Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Things no one considers
05-11-2019, 08:19 PM,
RE: Things no one considers
(05-11-2019, 07:47 PM)crazyfamily Wrote: Another thing about the “one thing that no one on the blogs thought of” is that don’t you have to solve the clues to find the treasure? Or is there something that you can think of that will lead you to the treasure.

It reminds me of the comment several years ago in which he said:

“It seems logical to me that a deep thinking treasure searcher could use logic to determine an important clue to the location of the treasure. Is someone doing that now and I don’t know it? It’s not what they say on the blogs that may be significant, it’s what they whisper. f”

razyfamily

Talking with no vocal chords...light wind, breath....whisper.
08-06-2019, 10:46 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-06-2019, 11:02 PM by crazyfamily.)
Things no one considers
Watching for the postman.

[Image: f213fe7a1b069f061bf5711ee3e7e59b.jpg]

razyfamily
08-07-2019, 05:54 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-07-2019, 06:22 AM by Daniel A.)
(08-06-2019, 10:46 PM)crazyfamily Wrote: Watching for the postman.

razyfamily

Smile

(08-06-2019, 10:46 PM)crazyfamily Wrote: Watching for the postman.

razyfamily

Was that one was found in New Mexico?
08-07-2019, 08:23 AM,
Things no one considers
Yep.

razyfamily
08-07-2019, 09:34 PM,
Things no one considers
Well, it’s been a while. I looked it up and all around it. I can do a lot better, but I’m not willing.

razyfamily
10-03-2019, 10:57 PM,
Things no one considers
[Image: e291dc46db2ab354a8b7bb4290053813.jpg]

Me and the dog are the boys in the family.

razyfamily
10-03-2019, 11:34 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-03-2019, 11:43 PM by crazyfamily.)
Things no one considers
(10-03-2019, 11:20 PM)wildfuntear Wrote:
(10-03-2019, 10:57 PM)crazyfamily Wrote: [Image: e291dc46db2ab354a8b7bb4290053813.jpg]

Me and the dog are the boys in the family.

razyfamily

Great grammar is not a prerequisite for a great solution to the poem.
Are you glad of that fact?

Is that what you want to say?

razyfamily
10-05-2019, 01:04 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-05-2019, 01:16 PM by crazyfamily.)
Things no one considers
Forrest describes finding JD Salinger’s Catcher in the Rye following the death of Salinger. He instantly liked the book and feels that JD was talking about him. The story was about him except that none of the story was like his life. Forrest says that JD insinuated that he write his memoir.

Later in TTOTC, Forrest talks about how people just don’t want to be forgotten, so they do atrocious things like murder presidents and such.

Catcher in the Rye has been associated with Mark David Chapman, who murdered John Lennon, John Hinckley, who attempted to assassinate President Ronald Reagan, and Robert John Bardo, who murdered actress Rebecca Schaeffer, as well as other unexplained events.

Here’s an excerpt from an excellent critical analysis of Catcher...

“Oddly enough, the title Salinger chose for his masterpiece is based on an act of misinterpretation. In the novel, Holden overhears a small boy singing a popular lyric from Robert Burns. He may be hearing the lyric incorrectly, however. He thinks the boy is singing, “If a body catch a body coming through the rye.” The actual lyric, a piece of folksy Scottish doggerel, reads as follows: “Gin a body meet a body/Comin thro’ the rye/Gin a body kiss a body/Need a body cry?” Either the boy is singing incorrectly, or Holden is hearing it wrong. In any case, Holden goes on to concoct an entire scenario based on this scrap of lyric:

Quote:“Anyway, I keep picturing all these little kids playing some game in this big field of rye and all. Thousands of little kids, and nobody’s around – nobody big, I mean – except me. And I’m standing on the edge of some crazy cliff. What I have to do, I have to catch everybody if they start to go over the cliff – I mean if they’re running and they don’t look where they’re going I have to come out from somewhere and catch them. That’s all I do all day. I’d just be the catcher in the rye and all.”

This is eons away from the original Burns lyric, with its raw energy and earthy sexual overtones. Holden has seized upon a faulty or misinterpreted lyric, and then developed his own conception of its meaning in order to satisfy a deeply personal yearning. Salinger is showing us that the paranoia-critical method is utilized more often than we might like to admit — sometimes in useful, creative ways, but often resulting in no more than delusion.”

Is it a coincidence that searchers think Forrest is talking to them in his scrapbooks?

Many bloggers have convinced themselves that there is a lead searcher who is controlling Forrest and the chase. The “lead searcher” apparently has the ability to go pick up the chest at any given moment, but instead uses it as a tool to manipulate Forrest. Or the lead searcher can’t finish the poem and Forrest is talking to them for some unknown reason.

I think, about right now, the last thing I want is to find that treasure.

razyfamily
10-05-2019, 01:19 PM,
(10-05-2019, 01:04 PM)crazyfamily Wrote: Forrest describes finding JD Salinger’s Catcher in the Rye following the death of Salinger. He instantly liked the book and feels that JD was talking about him. The story was about him except that none of the story was like his life. Forrest says that JD insinuated that he write his memoir.

Later in TTOTC, Forrest talks about how people just don’t want to be forgotten, so they do atrocious things like murder presidents and such.

Catcher in the Rye has been associated with Mark David Chapman, who murdered John Lennon, John Hinckley, who attempted to assassinate President Ronald Reagan, and Robert John Bardo, who murdered actress Rebecca Schaeffer, as well as other unexplained events.

Here’s an excerpt from an excellent critical analysis of Catcher...

“Oddly enough, the title Salinger chose for his masterpiece is based on an act of misinterpretation. In the novel, Holden overhears a small boy singing a popular lyric from Robert Burns. He may be hearing the lyric incorrectly, however. He thinks the boy is singing, “If a body catch a body coming through the rye.” The actual lyric, a piece of folksy Scottish doggerel, reads as follows: “Gin a body meet a body/Comin thro’ the rye/Gin a body kiss a body/Need a body cry?” Either the boy is singing incorrectly, or Holden is hearing it wrong. In any case, Holden goes on to concoct an entire scenario based on this scrap of lyric:

Quote:“Anyway, I keep picturing all these little kids playing some game in this big field of rye and all. Thousands of little kids, and nobody’s around – nobody big, I mean – except me. And I’m standing on the edge of some crazy cliff. What I have to do, I have to catch everybody if they start to go over the cliff – I mean if they’re running and they don’t look where they’re going I have to come out from somewhere and catch them. That’s all I do all day. I’d just be the catcher in the rye and all.”

This is eons away from the original Burns lyric, with its raw energy and earthy sexual overtones. Holden has seized upon a faulty or misinterpreted lyric, and then developed his own conception of its meaning in order to satisfy a deeply personal yearning. Salinger is showing us that the paranoia-critical method is utilized more often than we might like to admit — sometimes in useful, creative ways, but often resulting in no more than delusion.”

Is it a coincidence that searchers think Forrest is talking to them in his scrapbooks?

Many bloggers have convinced themselves that there is a lead searcher who is controlling Forrest and the chase The “lead searcher” apparently has the ability to go pick up the chest at any given moment, but instead uses it as a tool to manipulate Forrest. Or the lead searcher can’t finish the poem and Forrest is talking to them for some unknown reason.

I think, about right now, the last thing I want is to find that treasure.

razyfamily
Fenn didn’t anticipate after the poem was solved that the thrill of the chase is gone. The impetus to retrieve is gone, enforced by the 7%ers. The chest is a curse and the lead searcher know it. The lead searcher also knows as long as the chest remains in situ Fenn is powerless, a victim of his own circumstance. The lead searcher is punishing Fenn for his treatment of certain searchers, his support to commercialization of the chase. The lead searcher owns Fenn. To the lead searcher the thrill of the taunt now rules. Long live lead searcher!
10-05-2019, 01:36 PM,
Things no one considers
If this is truly the present state of the game, then what you describe is check.

Forrest could easily give up enough to lead another searcher or searchers to it.

Checkmate would be to take the chest back to Forrest. He could never reveal that he is in possession of it. Everyone would call him a fraud. He would have to get rid of it, or take it back to it’s hiding spot.

Unless, of course, he believes that someone already has the chest, and he is taunting them to reveal it.

But all of this sounds like crazy talk to me.

razyfamily