Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Did ff dig a hole.
07-09-2018, 07:45 AM,
RE: Did ff dig a hole.
(07-09-2018, 07:32 AM)crazyfamily Wrote:
(07-09-2018, 07:11 AM)mikemarcum878 Wrote:
(07-08-2018, 03:42 PM)astree Wrote:
(07-08-2018, 07:55 AM)mikemarcum878 Wrote:
(07-08-2018, 07:45 AM)astree Wrote: .
There are second hand quotes to consider:
“You dont need to disturb anything”
“No tools are needed”

Forrest words:
“Best to have gloves”
Thanks
But why gloves could are hands be the tools
or is it in a craves crack where we put are hand up in to and pull the TC out of I would need glove to do that and a flash light.

Good question. The glove quote is directly from Forrest, the tool “quote” is not so may not be accurate.

The following had caught my interest, but is not conclusive:

... brave and in the woo DIG ive you title to the gold.
The only thing about what you said .
How can that be if you don't have to disturb anything astree.

Sent from my LG-M153 using Tapatalk

As astree said, that is a second hand quote that came from a reporter. Considering the amount of errors in nearly every article it’s risky for your solution to depend on second hand quotes.

razyfamily
Thanks crazyfamily.

07-09-2018, 10:48 AM,
“No tools are needed”

Forrest words:
“Best to have gloves”
Thanks
or is it in a craves crack where we put are hand up in to and pull the TC out of I would need glove to do that and a flash light.

the gloves are to keep your hands from getting little tiny barbs of steel in your hands, imo you have to cross an old swinging bridge and the cable is frayed you have to hold on to the cables to cross it, it is bout 3 feet wide 24 feet long ,the flashlight has a special lens to make the beam of light wide or straight, the right lens meaning the google satellite shows the natural big picture
******************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
07-09-2018, 11:34 AM,
(07-09-2018, 10:48 AM)pidmt Wrote:
“No tools are needed”

Forrest words:
“Best to have gloves”
Thanks

the gloves are to keep your hands from getting little tiny barbs of steel in your hands, imo you have to cross an old swinging bridge and the cable is frayed you have to hold on to the cables to cross it, it is bout 3 feet wide 24 feet long ,the flashlight has a special lens to make the beam of light wide or straight, the right lens meaning the google satellite shows the natural big picture
Hmmm.

07-09-2018, 01:05 PM,
I have the quotes something like:

"You won't even need a tool as you carry out the chest." This just means that you don't need a tool to carry out the chest. It has nothing to do with actually finding the chest.

"You don't need to break (not disturb) anything to get to the chest." That doesn't mean you couldn't dig for the chest. Digging isn't breaking anything but it would be disturbing something (the ground.) But you don't need to break down a gate or a fence or a door or a bridge or anything else.

Gloves might be needed to use a tool (shovel, hand spade, etc.) to locate or uncover the chest.
These are all just my ideas. I hope no one uses them.
07-15-2018, 02:57 PM,
(07-15-2018, 12:28 PM)legacyhelper Wrote:
(07-09-2018, 01:05 PM)trigace Wrote: I have the quotes something like:

"You won't even need a tool as you carry out the chest." This just means that you don't need a tool to carry out the chest. It has nothing to do with actually finding the chest.

"You don't need to break (not disturb) anything to get to the chest." That doesn't mean you couldn't dig for the chest. Digging isn't breaking anything but it would be disturbing something (the ground.) But you don't need to break down a gate or a fence or a door or a bridge or anything else.

Gloves might be needed to use a tool (shovel, hand spade, etc.) to locate or uncover the chest.

Looks like the finder would have disturbed something to uncover the chest.
I hope it's not illegal to dig there, not that this would be witnessed though.
There you go if you are in a certain area in a NPS some of them you are a load to dig 6 inch down by the creeks look at what if ff dug a 6 inch hole because the TC is 6 inches tall Now let say forrest put a log on top of the TC next thing turn over a log.

07-15-2018, 05:01 PM,
https://www.nps.gov/romo/getinvolved/sup...MP_2650554

Dispose of Waste Properly

There are pit toilets at many wilderness sites. Use them.
If there are no pit toilets nearby, urinate or defecate at least 200 feet (75 adult paces) from water, camp or trails.
Urinate in rocky places that won't be damaged by wildlife who dig for salts and minerals found in urine.
Deposit human waster in cat holes dug 6-8 inches deep. Carry a small garden trowel or lightweight scoop for digging. Cover and disguise the cat hole when finished, or pack out solid waste.
Use toilet paper sparingly and pack it out along with sanitary napkins and tampons in an airtight container. Consider using natural toilet paper such as a smooth rock or soft pinecone.

LOL

This is the recommendations of the National Forest government site. Just tell the Ranger you are needing to use the bathroom... Why are we even discussing this? In the three weeks in the NF I had no problem carrying my shovel for the purpose of above when a Ranger was right by my rental. I did not think of a garden shovel at that time.
I am sorry; I couldn't resist...
just saying ss
07-15-2018, 05:25 PM,
(07-15-2018, 05:01 PM)easternOHsteve Wrote: https://www.nps.gov/romo/getinvolved/sup...MP_2650554

Dispose of Waste Properly

There are pit toilets at many wilderness sites. Use them.
If there are no pit toilets nearby, urinate or defecate at least 200 feet (75 adult paces) from water, camp or trails.
Urinate in rocky places that won't be damaged by wildlife who dig for salts and minerals found in urine.
Deposit human waster in cat holes dug 6-8 inches deep. Carry a small garden trowel or lightweight scoop for digging. Cover and disguise the cat hole when finished, or pack out solid waste.
Use toilet paper sparingly and pack it out along with sanitary napkins and tampons in an airtight container. Consider using natural toilet paper such as a smooth rock or soft pinecone.

LOL

This is the recommendations of the National Forest government site. Just tell the Ranger you are needing to use the bathroom... Why are we even discussing this? In the three weeks in the NF I had no problem carrying my shovel for the purpose of above when a Ranger was right by my rental. I did not think of a garden shovel at that time.
I am sorry; I couldn't resist...
So you are saying you made your own home of Brown right.

07-15-2018, 05:38 PM,
Many times mike... always below the hoB...
just saying ss