Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shauns Forrest Facts list
06-22-2013, 12:04 PM,
http://www.creationeer.co.uk/forrestfennfacts.html

I have read this list and been to all the site's and it is as accurate as I have seen - Goofy's list of course is 100% accurate.

The Wolf
06-22-2013, 02:27 PM,
Thanks!
06-22-2013, 04:01 PM,
The only fact on this list I question is the one where Shaun says:

"Surrounded by trees – there is a suggestion that Forrest once wrote to a searcher that the chest was not hidden in a tree but that it was surrounded by trees. Forrest says he didn’t say that"

I thought I read (maybe on Dal's site with the pantsless pirate guy story) that Forrest said something very similar to that. I was almost positive I heard him say it was surrounded or had trees around it or something to the effect. Can anyone verify it.

The Wolf
06-22-2013, 04:47 PM,
Hi The Wolf-

The 'surrounded by trees' is on Dal's blog in 'Rumors abound':

http://dalneitzel.com/2013/01/27/rumors-abound-2/

Sixer
06-22-2013, 05:00 PM,
1. The treasure is hidden higher then 5,000 feet above sea leave. (2)

I would question this since he first said 7, do you think he wouldn't have practices this? Also he was reading from a piece of paper. I think it wasn't a slip of the tongue.

2. There are 9 clues in the poem. (2)

I believe the proper question would have been, is there only 9 clues. The reason I say this is because if there are 15, he would be correct in saying there are 9 clues without being considered incorrect.

3. Forrest said that Begin it where warm waters halt, And take it in the canyon down, Not far, but too far to walk, Put in below the home of Brown. “sounds like 3 or 4 [clues]” and There'll be no paddle up your creek, Just heavy loads and water high... “sounds like a couple of clues” to him. (5)

I believe he has to give a starting point, and that this is the correct start. I could still be wrong.

4. “Others have figured the first two clues and went right past the treasure and didn’t know it.” (1) (6)

I thought it was they went right past the 3rd clue.

5. “There have been some who have been within 500 feet [of the hiding location] because they have told me where they have been.”

I have heard people have been within 500 feet, but I have never seen where it was stated it was searchers of the treasure were the ones. I would like to see that part. I believe people have been within 500 feet, but not searchers.

6. In the photo of the chest on the back of the book’s dustcover one can clearly see the letters “C E S” on the latch.

CES for me means something, where it fits in I am not sure. CES is a person.

7. There are double omegas in the colophon of the book

My first search was under the premise that the double omegas was a tunnel entrance and exit, but I was wrong, or I was misunderstanding the clues.

8. “The postmarks don’t have anything to do with the treasure.” Forrest said “Not going to answer”

I found something that might have this, but its very difficult to be for sure without having the right resource, and this one will be quite expensive.
My life has a superb cast, but I just can't figure out the plot

http://www.totc.co
06-22-2013, 05:16 PM,
I asked Dal about the "surrounded by trees" comment and he told me to be careful, because F said, If you go out far enough, everything is surrounded by trees. (or something very close to that)
06-22-2013, 07:41 PM,
Forrest has ways of turning slips of tongue into non-clues! Just like the 300 miles west of Toledo. He said west meant 270 degrees then he said it was just a generality off the cuff remark. I remember this one well, there was a conversation in that blog that will confirm that he said trees are around the treasure, when someone said it was in a tree. Ok course distance can vary but the logic of this conversation indicated that trees were close by. That is out there.

The Wolf
06-23-2013, 02:27 PM,
A slip of the tongue is just as likely to be wrong as it is to be right.
06-23-2013, 11:12 PM,

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:
<b>Quote from The Wolf on June 22, 2013, 8:41 pm</b>

Forrest has ways of turning slips of tongue into non-clues! Just like the 300 miles west of Toledo. He said west meant 270 degrees then he said it was just a generality off the cuff remark. I remember this one well, there was a conversation in that blog that will confirm that he said trees are around the treasure, when someone said it was in a tree. Ok course distance can vary but the logic of this conversation indicated that trees were close by. That is out there.
</div>

Agreed. Trees = Unintentional and potentially important Clue (after you've solved a lot of other stuff). (But not one of the exactly nine clues in the poem which must be precisely followed Smile )
06-24-2013, 11:39 AM,

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:
<b>Quote from Luckydog on June 22, 2013, 6:16 pm</b>

I asked Dal about the "surrounded by trees" comment and he told me to be careful, because F said, If you go out far enough, everything is surrounded by trees. (or something very close to that)
</div>

Heck yes this is a clue. Anybody who has flown around in Google Earth knows there many miles in the Rockies that have no trees at all. If you can't see trees, you're in the wrong spot.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  My list of FF Facts. USMC1989 0 4,491 08-20-2017, 05:37 PM
Last Post: USMC1989
  Bronze Chest Facts or non-Facts? peacemakerol 5 3,650 07-30-2013, 02:01 PM
Last Post: tomwhat