Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Things searchers are afraid to talk about
03-15-2019, 12:19 PM,
Things no one considers
(03-15-2019, 11:51 AM)dude here Wrote:
(03-15-2019, 11:32 AM)crazyfamily Wrote: Well John, I don’t know what all that was about, but my final point is this. If it’s not possible to read the words that Forrest has written in TTOTC and form a cohesive thought about what he is saying, then what’s the point in trying to figure out his simplistically vague poem. Understanding an authors point of view is the only thing that we are charged with doing when reading their work. That’s all.

razyfamily

I think you do have to come up with a cohesive thought about what he's telling us in the poem. Your thought is different from mine, and there are a lot of other people with thoughts. With all these brains working on it, I think someone will nail it before too long.

The method of getting a starting point in mind and trying to work it from there until you can't seems like a reasonable approach. It's what I do.

That’s wonderful, dude, but no one has done what I’ve done with this thread. I’ve been trying to generate some kind of discussion about something other than stupid shit. Seems searchers are destined to wallow in hypothetical nonsense instead of discussing things that are actually written about in Forrest’s book. That’s fine. I’m over it.

razyfamily
03-15-2019, 04:07 PM,
RE: Things no one considers
(03-15-2019, 11:32 AM)crazyfamily Wrote: Well John, I don’t know what all that was about, but my final point is this. If it’s not possible to read the words that Forrest has written in TTOTC and form a cohesive thought about what he is saying, then what’s the point in trying to figure out his simplistically vague poem. Understanding an authors point of view is the only thing that we are charged with doing when reading their work. That’s all.

razyfamily

It is possible. Just don't do this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDEL4Ty950Q
03-15-2019, 05:01 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-15-2019, 05:37 PM by astree.)
Fenniverse
(03-15-2019, 11:32 AM)crazyfamily Wrote: Well John, I don’t know what all that was about,

I think John was trying to use a small segment of the poem as a nudge (reference hint) to external information. While I do not think this what Forrest intended (and i think John ultimately agrees), it mskes sense as far as a consideration. John, feel free to correct me on this.

Quote:but my final point is this. If it’s not possible to read the words that Forrest has written in TTOTC and form a cohesive thought about what he is saying, then what’s the point in trying to figure out his simplistically vague poem. Understanding an authors point of view is the only thing that we are charged with doing when reading their work. That’s all.

razyfamily

Your perspective is very well conveyed, so thank you.

My initial thought on this is that the book (and related reference material) contains too much information. The permutations on interpretations and connections are for practcal purposes, infinite.

Conversely, the poem is a much much smaller amount of information. And Forrest has repeatedly said that it (and a 'good' map) are all you need.

So, addressing your point (well taken) that the poem is simplistic and vague, and considering Forrests statement that the poem, if followed precisely, leads to the treasure (here recalling your suggestion that there may be no treasure chest, but still considering the possibility), here is a theory (and using the term in its strictest sense, developed from an idea to hypothesis, and so tested)

The poem appears vague and simplistic. However, Forrest labored to create a way to read his poem, such that an individual with a good map may be lead directly to a precise location (whether a treasure chest full of gold etc is or is not at that special place is not known within this context)

Quote:Understanding an authors point of view is the only thing that we are charged with doing when reading their work.

Beautiful, in many ways. In this case, I would apply it only to the poem as a work separate from the book.
03-15-2019, 05:37 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-15-2019, 05:43 PM by crazyfamily.)
(03-15-2019, 05:01 PM)astree Wrote:
(03-15-2019, 11:32 AM)crazyfamily Wrote: Well John, I don’t know what all that was about,

I think John was trying to use a small segment of the poem as a nudge (reference hint) to external information. While I do not think this what Forrest intended (and i think John ultimately agrees), it mskes sense as far as a consideration. John, feel free to correct me on this.

Quote:but my final point is this. If it’s not possible to read the words that Forrest has written in TTOTC and form a cohesive thought about what he is saying, then what’s the point in trying to figure out his simplistically vague poem. Understanding an authors point of view is the only thing that we are charged with doing when reading their work. That’s all.

razyfamily

Your perspective is very well conveyed, so thank you.

My initial thought on this is that the book (and related reference material) contains too much information. The permutations on interpretations and connections are for practcal purposes, infinite.

Conversely, the poem is a much much smaller amount of information. And Forrest has repeatedly said that it (and a 'good' map) are all you need.

So, addressing your point (well taken) that the poem is simplistic and vague, and considering Forrests statement that the poem, if followed precisely, leads to the treasure (here recalling your suggestion that there may be no treasure chest, but still considering the possibility), here is a theory (and using the term in its strictest sense, developed from an idea to hypothesis, and so tested)

The poem appears vague and simplistic. However, Forrest labored to create a way to read his poem, such that an individual with a good map may be lead directly to a precise location (whether a treasure chest full of gold etc is or is not at that special place is not known within this context)

Quote:Understanding an authors point of view is the only thing that we are charged with doing when reading their work.

Beautiful, in many ways. In this case, I would apply it only to the poem as a work separate from the book.

Astree, with all due respect, among those things(good map, the poem etc) Forrest said will assist the searcher to the treasure is The Thrill of the Chase. He said it is “excellent research material.” Yet, no one is interested in discussing it or attempting to understand it. He also said “my chase book is enough to lead the average searcher to the treasure.”

I feel like I’m in an alternate reality when I talk to people on here. What language are you guys translating from? My native language is English, Forrest’s native language is English. Both the poem and TTOTC are written in English as are all of the scrapbooks.

If I had to form an opinion about what is going on here I’d say that this is an intentional attempt to derail the entire conversation. You guys know exactly what is in that book and you just don’t want to talk about it.

razyfamily
03-15-2019, 05:54 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-15-2019, 06:02 PM by astree.)
RE: Things searchers are afraid to talk about
(03-15-2019, 05:37 PM)crazyfamily Wrote: Astree, with all due respect, among those things(good map, the poem etc) Forrest said will assist the searcher to the treasure is The Thrill of the Chase. He said it is “excellent research material.” Yet, no one is interested in discussing it or attempting to understand it. He also said “my chase book is enough to lead the average searcher to the treasure.”

Im feeling you on this. You are saying the book (other than the poem) is important to the treasure hunt, im saying it is not. In scrapbook 62, forrest pointed to TTOTC. He said read and reread the poem and book. He also said (to the effect) thst the book is important because the poem is in the book.

Quote:I feel like I’m in an alternate reality when I talk to people on here. What language are you guys translating from? My native language is English, Forrest’s native language is English. Both the poem and TTOTC are written in English as are all of the scrapbooks.

Im writing, and reading Forrests poem, in English

Quote:If I had to form an opinion about what is going on here I’d say that this is an intentional attempt to derail the entire conversation. You guys know exactly what is in that book and you just don’t want to talk about it.
razyfamily

Hmmm. I see how my post could be taken that way but not the intent. I was offering counterpoint. It is my true belief that focus on the poem is what is required and that spanning the book defocuses effort.

I have not read every post by you in this thread but i truly have no idea what you are referring to that is in the book, that i (we) are trying to draw attention from.

Forrest said the poem took him 15 years but the book went pretty quickly (i know, he cloned previous writings for good parts of it).
=====

DON’T RESEARCH...THINK!!!

Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?
Where is the knowledge we have lost in information? -T.S. Eliot [The Rock]

https://www.allmovie.com/movie/v46056
03-15-2019, 06:07 PM,
Yes, he's said read the book, then read the poem, then read the book, then read the poem etc, etc, etc. several times. So, if you don't think by "read the book" he meant the part of the book other than the poem, then I don't know why you would reply to this thread other than to simply say that.

If you think that "My Thrill of the Chase book is enough to lead an average person to the treasure.f" implies that the book will lead the "average" person to the treasure because the poem is in the book, then I think you(and Forrest) over estimate the intelligence of human kind, especially Americans. It surely means that the treasure will never be found, and possibly that it was never hidden.

razyfamily
03-15-2019, 06:58 PM,
(03-04-2019, 05:10 PM)crazyfamily Wrote: He admitted that they cheated, is that like pseudo-honesty?

razyfamily

I dunno. Honesty is a (relatively) straightforward word. One could, I
suppose, talk about "pseudo-honesty". And "repentance". If you murder
someone, do you think that "repentance" or "indulgence" will bring them
back to life?
03-15-2019, 07:14 PM,
I've posted many things from TTOTC that I think are strong hints to the locations described in the poem. These hints are "sprinkled" throughout the book. I've even described how to find these hints in the book (and also in many of his SB's and other statements.) I don't bring them up anymore because of the general derision or pooh-poohing.

There is a method that Forrest has used to give hints. That method is also illustrated in the poem itself. The proof is in the things found on the ground, one after the other after the other. Most of what Forrest says has a very different, subtle meaning. His last 2 or 3 scrapbooks have given some very important information relating to the search area. A lot of the same information has been given previously, but in a different way. In fact, he has duplicated hints to the same locations many times by saying it in a different way each time. People just don't get it. He has definitely tried to help us. What's taking us so long? (That statement is a hint.)
These are all just my ideas. I hope no one uses them.
03-15-2019, 07:55 PM,
(03-15-2019, 05:37 PM)crazyfamily Wrote: If I had to form an opinion about what is going on here I’d say that this is an intentional attempt to derail the entire conversation. You guys know exactly what is in that book and you just don’t want to talk about it.

razyfamily

In my case, I just dont care. Sorry. I got one thing out of the book that helped with my solve and I'm just not interested in hashing and rehashing and rehashing and rehashing and rehashing and rehashing and rehashing TTOTC.

Have fun and good luck.
03-15-2019, 08:28 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-15-2019, 08:53 PM by findingit.)

razyfamily

He asks if he could put all the ideas cohesively in a pot. Paraphrased.... He even mentions subliminal. Read all the stories, get damn close to memorizing them, and they lead your mind to a place when you think of the poem. How did the ball of string get out of the room? A chopper.....someone was a chopper. I've been there and I'm going back. I'm findingit!

(03-15-2019, 08:28 PM)findingit Wrote:

razyfamily

He asks if he could put all the ideas cohesively in a pot. Paraphrased.... He even mentions subliminal. Read all the stories, get damn close to memorizing them, and they lead your mind to a place when you think of the poem. How did the ball of string get out of the room? A chopper.....someone was a chopper. I've been there and I'm going back. I'm findingit!

At the beginning of TTOTC he also states, "All of the stories that mingle among these pages are as true to history as one man can average out that truth". He mingled, or salted, the stories with the truth. Let your mind take you there. Average the truth....I'm findingit!

Why do people not tie the parking lot of the Denver Museum of Nature and Science in? I do....to a T. I'm findingit!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Illustrations talk on other site/utube are u kidding me? DeeepThnkr 1 690 07-25-2018, 05:22 AM
Last Post: Mindy
  Let's talk about the outline of the puzzle DeeepThnkr 4 1,187 07-07-2018, 01:06 AM
Last Post: DeeepThnkr
  Talk me into it, talk me out of it. ser 3 936 12-14-2017, 09:20 PM
Last Post: will197532
  Rock Talk TrapperJ 22 6,127 09-17-2017, 10:15 AM
Last Post: Itchy Ideas
  Searchers Clues to other Searchers 93 31,435 12-27-2016, 08:19 PM
Last Post: geydelkon
  Afraid to read the book James Perotti 41 6,980 12-31-2013, 05:55 PM
Last Post: John Brown