Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Things no one considers
09-16-2018, 10:05 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-16-2018, 10:38 AM by trigace.)
RE: Things no one considers
You need Google Earth to see the Big Pitcher. The pitcher has a handle and also looks like a cup or a bell.

"And I swear that cup all but covered her whole face."
"For Whom the Bell Tolls."

Fenn has a bell attached to the top of a wooden post sitting in his backyard.

Fenn said something like, "A good plan can end in a poor execution." If you spell poor as "pour" it can refer to a pitcher or cup pouring out its liquid. The big pitcher image, as viewed from the direction of the clue solution, shows the pitcher on its end, with the handle straight up in a pouring position.

You need the "big picture" of Google Earth to see the many other images Fenn describes in the search area. Even a good map won't show many of them.
These are all just my ideas. I hope no one uses them.
09-16-2018, 01:14 PM,
Things no one considers
(09-16-2018, 10:05 AM)trigace Wrote: "And I swear that cup all but covered her whole face."

Well, now that you’ve mentioned it...

Macropsia is a condition in which things appear larger than they are. It can be brought on by certain chemical reactions in the brain and I’m not talking about Ovaltine.

razyfamily
09-16-2018, 01:53 PM,
(09-16-2018, 01:14 PM)crazyfamily Wrote:
(09-16-2018, 10:05 AM)trigace Wrote: "And I swear that cup all but covered her whole face."

Macropsia is a condition in which things appear larger than they are. It can be brought on by certain chemical reactions in the brain and I’m not talking about Ovaltine.

razyfamily

Being that I am a fisherman...I think I suffer from this condition.
09-16-2018, 05:19 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-16-2018, 05:52 PM by trigace.)
(09-16-2018, 01:53 PM)Daniel A Wrote:
(09-16-2018, 01:14 PM)crazyfamily Wrote:

razyfamily

Being that I am a fisherman...I think I suffer from this condition.

That is a Fenn quote from TTOTC in the Important Literature chapter, not my words.

What's more is that not only is there an image of a large cup, the cup is right up against an object that perfectly fits the description of the little girl at the computer. ("...tossing her thick braids back and forth like they had purpose." and "...I could see it in her strut...")
09-16-2018, 05:53 PM,
Things no one considers
Oh really.

razyfamily
09-16-2018, 05:55 PM,
(09-16-2018, 05:53 PM)crazyfamily Wrote: Oh really.

razyfamily

Yes really, and much more.
09-16-2018, 06:51 PM,
Things no one considers
You don’t suppose that my ovaltine remark is an indication that I know exactly what it says in TTOTC?

razyfamily
09-16-2018, 08:26 PM,
(09-11-2018, 10:20 AM)crazyfamily Wrote: That one or more of the places the cues refer to no longer exist.

imo, this is prolly the most relevant and significant point of the thread

while keeping in mind that the "cues" also refer to places that still exist

another thing that people may not consider is the poem tells us to hone in on the target

and perhaps honing in on the target is a hint unto itself

and as rewarding as it may be to hone in on the target, if we believe the target to be the treasure chest, things may not end up rewarding at all

but that doesn't mean you wouldn't score a lot of points playing horse shoes

that being said, I still can't believe they never heard of Clark Gable

http://i2.wp.com/www.cinefilles.ca/wp-co...Butler.jpg
09-16-2018, 09:15 PM,
Things no one considers
Yeah, I meant to fix that ell.

razyfamily
09-16-2018, 10:02 PM,
chalk it up to oversight