would be interested in purchasing the book. I would basically be giving away something that has immense value for nothing.

I think I have a solution though. I can publish my solve in several parts, with each part giving a searcher critical information to the solve without publishing it all at once. The searcher who could follow along with the solve as it is revealed, and then rush ahead to make their own discoveries before the next section is published would have a distinct advantage.

Now, who would purchase those ebooks, since I already told you that I couldn’t find the chest? Probably no one. I wouldn’t.

So, to demonstrate that my solve is unique, insightful, and virtually undeniable in it’s conclusions, I offer the following.

I am willing to present my complete solution to one or two members of the search community that meet the following criteria and agree to the following terms:

1. They must be someone that the community trusts
2. They must be someone I trust
3. They must be willing to review the solution in it’s entirety
4. They must give their honest feedback into the usefulness of the information presented to the community.
5. They must not disclose aspects of the solve until the ebooks are published.
6. If they would like to search for the treasure in the solve location or a solve location derived from using the first 8 clues of the solve, they may do so. Any treasure recovered would be split 60% me, 40% them.

My hope is that someone can find the chest at my solve location or tweak the approach on the 9th clue and discover the chest for themselves.

Who does the community trust?

If you would like to bounce all or part of your solve off me, I'd be happy to comment on any part of it in a way that is safe to me (not disclosing my own solve).

Here's an example of how this could work: You give me some info
about your solve for one clue. The info could be something like "It
has a highway with a 3-digit number within 5 miles of my clue location."

I would respond with one of the following choices. I agree, I disagree,
I don't know, Possibly, or I respectfully decline to answer.

This method could protect your solve from disclosure, while getting
feedback from a very analytical searcher (in my opinion). I'd be willing
to do this either "publically" -- like this message --, or by PM.
12-02-2019, 09:43 AM,
As Forrest would say. The only way that two people can keep a secret is if one of them is dead.

Now no one is trustworthy

It is hidden. Forrest says that three people have been close. 1 within 250’ and 2 within 500’

I know that you are not going to say your solve. I wouldn’t either. You feel as strongly as I do about mine.

If your solve has a hot spring as the start
Try again
If your home of brown has anything to do with “Brown”
Try again.

Good luck to you!
I will grab it the first of March!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
12-02-2019, 03:05 PM,
(12-02-2019, 09:43 AM)travis.gore.79 Wrote: As Forrest would say. The only way that two people can keep a secret is if one of them is dead.

Now no one is trustworthy

It is hidden. Forrest says that three people have been close. 1 within 250’ and 2 within 500’

I know that you are not going to say your solve. I wouldn’t either. You feel as strongly as I do about mine.

If your solve has a hot spring as the start
Try again
If your home of brown has anything to do with “Brown”
Try again.

Good luck to you!
I will grab it the first of March!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The easy part’s done.

razyfamily
12-02-2019, 03:36 PM,
(12-02-2019, 09:43 AM)travis.gore.79 Wrote: If your solve has a hot spring as the start
Try again

correct

(12-02-2019, 09:43 AM)travis.gore.79 Wrote: If your home of brown has anything to do with “Brown”
Try again.

not correct

(12-02-2019, 09:43 AM)travis.gore.79 Wrote: I will grab it the first of March!

if you don't realize Brown connects directly to Brown, then be prepared for disappointment
12-02-2019, 05:47 PM,
If the solve holds coordinates, then yes I would be interested. If your solve hasn't coordinates then you are not correct. There are coordinates connected to the clues.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Treasures Bold 8bit katsina 50 2,888 Today, 10:19 AM
Last Post: 8bit katsina
  Is "with my treasures bold" the hint to WWWH? monkeyking 6 2,666 12-29-2017, 09:21 PM
Last Post: Beavertooth
  Prepare to be Super Bold NTMI 2 1,220 02-06-2017, 08:36 AM
Last Post: NTMI
  Fenn and the Two Trips from the Car Statement...... glock20 141 98,550 08-15-2016, 10:11 AM
Last Post: Tim Nobody
  Linda Bilyeu's Statement Larsonist 122 81,004 03-21-2016, 04:54 PM
Last Post: John Brown
  Anybody bold enough to make a prediction? Buddy Allen 77 66,067 08-26-2015, 05:48 PM
Last Post: samsmith