Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Secrets of San Lazaro Connections to TTotC, SB’s, MW Part 1
07-03-2018, 06:20 PM,
Here are my notes. If you don’t know how any of these connect, ask me and I’ll post the connection.

Preface pg 2– if we had our way you would be able to touch any ancient artifact in a museum

We believe the greater part of knowledge is knowing those things not worthy of knowing

Call it a vanity book and you will have it figured out.

Pg 8- TS Eliot quote

“The spirits are all around us”

Page 10- del chorro creek is an intermittent stream that goes underground at San Lazaro

Pg 16 seven pueblos in galisteo were eight miles apart

Pg 26- gramly says that their finds represent puebloan culture in FULL FLOWER (F uses full blossom)

Pg 37– bone, clay, and rock represent a very small part of the overall picture (tells us what big picture contains)

Pg 38- on a warm August day I was working ALONE in building I. there was a lure about the place that seemed to beckon me to come and uncover then study and tell the world.

His work took him across floor of an average looking room

Page 39- day was about to take him on a long journey of discovery and Mr. Raven would be a part of it.

As he uncovered the masks, a raven singled him out and deliberately flew over him, yelling at him.

Looking back, he thinks the raven was trying to tell him something.

Pg 44- if the eye holes in the masks had been open, the wearer would only be able to see out of ONE EYE at a time.

Pg 54- san Lazaro may have been ancestral to Tsewaddi, the last known Tewa village on the Rio Grande.

Other elders believed sam Lazaro to be a place called Tonkawheele, which means “place where antelope are trapped.”

San Lazaro was a bear medicine society.

Pg 60— looks like jadeite mask

[Image: 7cbd75de480969cf9030965aeb10f45a.jpg]

Pg 65: Wooden effigy found in Room 26
Nose and left eye appeared first
Mud had hidden the right eye

Pg 67- “wooden lady” (think of cigar Indian lady)
Experts said her box elder body couldn’t be saved and that when she dried, nothing would remain but a mound of brown powder and three flakes of obsidian.

However F proved them wrong— placed in a plastic container lined with paper towels over aluminum foil and then placed a lid on it then wrapped it tightly in a black plastic bag and stored it in fridge for three years
When they took her out, she was dry and intact.
She was 563 years old and conservators told him he was at least a hundred years too late recovering this beautiful wooden woman.

“Principle is always a convenient excuse for ignoring logic.”

“Save the past for the future.”

Page 69: number 1289 written on effigy was out of place and irreverent (but what about CE5 on the tc?)

Page 70- hearths
F says he was a Boy Scout

Pg 73 - pic of a 9 inch deep hearth with a “sand witch”

Pg 74 trash middens, good housekeeping

Pg 75 - thresholds made of volcanic rock that’s found in abundance in high vertical bluffs up the del chorro a couples miles from the Pueblo

“On cold days, when the south facing cliffs are rapidly heated by the sun, large stones sometimes pop off the wall, making a loud sound similar to that of a rifle shot.” (Reminds me of the SB where he says using his foundry on concrete was an explosive idea)

Pg 77- clay mine/rock shelter may have been used to hide in stormy weather or during enemy raids (in peace) — local history says that several hundred years ago, ancient human mummies were found inside (mummy joe)

Has a 9 inch chimney that can be seen at one o’clock to the entrance

The rock shelter has white painted walls

Was larger than the average bedroom, which is probably what it was used for

(Reminds me of plastering a room around a mattress on the floor while watching the cowboys play)

Entrance is 4 x 6 feet (same as dimensions of books in Important Literature)

Richard Blake (friend who helped at san Lazaro and later helped F get the Bullet back)

Pg 78- whitewashed walls 4 inch deep hearth in rock shelter

[Image: ceb60f7ae321c65f101bce2deb61a3e4.jpg]

Yellow and red ochre discovered in the rock shelter

Pg 79- F restored the walls of the rock shelter using dry clay and sand as mortar between the rocks. The reason he didn’t use wet adobe as the original builders had was because it was a LONG WAY DOWN TO THE CREEK to get water, and a hard climb getting back up the hill.

Pg 81- To reveal the decorations of a clay pipe they soaked it in mild solution of Muriatic acid. The pipe then appeared new after it stopped fizzing.

Pg 82- About 100 ft south of building I is the bathtub. Bathtub capacity is about 58 cubic feet, a size that would hold about 440 gallons of water

Pg 84- in modern times the monsoons fill the bathtub with water and tadpoles hatch. Then they miraculously transform into cute little land frogs with legs that are long in back and short in front.

Pg 88- F has a shy friend that “stumbled onto a secluded and almost unnoticeable rock crevice NEAR the Pueblo. I had walked past it many times before, but had failed to see the two long, plaited baskets that were concealed within its VAULT. The sandstone shelter was on the outskirts of NOWHERE.”

6 feet wide with only a narrow 16 inch vertical opening- throat of the shelter quickly slanted down toward the back about four feet away

Key words — stumbled, vault, walked past, nowhere (remember poem in ttotc that says the reward is neither here nor there?”)

Friend has a natural taste for understatement.

Pg 92 - osha root grows between 9,000-11,000 feet

Corkbark fir- powerful talisman

Pg 96- pigments galore— looks like spices in OUAW

[Image: b958c3490b0ff206d5a4b7e7e738d691.jpg]

Pg 97- paintbrush plant used as a bath rinse to make hair glossy

Pg 98- AV Kidder excavated Pecks Pueblo. He called these figures capitans which is Spanish for captain or chief. (Looks like bronze figure F made in SB.)

[Image: 3d03a46597336da1429ba8c195d3589b.jpg]

Pg 99- headless turkey shard

Pg 100- turquoise beads

[Image: 453ac30a4ee39bbdd903793cfd88013d.jpg]

Pg 102- quail-like bowl found in Building I. (Minerva)

So why is it I must go— Building I? All the I’s in his books are Roman numeral 1’s.

Pg 104- red harvester ants
These ants led Richard Blake and F on a long and exciting path of discovery. Richards thoughts and FOCUS can be TIGHTLY arranged in his method-and-solution-oriented mind.

Pg 105- found very little finished turquoise in the Pueblo but a lot of waste turquoise in the anthills.
“In our QUEST for ANSWERS, we began collecting beads and bits of turquoise the ants had deposited on the surface while excavating their underground tunnels and storage chambers. We QUICKLY learned to ignore both anthills that appeared on the tops of STRUCTURES and those that were more than TWELVE FEET from the outside walls of structures.” (Remember when F said that you would know when you were about 12 feet away????

“Instead, we concentrated on the 38 active anthills that were outside a prehistoric building wall, BUT NO FARTHER AWAY THAN 12 FEET. We named that space “GROUND ALPHA.”

“When we began our search, we wondered if the information we were gathering would be of any use to us. Was anything to be gained by knowing that there were thousands of small buys of turquoise in the anthill GRAVELS (called shields) around the Pueblo? “

Pg 107- they recovered 328 white travertine beads of which 68 were broken

Also tells of how to mark study hills on a map.

[Image: ddac5f53eb247b5fd3b0541184d62179.jpg]

Beads were often offered as “grave goods.”

[Image: 386a5371a7f723d043714ac5a618de79.jpg]

25 x 1050

Pg 110- the BLUEPRINT of beads and human material in ground alpha anthill

Pg 110-
About 11 miles northwest of San Lazaro are the turquoise mines in the los cerrillos Hills, the most prominent of which is Mt Chalchihuitl, a name that means blue or turquoise.

Remember at the very beginning of ttotc, is a pic of F signing pics of his book at the turquoise mine?

And wait, WHAT book was he signing at the turquoise mine??? THIS BOOK.

Pg 112- 42 turquoise beads in necklace

Pg 115- red and yellow lichens often grow on north side but many break that rule. A friend told him if he took a rock with lichen on it Home, kept it in a sunny place and sprayed it with beer once a week it would continue to grow and keep its fresh colors. It didn’t work.

Pg 121- doorway describes as a portal

Pg 123 - stolen “baby bird”

Pg 124 - the story of surprises found in building I in 1989

A flagstone jar lid, broken in five pieces was lying on the floor in the southeast corner.
He placed his cup of hot soup on the flagstone and it made a hollow sound
Charmay told him, Just for the FUN OF IT, why don’t you look UNDER the jar lid?” A black plain-ware jar had been buried upnto it’s rim under the floor. Inside the jar rested a rectangular painted bowl....For us, this discovery added a whole new dimension to our knowledge...Several high-water marks that are prominent on the black jar indicate that water had penetrated 4 feet 10 inches of room fill, from the ceiling to the floor of the room, and entered the jar to a level of four inches or more.”

[Image: ca3c0dd6f99834161f9007957ff678d6.jpg]

[Image: 1e3b745f782d2ebae581321d288b26d0.jpg]

Pg 132- red ochre on bowls

Pg 133- F thinks one is a turtle

Pg 135- onate arrived at San Juan Pueblo north of Santa Fe

Pg 136- “Historical facts can be quite contradictory when recorded by one person at a time...”

Pg 138- flagstone floor cover

Pg 140- In 1613, the Spanish erected a mission on the east side of San Lazaro. Fray Andres Perquer was the priest.

One of Indians at San Lazaro named cristobal, was reprimanded by Father Pedro Zambrano Ortiz for living in sin with a woman.

Ten laborers from San Lazaro to be sent to work on palace of the governors. Had to come prepared with wooden boards, gypsum for whitewash, and Indian women to paint the walls. They were warned to watch for apaches along he way.

Pg 144- many resettled in a Pueblo of the same name on the Santa Cruz river near San Juan Pueblo.

Pg 146- interestingly, in our work we have recovered two different bison hindquarters with the big bones still articulated. We think that sometime after about 1613, San Lazaro hunting parties, perhaps in concert with the Spanish, went out into the Great Plains wat of the pecos river, killed buffalo and brought the meat home on horseback. Without horses, we doubt that such HEAVY LOADS would have been transported home.”

Pg 147- peaches were probably grown at the Pueblo

Some of their foods were what we call weeds today

Pg 148- building XVI had a one foot hole in the floor covered by a wooden lid. It was one foot deep and was 10x30. A piece of tanned buffalo hide about 12 square feet in size was placed in one end of the “BOX.” In the other end was a blanket. Both items were WET.

Pg 152- we soon learned that iron, unlike copper, lead, bronze, and silver, when left underground for a few hundred years, becomes so rusted and BRITTLE it can easily be broken.

No horseshoes have been recovered at the Pueblo.

Pg 154- speculation about Pedro and hidden journals — speculation they might be found one day in building XVI
Indiana Jones said “archeology is about facts; if you want the truth go next door to the philosophy department.”

[Image: 792c787a98aca534d3fcdc05fb7b4d82.jpg]

Pg 157- bullets have deep marks made by human teeth, an astounding fact that may never be fully explained.

Pg 159- mentions reliquaries

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mindy's YouTube Channel and blog:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMAnEYj...UN1I6me_0g

http://www.myeverwonderland.blogspot.com
07-03-2018, 06:46 PM,
RE: The Secrets of San Lazaro Connections to TTotC, SB’s, MW Part 1
(07-03-2018, 06:20 PM)Mindy Wrote: Here are my notes. If you don’t know how any of these connect, ask me and I’ll post the connection.

Preface pg 2– if we had our way you would be able to touch any ancient artifact in a museum

We believe the greater part of knowledge is knowing those things not worthy of knowing

Pg 8- TS Eliot quote

Page 10- del chorro creek is an intermittent stream that goes underground at San Lazaro

Pg 26- gramly says that their finds represent puebloan culture in FULL FLOWER (F uses full blossom)

Pg 37– bone, clay, and rock represent a very small part of the overall picture (tells us what big picture contains)

Pg 38- on a warm August day I was working ALONE in building I. there was a lure about the place that seemed to beckon me to come and uncover then study and tell the world.

Page 39- day was about to take him on a long journey of discovery and Mr. Raven would be a part of it.

As he uncovered the masks, a raven singled him out and deliberately flew over him, yelling at him.

Pg 44- if the eye holes in the masks had been open, the wearer would only be able to see out of ONE EYE at a time.

Pg 54- san Lazaro may have been ancestral to Tsewaddi, the last known Tewa village on the Rio Grande.

Other elders believed sam Lazaro to be a place called Tonkawheele, which means “place where antelope are trapped.”

Experts said her box elder body couldn’t be saved and that when she dried, nothing would remain but a mound of brown powder and three flakes of obsidian.

However F proved them wrong— placed in a plastic container lined with paper towels over aluminum foil and then placed a lid on it then wrapped it tightly in a black plastic bag and stored it in fridge for three years
She was 563 years old and conservators told him he was at least a hundred years too late recovering this beautiful wooden woman.

Page 69: number 1289 written on effigy was out of place and irreverent (but what about CE5 on the tc?)

Page 70- hearths

Pg 75 - thresholds made of volcanic rock that’s found in abundance in high vertical bluffs up the del chorro a couples miles from the Pueblo

“On cold days, when the south facing cliffs are rapidly heated by the sun, large stones sometimes pop off the wall, making a loud sound similar to that of a rifle shot.” (Reminds me of the SB where he says using his foundry on concrete was an explosive idea)

Pg 77- clay mine/rock shelter may have been used to hide in stormy weather or during enemy raids (in peace) — local history says that several hundred years ago, ancient human mummies were found inside (mummy joe)

(Reminds me of plastering a room around a mattress on the floor while watching the cowboys play)

Richard Blake (friend who helped at san Lazaro and later helped F get the Bullet back)

Pg 79- F restored the walls of the rock shelter using dry clay and sand as mortar between the rocks. The reason he didn’t use wet adobe as the original builders had was because it was a LONG WAY DOWN TO THE CREEK to get water, and a hard climb getting back up the hill.

Pg 81- To reveal the decorations of a clay pipe they soaked it in mild solution of Muriatic acid. The pipe then appeared new after it stopped fizzing.

Pg 82- About 100 ft south of building I is the bathtub. Bathtub capacity is about 58 cubic feet, a size that would hold about 440 gallons of water

Pg 84- in modern times the monsoons fill the bathtub with water and tadpoles hatch. Then they miraculously transform into cute little land frogs with legs that are long in back and short in front.

Pg 88- F has a shy friend that “stumbled onto a secluded and almost unnoticeable rock crevice NEAR the Pueblo. I had walked past it many times before, but had failed to see the two long, plaited baskets that were concealed within its VAULT. The sandstone shelter was on the outskirts of NOWHERE.”

6 feet wide with only a narrow 16 inch vertical opening- throat of the shelter quickly slanted down toward the back about four feet away

Key words — stumbled, vault, walked past, nowhere (remember poem in ttotc that says the reward is neither here nor there?”)

Pg 98- AV Kidder excavated Pecks Pueblo. He called these figures capitans which is Spanish for captain or chief. (Looks like bronze figure F made in SB.)

Pg 100- turquoise beads

So why is it I must go— Building I? All the I’s in his books are Roman numeral 1’s.

These ants led Richard Blake and F on a long and exciting path of discovery. Richards thoughts and FOCUS can be TIGHTLY arranged in his method-and-solution-oriented mind.

Pg 105- found very little finished turquoise in the Pueblo but a lot of waste turquoise in the anthills.
“In our QUEST for ANSWERS, we began collecting beads and bits of turquoise the ants had deposited on the surface while excavating their underground tunnels and storage chambers. We QUICKLY learned to ignore both anthills that appeared on the tops of STRUCTURES and those that were more than TWELVE FEET from the outside walls of structures.” (Remember when F said that you would know when you were about 12 feet away????

“Instead, we concentrated on the 38 active anthills that were outside a prehistoric building wall, BUT NO FARTHER AWAY THAN 12 FEET. We named that space “GROUND ALPHA.”

“When we began our search, we wondered if the information we were gathering would be of any use to us. Was anything to be gained by knowing that there were thousands of small buys of turquoise in the anthill GRAVELS (called shields) around the Pueblo? “

25 x 1050

Pg 110-
About 11 miles northwest of San Lazaro are the turquoise mines in the los cerrillos Hills, the most prominent of which is Mt Chalchihuitl, a name that means blue or turquoise.

Remember at the very beginning of ttotc, is a pic of F signing pics of his book at the turquoise mine?

Pg 115- red and yellow lichens often grow on north side but many break that rule. A friend told him if he took a rock with lichen on it Home, kept it in a sunny place and sprayed it with beer once a week it would continue to grow and keep its fresh colors. It didn’t work.

A flagstone jar lid, broken in five pieces was lying on the floor in the southeast corner.
Charmay told him, Just for the FUN OF IT, why don’t you look UNDER the jar lid?” A black plain-ware jar had been buried upnto it’s rim under the floor. Inside the jar rested a rectangular painted bowl....For us, this discovery added a whole new dimension to our knowledge...Several high-water marks that are prominent on the black jar indicate that water had penetrated 4 feet 10 inches of room fill, from the ceiling to the floor of the room, and entered the jar to a level of four inches or more.”

Pg 136- “Historical facts can be quite contradictory when recorded by one person at a time...”

Pg 140- In 1613, the Spanish erected a mission on the east side of San Lazaro. Fray Andres Perquer was the priest.

One of Indians at San Lazaro named cristobal, was reprimanded by Father Pedro Zambrano Ortiz for living in sin with a woman.

Ten laborers from San Lazaro to be sent to work on palace of the governors. Had to come prepared with wooden boards, gypsum for whitewash, and Indian women to paint the walls. They were warned to watch for apaches along he way.

Pg 144- many resettled in a Pueblo of the same name on the Santa Cruz river near San Juan Pueblo.

Pg 146- interestingly, in our work we have recovered two different bison hindquarters with the big bones still articulated. We think that sometime after about 1613, San Lazaro hunting parties, perhaps in concert with the Spanish, went out into the Great Plains wat of the pecos river, killed buffalo and brought the meat home on horseback. Without horses, we doubt that such HEAVY LOADS would have been transported home.”

Pg 148- building XVI had a one foot hole in the floor covered by a wooden lid. It was one foot deep and was 10x30. A piece of tanned buffalo hide about 12 square feet in size was placed in one end of the “BOX.” In the other end was a blanket. Both items were WET.

Pg 152- we soon learned that iron, unlike copper, lead, bronze, and silver, when left underground for a few hundred years, becomes so rusted and BRITTLE it can easily be broken.

Pg 154- speculation about Pedro and hidden journals — speculation they might be found one day in building XVI
Indiana Jones said “archeology is about facts; if you want the truth go next door to the philosophy department.”

Pg 157- bullets have deep marks made by human teeth, an astounding fact that may never be fully explained.

You scare me mindy.

Sent from my LG-M153 using Tapatalk
07-03-2018, 07:12 PM,
@mike
I’m about as scary as a rainbow unicorn.

Or a bloodthirsty Viking shieldmaiden depending on my mood. Lol. Wink

Mindy's YouTube Channel and blog:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMAnEYj...UN1I6me_0g

http://www.myeverwonderland.blogspot.com
07-03-2018, 07:15 PM,
(07-03-2018, 07:12 PM)Mindy Wrote: @mike
I’m about as scary as a rainbow unicorn.

Or a bloodthirsty Viking shieldmaiden depending on my mood. Lol. Wink

07-03-2018, 09:37 PM,
(07-03-2018, 06:20 PM)Mindy Wrote: Here are my notes. If you don’t know how any of these connect, ask me and I’ll post the connection.

Pg 8- TS Eliot quote

Page 70- hearths

Pg 100- turquoise beads

25 x 1050

Pg 110-

This picture proves what in the wood means this picture is a picture clue.

07-03-2018, 10:05 PM,
Holy crap Mindy. That is a ton of information. I will have to read it again, because that was a lot of information.

I have a question. How long did it take you to analyze the book and come up with this list? I have read the book, and I believe I even own it, but I never saw half the stuff you did.
07-03-2018, 10:57 PM,
Told Mindy my San Lazaro "problem" and she pulled out the book making connections.

Wwwh was the bathtub at San Lazaro. Like I said though... forrest pulled it a while back so I wouldn't get it. Then he allowed someone else to get it after they were told by charmay the location. They never solved it themselves. I did years ago and forrest knows it. He didn't want the contest to end because he was getting hook ups left and right in my opinion.
© Stephanie
07-03-2018, 11:21 PM,
(07-03-2018, 10:57 PM)admin Wrote: Told Mindy my San Lazaro "problem" and she pulled out the book making connections.

Wwwh was the bathtub at San Lazaro. Like I said though... forrest pulled it a while back so I wouldn't get it. Then he allowed someone else to get it after they were told by charmay the location. They never solved it themselves. I did years ago and forrest knows it. He didn't want the contest to end because he was getting hook ups left and right in my opinion.

Stephanie, I was wondering if you would share how you got around “It’s in the mountains somewhere north of Santa Fe”. I came up with a San Lazaro solve years ago, and searched there, but my reasoning for going south of Santa Fe wasn’t very strong.
07-03-2018, 11:25 PM,
North doesn't stop.

How did you search there? He threated me with legal action if I stepped near there. I even begged for Jeff to go without me. It's IN the mountains.
© Stephanie
07-04-2018, 12:29 AM,
(07-03-2018, 11:25 PM)admin Wrote: North doesn't stop.

How did you search there? He threated me with legal action if I stepped near there. I even begged for Jeff to go without me. It's IN the mountains.

I was so convinced it was under Medicine Rock, that I was determined to go find it no matter the consequences. I parked at the first locked gate and hiked in from there. I had to cross 3 locked gates on the way in.
When I got to Medicine Rock, I crawled down the tunnel to the bottom where the rectangular shaft opens to the sky. I thought that was the blaze as you looked up to the sky. When you look down, there is a little alcove, altar looking place in the West side at the bottom of the shaft. The altar had tree limbs and old pieces of lumber stacked on it. I was sure that was the wood. I removed the wood and dug down in the altar. It was soft sand. All I found was a 10” X 10” X 6” rock. I left the rock there, and covered everything back up like I found it.
I was so sure, but I couldn’t find it there.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Secrets Revealed! The_Spoiler 43 6,176 01-12-2021, 09:43 AM
Last Post: trigace
  The Lost Kivas of San Lazaro Ric 13 4,259 06-09-2019, 10:58 PM
Last Post: TommyVoltaire
  Connections between Seventeen Dollars and TTotC Mindy 9 6,057 08-12-2018, 12:30 PM
Last Post: pidmt
  San Lazaro admin 14 5,017 07-10-2018, 10:00 PM
Last Post: easternOHsteve
  The Secrets of San Lazaro Part 2 Mindy 14 6,015 07-04-2018, 04:33 PM
Last Post: easternOHsteve
  Notes from Catcher that have connections to the chase.... Mindy 6 3,200 04-16-2018, 11:16 AM
Last Post: Mindy