Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hints in TFTW Starting List
09-05-2018, 08:26 PM,
Hints in TFTW Starting List
Hello everyone,

Other than the unintended clue of the map not including Canada,
and other than the single possible hint in the preface,
there are hints in TFTW, as evidenced by the famous Moby Dickens Book Shop interview at 38:39 and 44:06, notably
"There are no clues in this book, but there are some hints."

Here's my running list:

1) "I'll happily share my National Forests with you, but please try to stay at least twenty miles away." pg 200

-> So it's in a national forest then? Less of a legal battle than finding it in a national park.
-> pg 201 with a knapsack sitting under a tree; this resembles an answer to a question I found on tarryscant.com:
"I would rather go into the silent mountains on a warm sunny day, sit under a tree where the air is fresh and the smell of nature is all around, and let my body slowly decay into the soil. What can be better than that? f"

2) After traveling to Lander and adventuring with the Avis attendant, and heading north to Cody, visiting the Buffalo Bill Center of the West, "I don't remember any four days that I enjoyed more." pg 212

-> Mr. Younis and Ms. Carney highlighted this in one of their videos, bringing up other, more presumably enjoyable life events of Fenn-- wouldn't the birth of his daughters, naturally, be more enjoyable than a trip up north?
-> Could he have found his spot during one of these trips? It appears that Fenn hesitates in remembering or uttering Lander at 46:28 in the same video, which makes me hesitate in using Lander as a starting point for the general search area.

Any thoughts?

I haven't seen many detailed discussions of hints in TFTW across the blogs. Could this be because fewer copies of TFTW have been sold than TTOTC? This is an anomaly to me, considering that TTOTC has been dissected so well in terms of hints.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Top Ten List trueyeti 0 221 10-03-2021, 05:18 PM
Last Post: trueyeti
  List of the worst ways to solve poem/get at truth - in my opinion LeadSolver 2 576 12-06-2020, 02:36 PM
Last Post: LeadSolver
  TFTW shadow Chris Yates 12 3,220 01-24-2020, 04:58 AM
Last Post: travis.gore.79
  Can you find the X on the TFTW map. mikemarcum03 2 1,045 04-07-2019, 12:34 PM
Last Post: mikemarcum03
  Could THIS be the Unintended Clue in TFTW Mindy 34 12,104 01-31-2019, 05:29 PM
Last Post: exil
  TFTW cover 5GIRLS 1 1,682 10-29-2018, 04:32 PM
Last Post: Mindy