Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Emails that have hints
07-16-2018, 07:11 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-16-2018, 07:20 PM by Bet.)
Emails that have hints
Since Crazy went well, crazy, about a question I asked Mindy I will start my own thread.
Mindy you went from wanting to level the playing field by sharing your emails, to now not wanting to. I can understand this, because even though everyone dissects and ruminates over everything FF utters, no one wanted to give these emails a second thought, and summarily dismissed them and you. A puzzle really. Kind of like how everyone believes Douglas Preston’s statement in the book about the parking lot, but when he gave Sacha information about the original poem line, no one believes this is important, because FF didn’t say it.

Mindy, if FF actually put out a Q&A about the same thing that he emailed you about.....it may have been a legitimate hint to you. My question is how long did it take for this supposed leveling of the playing field to occur? A week, a month, a year, several years?

Threads: 13
RE: Here they are...
(Today, 05:53 AM)Mindy Wrote:
These are pretty sad. Sure, one of those stories may be true, but most likely not. I believe F has told MANY people that he and them think alike. He’s told me that a few times. He’s also told me “you had it figured out a long time ago,” “what will you take for the bracelet,” “you’re a deep thinker,” “I like the way you think,” “you’ve finally put it together,” and “don’t tell anyone your solve.”

I learned to take those emails with a grain of salt, with the exception of two. And not the emailed math equation (although I believe he was hinting at something you have to do), but an email he sent when he was taking serious criticism for the chase. He gave everyone the key elements to that email in his Feb 6 questions on MW. I gave the key elements before that.
07-16-2018, 08:23 PM,
RE: Emails that have hints
If you get an extra hint from a private conversation from Fenn, my response is:

NICE JOB! WAY TO GO! LUCKY YOU!

Who decided that the Chase has to be fair? Fenn could change his mind and retrieve the chest at any moment? Would that be fair?

If Fenn either slips or purposely provides you additional information about the Chase, then I think you're resourceful.

Good luck!

Milan
07-16-2018, 08:34 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-16-2018, 08:34 PM by Bet.)
(07-16-2018, 08:23 PM)Milan Wrote: If you get an extra hint from a private conversation from Fenn, my response is:

Who decided that the Chase has to be fair? Fenn could change his mind and retrieve the chest at any moment? Would that be fair?

If Fenn either slips or purposely provides you additional information about the Chase, then I think you're resourceful.

Good luck!

Milan

Milan weren’t you on here arguing this is a contest.....well contests have rules. You can’t have this both ways. If this is not a contest and FF just wants to give a chest of gold away, then no rules and this is in fact a gift and not a contest.
07-16-2018, 08:40 PM,
(07-16-2018, 08:23 PM)Milan Wrote: If you get an extra hint from a private conversation from Fenn, my response is:

Good luck!

Milan

Agree, but I don't think he'll ever slip. Also what if he doesn't have to retrieve it?
07-16-2018, 08:54 PM,
(07-16-2018, 08:34 PM)Bet Wrote: Milan weren’t you on here arguing this is a contest.....well contests have rules. You can’t have this both ways. If this is not a contest and FF just wants to give a chest of gold away, then no rules and this is in fact a gift and not a contest.

I think you just now repeated the argument from before, and I already explained the flaws in your statements.

I'll quickly recap from memory:

1. It's not a gift if he abandons it for "all to seek."
2. Label this thing however you want, but there's a treasure chest somewhere in the Rockies up for grabs by anyone. That includes anyone who defies the odds and stumbles upon it. In that case, how is this a contest with rules?
3. Where are the rules? Where's the contract? blah blah blah - I'm getting tired of this.
07-16-2018, 09:01 PM,
(07-16-2018, 08:54 PM)Milan Wrote:
(07-16-2018, 08:34 PM)Bet Wrote: Milan weren’t you on here arguing this is a contest.....well contests have rules. You can’t have this both ways. If this is not a contest and FF just wants to give a chest of gold away, then no rules and this is in fact a gift and not a contest.

I think you just now repeated the argument from before, and I already explained the flaws in your statements.

I'll quickly recap from memory:

1. It's not a gift if he abandons it for "all to seek."
2. Label this thing however you want, but there's a treasure chest somewhere in the Rockies up for grabs by anyone. That includes anyone who defies the odds and stumbles upon it. In that case, how is this a contest with rules?
3. Where are the rules? Where's the contract? blah blah blah - I'm getting tired of this.
Milan you are a smart guy, but this is a complex issue, and not as simple as you are making it, imo.
Whatever, people have beeen led to believe there is a level playing field. Whether there is or not, no one really knows.
07-16-2018, 09:30 PM,
(07-16-2018, 09:01 PM)Bet Wrote: ...this is a complex issue, and not as simple as you are making it, imo.
Whatever, people have beeen led to believe there is a level playing field. Whether there is or not, no one really knows.

I can agree to this statement.

My belief is that Fenn tries very hard to keep the Chase fair. However, I also realize that Fenn is human and that he probably can be mischievous when answering emails or dealing with opportunistic searchers. If so, then it becomes a battle of wits, and if the searcher gains an advantage then I say Bravo! But fair warning - Fenn is sharp as a tack!

That's probably why his family does not discuss the Chase so that he doesn't have to be on guard for everything he says.
07-17-2018, 05:30 AM,
The email was sent on January 31st, 2017.
One of the words in that email meant “out of order.” When did he say that no one had given him the answers to clues in order?

And the Feb 2018 six questions tells what order they go in.
Mindy's blogs:

http://www.fennhotspot.com
http://www.myeverwonderland.blogspot.com
07-17-2018, 10:07 AM,
(07-17-2018, 05:30 AM)Mindy Wrote: The email was sent on January 31st, 2017.
One of the words in that email meant “out of order.” When did he say that no one had given him the answers to clues in order?

It was at the movie theater in Santa Fe. May 18 2017.
07-17-2018, 10:12 AM,
(07-17-2018, 10:07 AM)John Brown Wrote:
(07-17-2018, 05:30 AM)Mindy Wrote: The email was sent on January 31st, 2017.

It was at the movie theater in Santa Fe. May 18 2017.
The poem has been solved probably
A few times from searchers. if forrest was keep up with them that was giving the solve in each clue.

Sent from my LG-M153 using Tapatalk

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Stop sending emails??? Why now?? PL289 31 2,172 11-16-2019, 09:51 AM
Last Post: trigace
  chase chat emails boomergirl 0 1,221 02-27-2018, 10:37 AM
Last Post: boomergirl
  Long Emails jdigginsz 8 2,865 10-08-2017, 12:16 AM
Last Post: jdigginsz
  Emails OjoDude 7 3,422 09-01-2017, 09:57 PM
Last Post: Itchy Ideas
  Would he retrieve it if someone emails correct solve? fabjr71 19 15,637 07-09-2016, 06:53 PM
Last Post: Silentfly
  Mr Fenn please ck your emails under Smithsonian jamesbrohamalambage 6 5,397 12-22-2015, 10:40 PM
Last Post: FFSeeker