Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
A bold statement, but I'll make it anyway...
12-02-2019, 09:28 PM,
RE: A bold statement, but I'll make it anyway...
(12-02-2019, 05:47 PM)OH! Wrote: If the solve holds coordinates, then yes I would be interested. If your solve hasn't coordinates then you are not correct. There are coordinates connected to the clues.
I'm surprised your still on coordinates. Trust us, there are no coordinates in solve. You have found some pretty amazing stuff but coincidental. The solve is well, plain English, yet pretty well disguised. I know you won't change yr mind because of comfirmation bias though. You have a great mind my man - Deeep -- I adding, IMO.
12-03-2019, 07:34 AM,
[/quote]

if you don't realize Brown connects directly to Brown, then be prepared for disappointment
[/quote]

I have been disappointed before.
I have only been at this a couple of weeks now. I haven’t even finished the TTOC.

Time will tell

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
12-03-2019, 09:13 AM,
Shoot, I don't have OUAW. No can do. Maybe someone can photo/post? (Magified frame, page 56, has something there)
12-03-2019, 10:23 PM,
(12-02-2019, 09:28 PM)5GIRLS Wrote:
(12-02-2019, 05:47 PM)OH! Wrote: If the solve holds coordinates, then yes I would be interested. If your solve hasn't coordinates then you are not correct. There are coordinates connected to the clues.
I'm surprised your still on coordinates. Trust us, there are no coordinates in solve. You have found some pretty amazing stuff but coincidental. The solve is well, plain English, yet pretty well disguised. I know you won't change yr mind because of comfirmation bias though. You have a great mind my man - Deeep -- I adding, IMO.

f said having a correct solve puts you within several steps

anything this precise means you will have, or be able to work out, the coordinates of that spot

so I don't see how someone can have a correct solve and not have the coordinates to within a tenth of a second. based on what forrest said
12-03-2019, 10:38 PM,
(12-03-2019, 10:23 PM)Chris Yates Wrote:
(12-02-2019, 09:28 PM)5GIRLS Wrote:

f said having a correct solve puts you within several steps

anything this precise means you will have, or be able to work out, the coordinates of that spot

so I don't see how someone can have a correct solve and not have the coordinates to within a tenth of a second. based on what forrest said
Assuming that you’re inferring that a correct solve is complete(completed), I would agree. It’s possible, I think, to have a correct solve that is incomplete. Unless he means that any ‘ole solve is a general solve, that would be what Forrest referred to as a general solve. If you didn’t take the last few steps, you would not retrieve the chest.

You have to admit, there’s a lot of ambiguity in Forrest’s words.

razyfamily
12-04-2019, 04:01 AM,
(12-03-2019, 10:23 PM)Chris Yates Wrote: f said having a correct solve puts you within several steps

Disagree. It could be something as simple as go "west 200 feet" ("quest to cease" = "west 2 C's") from some known landmark defined by the poem. Or it could be that four of the last clues define an "X" on a map by defining four landmarks. Yes, the intersection of the "X" would have coordinates, but the poem clues would not have to define any numbers, and you could use a map to get there without knowing the actual coordinates down to the tenth of a second. IMO
12-04-2019, 09:52 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-04-2019, 09:55 AM by OH!.)
(12-04-2019, 04:01 AM)Beavertooth Wrote:
(12-03-2019, 10:23 PM)Chris Yates Wrote: f said having a correct solve puts you within several steps

Disagree. It could be something as simple as go "west 200 feet" ("quest to cease" = "west 2 C's") from some known landmark defined by the poem. Or it could be that four of the last clues define an "X" on a map by defining four landmarks. Yes, the intersection of the "X" would have coordinates, but the poem clues would not have to define any numbers, and you could use a map to get there without knowing the actual coordinates down to the tenth of a second. IMO

IMO, this is partly true. The clues have coordinates attached (aside of the clues) as confirmation for your solve. This is when you move with confidence.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

12-04-2019, 11:36 AM,

I agree. If you can get to a location by using the clues, why do you need coordinates? Every location has coordinates.

Forrest said, "You can't have a "correct solve" unless you can knowingly go to within several steps of the treasure chest."

What is a "step"? Some of the definitions are:

1- Place for the foot in going up or coming down. A stair or a rung of a ladder is a step.

2- Footprint. See steps in the mud.

3- Steppe (step). One of the vast treeless plains in SE Europe and in Asia.

4- Natural level areas between steeper sloping areas.

I don't think Forrest meant a step to be the distance of a footstep. I think it relates more to #1 and #4 above.

And "several" can be anything more than two or three, but not many. So, WITHIN several steps is less than several steps which can actually be one or two steps.

If there are only two steps between otherwise level ground then you would step up from a lower level of ground to a higher level for one step, then step up to an even higher level of ground to the final step or level. There is only one intermediate level of ground between the two steps of the lower and upper level of ground. This would be within "several steps" of something (the TC).

So Forrest's description of "going to within several steps of the TC" is very specific as to it's location (on the middle level, between steps) and actually describes the terrain where it is located.
12-04-2019, 04:40 PM,

Deeep and I both say 'Thank you'!
12-04-2019, 06:30 PM, (This post was last modified: 12-04-2019, 06:34 PM by OH!.)
(12-04-2019, 04:40 PM)5GIRLS Wrote:

Deeep and I both say 'Thank you'!

Or it could be that GPS is not exact and is usually 13' to 30' off. There is the several steps. After all, you do step with your FEET. 000°00'(feet)00.00"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is "with my treasures bold" the hint to WWWH? monkeyking 6 3,177 12-29-2017, 09:21 PM
Last Post: Beavertooth
  Fenn and the Two Trips from the Car Statement...... glock20 141 108,642 08-15-2016, 10:11 AM
Last Post: Tim Nobody
  Linda Bilyeu's Statement Larsonist 122 89,822 03-21-2016, 04:54 PM
Last Post: John Brown
  Anybody bold enough to make a prediction? Buddy Allen 77 70,451 08-26-2015, 05:48 PM
Last Post: samsmith
  And with my gonads bold... Larsonist 5 2,978 04-18-2015, 01:09 PM
Last Post: Ricky Nowak
  And with my treasures bold Chris Yates 22 7,336 04-17-2015, 04:43 AM
Last Post: astree