Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
A bold statement, but I'll make it anyway...
12-02-2019, 05:55 PM,
RE: A bold statement, but I'll make it anyway...
(12-02-2019, 05:47 PM)OH! Wrote: If the solve holds coordinates, then yes I would be interested. If your solve hasn't coordinates then you are not correct. There are coordinates connected to the clues.

Bold statement, but to be believed you must prove it. Over to you...
12-02-2019, 06:09 PM,
(06-29-2018, 05:36 AM)Mindy Wrote:
(06-28-2018, 08:05 PM)99.9% solved Wrote: I solved the poem!!!!

Okay, let me rephrase that; I am confident I have solved the poem and am willing to share my solution. The only way to truly know someone has solved the poem is to retrieve the chest.

How many people have claimed to have solved the poem only to find that when they searched the area, the chest wasn’t there. They have suffered from a large case of confirmation bias, not recognizing that they simply discovered yet another general solve and not THE solve. They have an oval peg in a round hole.

Well, I “solved” the poem, albeit in a slightly different way than everyone else on this or any other forum.

Question, what would you do if you solved the poem, understood the poem in a perfect (or near perfect) fashion as well as 95% of TTOTC and you were unable to locate Indulgence?

Well, if you were so confident, you wouldn’t post your solution on a forum.

Maybe sell your solution to the media? Who would believe you, especially when so many others have made bogus claims about finding the treasure or solving the poem?

I’ve agonized about what to do with my solution and insights.

I could write an ebook and publish my solve, but let’s face it, once the solve was published and subsequently discussed in various forums, few people would be interested in purchasing the book. I would basically be giving away something that has immense value for nothing.

I think I have a solution though. I can publish my solve in several parts, with each part giving a searcher critical information to the solve without publishing it all at once. The searcher who could follow along with the solve as it is revealed, and then rush ahead to make their own discoveries before the next section is published would have a distinct advantage.

Now, who would purchase those ebooks, since I already told you that I couldn’t find the chest? Probably no one. I wouldn’t.

So, to demonstrate that my solve is unique, insightful, and virtually undeniable in it’s conclusions, I offer the following.

I am willing to present my complete solution to one or two members of the search community that meet the following criteria and agree to the following terms:

1. They must be someone that the community trusts
2. They must be someone I trust
3. They must be willing to review the solution in it’s entirety
4. They must give their honest feedback into the usefulness of the information presented to the community.
5. They must not disclose aspects of the solve until the ebooks are published.
6. If they would like to search for the treasure in the solve location or a solve location derived from using the first 8 clues of the solve, they may do so. Any treasure recovered would be split 60% me, 40% them.

My hope is that someone can find the chest at my solve location or tweak the approach on the 9th clue and discover the chest for themselves.

Who does the community trust?

There are a few problems with your request.

1. Someone I may find trustworthy, other members of he community may not. Almost everyone here has some that trust them and others that don’t.

2. Almost everyone has received PM’s almost exactly like yours. Almost everyone has heard someone’s “undeniable solve.” And then found flaws in it. I’m not saying you don’t have a strong solve. I don’t know. What I’m saying is that your proposition had happened a lot over the years.

3. Like someone else said— why not go get it yourself?

I am not sure it’s wise to trust someone you’ve never met face to face and spent some time with. I’ve made that mistake a couple times.

But there are some I’ve met face to face and trust:

NTMI
Will with the numbers behind his name
Boomergirl
Windy City
Old Drum

And probably a few more but it’s too early and not enough sleep last night to remember names right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
@Mindy,
I am humbled that you would place your trust in me and even more so that I would be at the top of your list - thank you, Missy!

I agree with you in that I would not trust anyone on the blogs that I hadn't sat face-to-face with for an evening of libations and discussions about TTOTC. I've met many, many wonderful people - you and James included - that I would allow to hear my thoughts, but nobody would believe my story!

My recommendation to 99.9 would be to sit on it for awhile. It hasn't been found by some pretty intelligent chasers for 9+ years now for good reason. It's my opinion that when the spirit horse gallops thru and scoops up Forrest Fenn, the story will have its end. If 99.9 has figured it out, it will probably be made known at that time, but not before then.

Good luck to the person who thinks they've figured it out! I would say "break a leg", but Forrest Fenn has already said you don't have to break anything to find the treasure.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKmScNS...Q83xVXDefg
12-02-2019, 09:28 PM,
(12-02-2019, 05:47 PM)OH! Wrote: If the solve holds coordinates, then yes I would be interested. If your solve hasn't coordinates then you are not correct. There are coordinates connected to the clues.
I'm surprised your still on coordinates. Trust us, there are no coordinates in solve. You have found some pretty amazing stuff but coincidental. The solve is well, plain English, yet pretty well disguised. I know you won't change yr mind because of comfirmation bias though. You have a great mind my man - Deeep -- I adding, IMO.
12-03-2019, 07:34 AM,
[/quote]

if you don't realize Brown connects directly to Brown, then be prepared for disappointment
[/quote]

I have been disappointed before.
I have only been at this a couple of weeks now. I haven’t even finished the TTOC.

Time will tell

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
12-03-2019, 09:13 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-03-2019, 09:22 AM by 5GIRLS.)
Shoot, I don't have OUAW. No can do. Maybe someone can photo/post? (Magified frame, page 56, has something there)
12-03-2019, 10:23 PM,
(12-02-2019, 09:28 PM)5GIRLS Wrote:
I'm surprised your still on coordinates. Trust us, there are no coordinates in solve. You have found some pretty amazing stuff but coincidental. The solve is well, plain English, yet pretty well disguised. I know you won't change yr mind because of comfirmation bias though. You have a great mind my man - Deeep -- I adding, IMO.

f said having a correct solve puts you within several steps

anything this precise means you will have, or be able to work out, the coordinates of that spot

so I don't see how someone can have a correct solve and not have the coordinates to within a tenth of a second. based on what forrest said
12-03-2019, 10:38 PM,
(12-03-2019, 10:23 PM)Chris Yates Wrote:
(12-02-2019, 09:28 PM)5GIRLS Wrote:

f said having a correct solve puts you within several steps

anything this precise means you will have, or be able to work out, the coordinates of that spot

so I don't see how someone can have a correct solve and not have the coordinates to within a tenth of a second. based on what forrest said
Assuming that you’re inferring that a correct solve is complete(completed), I would agree. It’s possible, I think, to have a correct solve that is incomplete. Unless he means that any ‘ole solve is a general solve, that would be what Forrest referred to as a general solve. If you didn’t take the last few steps, you would not retrieve the chest.

You have to admit, there’s a lot of ambiguity in Forrest’s words.

razyfamily
12-04-2019, 04:01 AM,
(12-03-2019, 10:23 PM)Chris Yates Wrote: f said having a correct solve puts you within several steps

Disagree. It could be something as simple as go "west 200 feet" ("quest to cease" = "west 2 C's") from some known landmark defined by the poem. Or it could be that four of the last clues define an "X" on a map by defining four landmarks. Yes, the intersection of the "X" would have coordinates, but the poem clues would not have to define any numbers, and you could use a map to get there without knowing the actual coordinates down to the tenth of a second. IMO
12-04-2019, 09:52 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-04-2019, 09:55 AM by OH!.)
(12-04-2019, 04:01 AM)Beavertooth Wrote:
(12-03-2019, 10:23 PM)Chris Yates Wrote: f said having a correct solve puts you within several steps

Disagree. It could be something as simple as go "west 200 feet" ("quest to cease" = "west 2 C's") from some known landmark defined by the poem. Or it could be that four of the last clues define an "X" on a map by defining four landmarks. Yes, the intersection of the "X" would have coordinates, but the poem clues would not have to define any numbers, and you could use a map to get there without knowing the actual coordinates down to the tenth of a second. IMO

IMO, this is partly true. The clues have coordinates attached (aside of the clues) as confirmation for your solve. This is when you move with confidence.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

12-04-2019, 11:36 AM,
(12-04-2019, 04:01 AM)Beavertooth Wrote:

I agree. If you can get to a location by using the clues, why do you need coordinates? Every location has coordinates.

Forrest said, "You can't have a "correct solve" unless you can knowingly go to within several steps of the treasure chest."

What is a "step"? Some of the definitions are:

1- Place for the foot in going up or coming down. A stair or a rung of a ladder is a step.

2- Footprint. See steps in the mud.

3- Steppe (step). One of the vast treeless plains in SE Europe and in Asia.

4- Natural level areas between steeper sloping areas.

I don't think Forrest meant a step to be the distance of a footstep. I think it relates more to #1 and #4 above.

And "several" can be anything more than two or three, but not many. So, WITHIN several steps is less than several steps which can actually be one or two steps.

If there are only two steps between otherwise level ground then you would step up from a lower level of ground to a higher level for one step, then step up to an even higher level of ground to the final step or level. There is only one intermediate level of ground between the two steps of the lower and upper level of ground. This would be within "several steps" of something (the TC).

So Forrest's description of "going to within several steps of the TC" is very specific as to it's location (on the middle level, between steps) and actually describes the terrain where it is located.
These are all just my ideas. I hope no one uses them.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Treasures Bold 8bit katsina 50 3,066 12-06-2019, 10:19 AM
Last Post: 8bit katsina
  Is "with my treasures bold" the hint to WWWH? monkeyking 6 2,671 12-29-2017, 09:21 PM
Last Post: Beavertooth
  Prepare to be Super Bold NTMI 2 1,221 02-06-2017, 08:36 AM
Last Post: NTMI
  Fenn and the Two Trips from the Car Statement...... glock20 141 98,622 08-15-2016, 10:11 AM
Last Post: Tim Nobody
  Linda Bilyeu's Statement Larsonist 122 81,069 03-21-2016, 04:54 PM
Last Post: John Brown
  Anybody bold enough to make a prediction? Buddy Allen 77 66,100 08-26-2015, 05:48 PM
Last Post: samsmith