Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's a cryptic crossword puzzle. Yes, all of it.
08-02-2018, 09:29 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-02-2018, 09:31 PM by flytomoon.)
It's a cryptic crossword puzzle. Yes, all of it.
I'm going to start posting some of my solution. A lot of it involves a multi-layered crossword puzzle-type solve. You could look at it like a Jeopardy/Crossword/Word Puzzle game solution.

I'm not going to try to justify it other than to start posting some of the solutions. Oh, and some of them are extremely complicated. I will say that I completely stand by Forrest's comment to 'not mess with the poem'. I believe as you are solving it, you do not need to 'mess' with it. But you do need to solve it. And that does involve a lot of common and uncommon puzzle solves all working together (but not any anagrams, only the types of things done in TTOTC. Ever notice any missing letters or misspelled words?)

It's my belief that the entire thing is one giant puzzle. This includes TTOTC, the scrapbooks, and many of the email responses. Many of the solutions involve the chapter title solves. Each one is a hint that is solved by unlocking the hints in the chapters. And they all lead you to an understanding of what methodology to use on the poem. Hint: all of them.

Here's a simple solve to start.

TTOTC P. 45
'Then my father sold our '36 Chevy and got a '41 Plymouth
instead. I couldn't understand how he could do that to such a
faithful car that had been a member of the family like the rest of us.
How would you like to be replaced by a newer model?'

Here you've got a description of a car. A faithful car that is replaced by a newer model. This can be simplified to Old Faithful. Do this over and over in every chapter.

I believe part of the method is intentionally given away at the end of the book. In the chapter Dancing with the Millennium, you have Dancing with the Stars mentioned. How do you link a shift of Millennium to Stars? What comes to mind when you think Millennium and Stars? Yes, that over and over.

There are many references to 80's pop culture in TTOTC. Many film references buried just under the surface of the content. And no, I did not see or read Ready Player One before I started solving this. You might also find it interesting to find how these references line up with names of frequent commentators here. How deep is a hole?

Who else has solved things this way? How close are you? Smile
08-02-2018, 09:39 PM,
RE: It's a cryptic crossword puzzle. Yes, all of it.
(08-02-2018, 09:29 PM)flytomoon Wrote: I'm going to start posting some of my solution. A lot of it involves a multi-layered crossword puzzle-type solve. You could look at it like a Jeopardy/Crossword/Word Puzzle game solution.

I'm not going to try to justify it other than to start posting some of the solutions. Oh, and some of them are extremely complicated. I will say that I completely stand by Forrest's comment to 'not mess with the poem'. I believe as you are solving it, you do not need to 'mess' with it. But you do need to solve it. And that does involve a lot of common and uncommon puzzle solves all working together (but not any anagrams, only the types of things done in TTOTC. Ever notice any missing letters or misspelled words?)

It's my belief that the entire thing is one giant puzzle. This includes TTOTC, the scrapbooks, and many of the email responses. Many of the solutions involve the chapter title solves. Each one is a hint that is solved by unlocking the hints in the chapters. And they all lead you to an understanding of what methodology to use on the poem. Hint: all of them.

Here's a simple solve to start.

TTOTC P. 45
'Then my father sold our '36 Chevy and got a '41 Plymouth
instead. I couldn't understand how he could do that to such a
faithful car that had been a member of the family like the rest of us.
How would you like to be replaced by a newer model?'

Here you've got a description of a car. A faithful car that is replaced by a newer model. This can be simplified to Old Faithful. Do this over and over in every chapter.

I believe part of the method is intentionally given away at the end of the book. In the chapter Dancing with the Millennium, you have Dancing with the Stars mentioned. How do you link a shift of Millennium to Stars? What comes to mind when you think Millennium and Stars? Yes, that over and over.

There are many references to 80's pop culture in TTOTC. Many film references buried just under the surface of the content. And no, I did not see or read Ready Player One before I started solving this. You might also find it interesting to find how these references line up with names of frequent commentators here. How deep is a hole?

Who else has solved things this way? How close are you? Smile
Yep...kind of. There are many points but all lead to one.
08-02-2018, 10:08 PM,
RE: It's a cryptic crossword puzzle. Yes, all of it.
Well, there were some things happening round Yellerstone, but just gotta keep on keepin on, and see where it leads. Maybe we will find if it leads to a box or somethin.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Forrest Fenn's Crossword Puzzle Larsonist 61 52,395 01-08-2016, 01:21 PM
Last Post: Larsonist
  Cryptic Crossword experiments 12pm 39 23,163 06-23-2014, 10:20 AM
Last Post: Ripsaw