Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
A bold statement, but I'll make it anyway...
12-04-2019, 04:40 PM,
RE: A bold statement, but I'll make it anyway...
(12-04-2019, 04:01 AM)Beavertooth Wrote:
(12-03-2019, 10:23 PM)Chris Yates Wrote: f said having a correct solve puts you within several steps

anything this precise means you will have, or be able to work out, the coordinates of that spot

so I don't see how someone can have a correct solve and not have the coordinates to within a tenth of a second. based on what forrest said

Disagree. It could be something as simple as go "west 200 feet" ("quest to cease" = "west 2 C's") from some known landmark defined by the poem. Or it could be that four of the last clues define an "X" on a map by defining four landmarks. Yes, the intersection of the "X" would have coordinates, but the poem clues would not have to define any numbers, and you could use a map to get there without knowing the actual coordinates down to the tenth of a second. IMO
Deeep and I both say 'Thank you'!
12-04-2019, 06:30 PM, (This post was last modified: 12-04-2019, 06:34 PM by OH!.)
(12-04-2019, 04:40 PM)5GIRLS Wrote:
(12-03-2019, 10:23 PM)Chris Yates Wrote: f said having a correct solve puts you within several steps

anything this precise means you will have, or be able to work out, the coordinates of that spot

so I don't see how someone can have a correct solve and not have the coordinates to within a tenth of a second. based on what forrest said

Disagree. It could be something as simple as go "west 200 feet" ("quest to cease" = "west 2 C's") from some known landmark defined by the poem. Or it could be that four of the last clues define an "X" on a map by defining four landmarks. Yes, the intersection of the "X" would have coordinates, but the poem clues would not have to define any numbers, and you could use a map to get there without knowing the actual coordinates down to the tenth of a second. IMO

Or it could be that GPS is not exact and is usually 13' to 30' off. There is the several steps. After all, you do step with your FEET. 000°00'(feet)00.00"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

12-04-2019, 06:34 PM,
(12-04-2019, 04:40 PM)5GIRLS Wrote:

You're welcome. But don't forget, if you've been "wise" ="west is east"!
Smile
12-04-2019, 11:07 PM, (This post was last modified: 12-04-2019, 11:10 PM by Chris Yates.)
the coordinates could only be recognized after you solved the clues to the exact spot

theres no way anyone could solve this looking for coordinates in the poem

this being the case, if you solved the clues to the spot, you could find the treasure whether coordinates were put in the poem to be recognized or not

i would find it hard to believe that someone who made this kind of treasure puzzle where you ended up with an exact spot, wouldn't also tie in after the fact recognition and confirmation that could only be recognized by someone who knew the spot from solving the clues correctly

not that it isn't possible and f made a concerted effort not to tie in coordinates in any way, it's just a lot harder to believe thats what he actually did

i don't get the feeling that those of you who are making the argument realize that even if you happened to be right, it isn't entirely that meaningful because either way clues can lead you to the treasure

what i read gives me the impression some of you think there is some specific reason why it matters it had to be done that way and it would make a difference if you were right

im just going by what is more likely and what f would probably do to give confirmation to someone who pulled off the unlikely feat of solving the clues correctly to the spot.
Yesterday, 01:01 AM,
(12-04-2019, 11:07 PM)Chris Yates Wrote: the coordinates could only be recognized after you solved the clues to the exact spot

theres no way anyone could solve this looking for coordinates in the poem
im just going by what is more likely and what f would probably do to give confirmation to someone who pulled off the unlikely feat of solving the clues correctly to the spot.

"what f would probably do to give confirmation"

Seems like a real stretch to me. Just wondering why you would believe it?

Why would he risk an accidental, or "twisted mind", or NSA computer finding of the coordinates by someone who did not actually solve the poem clues? Seems contradictory, IMO.
Yesterday, 01:31 AM, (This post was last modified: Yesterday, 01:33 AM by Chris Yates.)
i don't know what to say except to reiterate that it can't be done, it can't be recognized, until after you "already know the answers"

it wouldn't be that hard to do. putting something in the poem that would be recognizable but only after the fact

no genius person, no supercomputer, would be able to identify it

i think a searcher may have a hard time understanding this concept, if they are accustomed to making the poem fit what they are solving and not realize they are doing it

one has to have a clear understanding of how it is possible to logically piece together a clue that isn't known beforehand, and know that it is correct with certainty if correctly done. a searcher would have to be able to do this to solve a puzzle with clues. if the puzzle was not created where this could be done, then that puzzle would not be solvable

and that searcher would need to understand how this is entirely different from recognizing something after knowing what it is. something like that would be like an unbreakable code, with no recognizable before the fact pattern, but entirely recognizable after the fact

it is like unbreakable codes, that are very easy to make once you know how, but unbreakable. but when given the key to unlock it, then you decipher it easily

(Yesterday, 01:01 AM)Beavertooth Wrote: "what f would probably do to give confirmation"

Seems like a real stretch to me. Just wondering why you would believe it?

because f has made comments that suggest the correct solver will have confirmation

if so, how else would he have done it?

seems more likely than not imo

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Treasures Bold 8bit katsina 50 2,891 Today, 10:19 AM
Last Post: 8bit katsina
  Is "with my treasures bold" the hint to WWWH? monkeyking 6 2,666 12-29-2017, 09:21 PM
Last Post: Beavertooth
  Prepare to be Super Bold NTMI 2 1,220 02-06-2017, 08:36 AM
Last Post: NTMI
  Fenn and the Two Trips from the Car Statement...... glock20 141 98,550 08-15-2016, 10:11 AM
Last Post: Tim Nobody
  Linda Bilyeu's Statement Larsonist 122 81,004 03-21-2016, 04:54 PM
Last Post: John Brown
  Anybody bold enough to make a prediction? Buddy Allen 77 66,067 08-26-2015, 05:48 PM
Last Post: samsmith