Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hypothetical of the Day
10-16-2018, 07:39 AM,
Hypothetical of the Day
In regards to the story of someone breaking into Fenn's home and was discovered by his daughter:

What if....
Fenn's daughter was unarmed, but the perpetrator was?

Will events like this escalate more when Fenn is gone?
Is he now putting his family in danger?
Think about the next loco, they will have seen this report and know that the Fenn family is armed, so they may think I better arm myself. So, its quite possible the next time this happens, the burglar will not be unarmed.

Is it NOW time for Fenn to end the chase?
10-16-2018, 08:48 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-16-2018, 08:55 AM by Beavertooth.)
RE: Hypothetical of the Day
He could move. Hypothetically.

Also, 3M has some very good security film for windows and glass panes in doors. There are a couple of different types -- you can use different types to do a double layer, one inside, one outside. The door itself probably wouldn't stand up to an axe, but the perp might come to his or her senses and give up if it weren't so easy. Note that I am including the ladies here -- equal opportunity for craziness factor. Smile
10-16-2018, 09:32 AM,
Given the history, one could argue, you especially would watch out for the crazy lady factor
10-16-2018, 11:42 AM,
Very good point

Maybe this is how the chase ends.
It's all a setup by Fenn.
Next, we'll hear this man found the chest from the "notes" he read at the house.
Would explain the smile on his face.
10-16-2018, 01:02 PM,
Now you got me started.....

As I have gone alone in there
Looking for treasures bold,
Fenn keeps his secret where,
And hint of riches new and old.

Begin it where the axe halt
And take that window down,
Not far, but somewhere is that vault.
Must be inside the home of Brown.

From there the family is no meek,
As they raise their guns I cry;
There’ll be no paddle up my creek,
Just prison bars and walls so high.

If you’ve are wise don't follow my blaze,
As I look quickly down, my life has cease,
But tarry scant with marvel gaze,
I took the chest and all the fleece.

So why is it that I must go
And leave my story for all to read?
The answers you already know,
I’m in the 7% and consumed with greed.

So hear me all and listen good,
As all my meals will be cold.
If you are brave and chopping wood
You hope one day you'll be paroled.
10-16-2018, 01:17 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-16-2018, 01:18 PM by Bet.)
(10-16-2018, 11:29 AM)NTMI Wrote: I've read the story, and I base my deductions solely on the content.

I have to ask why no one set the alarm when they left the home?
The intruder was discovered by the family upon their return to the home. If the alarm had sounded or notified the authorities or the family (or any combination thereof) at the time of the event, the danger to the family may have been mitigated.

There is an alarm system in the house, I seem to recall noticing the keypad in the foyer in a photograph from a way back and thinking that my wife and I have the same make of system in our house. Perhaps it's time to reacquaint themselves with that system

We have installed ring cameras at our home and are alerted to anyone even coming close to our home. We then can view and even talk to an intruder. Fenn needs to upgrade his security. With these cameras he would have seen the guy and been able to call the police and never had to risk an encounter with this crazy searcher.
10-16-2018, 06:21 PM,
(10-16-2018, 11:29 AM)NTMI Wrote: I've read the story, and I base my deductions solely on the content.

I have to ask why no one set the alarm when they left the home?

You mean you don't just hang the sign in the window and you're good to go??? What kind of candyass system is that? A good sign would have scared the perp back to PA.
10-16-2018, 06:52 PM,
Hypothetical of the Day
(10-16-2018, 09:32 AM)filmguy Wrote: Given the history, one could argue, you especially would watch out for the crazy lady factor

You can’t mean me. Lol.

Despite my disgust over F’s behavior, I would never harm anyone unless I or my loved ones were in imminent danger.

I am not crazy. I am confident I am in the right, and I will only expose what F has done in a legal way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mindy's YouTube Channel and blog:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMAnEYj...UN1I6me_0g

http://www.myeverwonderland.blogspot.com
10-16-2018, 10:49 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-16-2018, 10:49 PM by Chris Yates.)
(10-16-2018, 07:53 PM)Andrew Jef Wrote: I urge everyone who knows about the treasure hunt to stay calm about it.

I give myself very good advice, but I very seldom follow it. ~ Alice

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Srn0xkXTSgs
10-16-2018, 10:54 PM,
(10-16-2018, 10:49 PM)Chris Yates Wrote:
(10-16-2018, 07:53 PM)Andrew Jef Wrote: I urge everyone who knows about the treasure hunt to stay calm about it.

I give myself very good advice, but I very seldom follow it. ~ Alice

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Srn0xkXTSgs

Nice one, Chris.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hypothetical from a newbie SpeedoFlyer 23 7,105 03-29-2018, 08:32 PM
Last Post: Bet
  hypothetical altitude question LostFound 13 10,741 12-05-2015, 08:37 PM
Last Post: HollyfromMN