Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
An email from Toby and Shelley
10-22-2018, 06:36 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-22-2018, 06:37 PM by Mindy.)
Here is a group email I received from Toby and Shelley. It should clear a few things up. Good luck, Toby and Shelley! I wish you guys the very best in your future endeavors! And I hope you have seen the outpouring of support on various forums/pages before those threads were shut down.

Subject: Answers to Questions

Yes, we know - it was a big surprise, but when fate is telling you to let go of one thing in order to grab another, quick decisions are important.

Here are our answers to the questions we have thus far been asked:
We did not find Fenn's treasure.
We did not win anything from either of the two big lotteries this last weekend.
Our departure had nothing to do with anyone's rants.
Our departure had nothing to do with the perception of "negativity" in the community.
We are not angry, upset, or hurt about anything.
We don't hate anybody or anything.
We are no longer going to look for the treasure because, for us, it's the rational thing to do.
I've been at it for five years.
I've been BOTG 32 times in 3 different states.
We have no idea what any of the riddles in the poem mean.
We've spent thousands of hours and thousands of dollars looking for it, and
We have no idea where the treasure is, and
We're not getting any younger, and
We have other things we want to do with that time and money.
I could give you a bunch of statistics, but the bottom line is that a small market is shrinking. I am confident that "350,000 searchers" is a myth. The number is significantly smaller, likely by an order of magnitude. Based on Social Blade, it would take five years for us to get to 20,000 subscribers. And, that's with a 40 hour work week, high production values, and tons of original content.

So, we're off to a new project in a new market - with chat rooms, and intimate conversations and Friday Night's with yours truly. If you'd like, we'll keep you in the loop. Honestly, though, it's pretty far out on the "woo woo" scale. But, we happen to have the necessary expertise, skills, experience, interest and the technology to pull it off.

Lastly, as I said in my first email - we hope you continue to think of us as your friends, and if you want to explore the woo woo, come check us out on our new channel.

Warmest regards,

Shelley and Toby

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mindy's blogs:

http://www.fennhotspot.com
http://www.myeverwonderland.blogspot.com
10-22-2018, 09:40 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-22-2018, 09:42 PM by Top Secret.)
RE: An email from Toby and Shelley
Toby admits the market is small. i.e. not 350,000 searchers and he figures it is closer to 35,000.
Interest has peaked and now shrinking.
The poem is extremely harder to solve than any human can imagine.
Making a business decision to move to something more profitable.

Reading between the lines, the juice isn't worth the squeeze and the chase is in decline. This crop has been harvested and time to move on.
10-22-2018, 09:46 PM,
When he started having 5 segments a week I thought he was gonna get burnt out. I wish he left the videos up, especially the one with him grumping about the ranger. But it's his copyright.

I never got much out of the videos except camaraderie, but I wish they'd have a monthly panel in the off season; those seemed to be the most popular and interesting segments.

And if you don't know what the woo woo is, then it can't be explained.
---
100 FURLONG CLUB
10-22-2018, 11:12 PM,
woo woo is vodka, peach schnapps and cranberry

and when you make one you get to say "woo woo"
10-23-2018, 03:26 AM,
(10-22-2018, 09:40 PM)Top Secret Wrote: Toby admits the market is small. i.e. not 350,000 searchers and he figures it is closer to 35,000.

Reading between the lines, the juice isn't worth the squeeze and the chase is in decline. This crop has been harvested and time to move on.

I would agree with him if that’s the case.

The 350,000, and probably even the 35,000, is an “embellishment” (ie lie) that’s been told to slap it in your face that he’s “embellishing” and almost no one questions it.

Mindy's blogs:

http://www.fennhotspot.com
http://www.myeverwonderland.blogspot.com
10-23-2018, 10:09 AM,
(10-23-2018, 03:26 AM)Mindy Wrote:
(10-22-2018, 09:40 PM)Top Secret Wrote: Toby admits the market is small. i.e. not 350,000 searchers and he figures it is closer to 35,000.

I would agree with him if that’s the case.

The 350,000, and probably even the 35,000, is an “embellishment” (ie lie) that’s been told to slap it in your face that he’s “embellishing” and almost no one questions it.

I think he exaggerates because he wants it to be found, the more people we think are out there looking the more urgently we will proceed to go botg...

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Toby's Political Rant TommyVoltaire 6 858 04-11-2019, 06:50 PM
Last Post: Gordon Lightfoot
  Toby's BLM Maps Minnie Eftskin 9 3,642 04-10-2018, 11:29 PM
Last Post: Bet
  The Look on Toby's Face = Priceless! Gordon Lightfoot 31 9,797 04-06-2018, 01:54 AM
Last Post: Beavertooth
  Toby Younis James Perotti 4 1,845 06-18-2014, 05:35 PM
Last Post: James Perotti