Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
summer is coming to a close
08-27-2018, 11:05 PM,
RE: summer is coming to a close
I think jurrasic means someone's got the clues right but for some reason can't make a trip. I know I am fundless presently...
just saying ss
08-28-2018, 07:17 AM,
I guess I don't follow the board too well... Where is he searching? I am in NM with my trip. I am sure it is in NM. There are now over fifty hints and 8 clues there. Can I brag? LOL
just saying ss
08-29-2018, 02:33 PM,
(08-28-2018, 10:03 PM)jurassic Wrote:
(08-26-2018, 08:37 PM)John Brown Wrote:
(08-26-2018, 07:21 PM)93cruiser Wrote:
(08-26-2018, 07:13 PM)jurassic Wrote: Its not cold. Someones got it and im on the hunt.

if someone has it why would you be on the hunt? In other words, ummmm ok.

He's delusional. Has a failed solution that went off the rails almost immediately. There are a surprisingly large number of people like that.

If you made your trip, you will be ‘one of us’.

But you didn’t?

Or is it your 125th try?

(08-28-2018, 06:54 AM)brubr Wrote:
(08-27-2018, 11:05 PM)easternOHsteve Wrote: I think jurrasic means someone's got the clues right but for some reason can't make a trip. I know I am fundless presently...

No, he believes that he has solved the poem, but someone got to the chest before him and removed it. In fact, all he "found" was a set of phony "blazes" that someone set up as a "doofus" trap - to convince Fenn searchers that the chest had been removed by someone else.

Why is it so difficult for you to see clearly? You wrote the statement “phony”; do you actually know that as a fact?

The answer is a resounding no. How could you know that?

For the logical philosophy newbies... what bubr just used was a appeal to the stone fallacy.

And while we are at it lets discuss some other common fallacies posted as rebuttals to my arguments:

Argument from ignorance
Red herring
Ad hominem
Poisoning the well
Argumentum ad populum

There are hints or perhaps hidden misdirection in the book. High school math and computational linguistics places the probability of one particular set being due to chance at no greater than a few parts in a billion billion. You missed them.
08-29-2018, 07:11 PM,
(08-29-2018, 03:04 PM)brubr Wrote: From that exchange, most "reasonable" people would assume that he does indeed describe the blaze in the poem. And nowhere in the poem, do I read anything about 5 blazes, arrows in orange paint and sticks with the initials "FF". I DO read the line "tarry scant with marvel gaze". So you might want to start over again and look for a blackened rectangle of stone with some kind of design that would allow: "with marvel gaze". But whatever.

brubr-
I think you're on the right track with your analysis about the blaze and tarry scant.

However, if I'm correct in my solution, the name of the blaze has changed within the last 2 or 3 years and the inferred name used in the poem no longer applies except for how it was once used.

Also, tarry scant has recently changed. It is no longer scant. It could now be called tarry long. But the marvel gaze is still there.
08-29-2018, 08:32 PM,
(08-29-2018, 08:04 PM)Andrew Jef Wrote: Maybe you should go back to the poem, and try to remember that FF intended it to be valid for hundreds of years.

Forrest said "The clues did not exist when I was a kid but most of the places the clues refer to did. I think they might still exist in 100 years but the geography probably will change before we reach the next millennia."

He has never suggested/hinted/said that the poem would be "valid for hundreds of years."
08-30-2018, 09:46 AM,
I failed to understand Tarry Scant this summer. My Blaze is solid and white and everything fits. I have communicated with Forrest and have had the entire summer to review my folly. Next summer I will go alone to camp at my location and search for the Tarry Scant. For me, the tarry scant is an object covering the indulgence. The indulgence is not directly under the Blaze but is located near to where one must place themselves to see the blaze. From there you look quickly down to discover the Tarry Scant, which has eluded me three times to my solve location.
08-30-2018, 01:49 PM,
"I'm thinking a hundred years down the road,maybe a thousand,and people dont understand that i dont think".....
Sounds to me like the poem would be valid hundreds of years into the future.
08-30-2018, 02:04 PM,
(08-30-2018, 01:49 PM)Seeker9 Wrote: "I'm thinking a hundred years down the road,maybe a thousand,and people dont understand that i dont think".....
Sounds to me like the poem would be valid hundreds of years into the future.

You're inferring that. He didn't say it. Here is what he said. He said "the geography will probably change before the next millennia."

"The clues did not exist when I was a kid but most of the places the clues refer to did. I think they might still exist in 100 years but the geography probably will change before we reach the next millennia."
08-30-2018, 03:12 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-30-2018, 03:57 PM by Seeker9.)
He says it at the end of the utube video where he warns greenhorns about going into the mountains,and relentless desert.

FF Never Verbally "Said" What You "Said"He "Said" JB,He Wrote It. He Actually Verbally "Said"What I "Said" He "Said."

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ACT II Coming soon featuring Shiloh Old Mongo 8 1,859 10-15-2020, 07:22 PM
Last Post: LeadSolver
  Treasure Hunt Coming Soon admin 2 703 07-22-2020, 04:39 PM
Last Post: tootingjo
  The Poem is Fenn coming out of the closet! chrisgins 15 8,987 10-10-2019, 08:11 PM
Last Post: heyoka
  What can the Hunter expect next summer? inohury 2 1,615 11-29-2018, 11:01 PM
Last Post: Smartblonde1
  It’s coming home mrmagicarovrumrebel 0 1,071 07-07-2018, 08:48 PM
Last Post: mrmagicarovrumrebel
  What does this ff will be disappointed if the TC is found this summer. mikemarcum878 0 888 07-07-2018, 09:12 AM
Last Post: mikemarcum878