Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
“Better cut the poem into four pieces...”
10-30-2018, 10:52 AM,
RE: “Better cut the poem into four pieces...”
(10-30-2018, 09:58 AM)Beavertooth Wrote:
(10-30-2018, 09:53 AM)crazyfamily Wrote: Hi Forrest, I would like to know if the blaze can be found during the day without a flashlight. Thanks, Ron

"Perhaps your question is wrought with trickiness Ron. Are you really asking if the blaze could be in a cave where it is dark during the day, thus the need of a flashlight? If there is no subterfuge intended in your question then I would say yes.f"

razyfamily

But if there is subterfuge intended in his question???? then Forrest has not said anything. Wasn't Ron really trying to get a hint that caves were ruled out?

Then Ron was asking if the blaze can be found without a blaze.
10-30-2018, 11:28 AM,
(10-30-2018, 10:27 AM)crazyfamily Wrote: That totally assumes that Ron intended to be tricky. Unless there is more of the conversation that Forrest didn't reveal and Ron tells all, we have no way of knowing. We can only assume.

I assume that Ron is being tricky, because I assume that Ron's question is either 1) directly from Forrest (who is "Ron"), or 2) was specially selected by Forrest from thousands of emails so that Forrest could make a point. Because the answer is tricky, I assume the question is tricky to begin with.

Your mileage may vary.
10-30-2018, 11:39 AM,
(10-30-2018, 09:13 AM)fundamental design Wrote:
(10-30-2018, 09:01 AM)Beavertooth Wrote:
(10-30-2018, 07:40 AM)fundamental design Wrote: I ain’t Yates but I think it ends in stanza 4. I haven’t seen one morsel brought up by any searcher from stanzas 5 and 6 that would get me to toss aside the licorice rope I’m gnawing on and go into action.

The one that’s been thrown at us often is “in the wood”. A searcher uses an archaic meaning of that prhase and it points to a particular area in Wyoming to start their search. I would never want that as my basis for certainty in the correct beginning place.

I, too, have struggled with stanzas 5 and 6 for many years. But recently I have made a breakthrough on several lines in those stanzas, so I believe they are in play.

Also, in the past, I have mentioned "wood glass" being used to house ultraviolet lamps. The blaze may only show up at night or in deep shade by using an ultraviolet flashlight. He said to take a flashlight.

Good stuff and nice thinking. Here’s a f quote that balances that out so searchers can make their own decision...

People have become fixated on you telling them to bring a sandwich and a flashlight. Are they just wasting their time focusing on these things as clues? (Comment: Posted on Dal's site on 2/27/2017, but interview was from May 2015) They certainly are not clues.

maybe fenn is saying not to take A flashlight a small A operated flash light but a more powerful one like a c or d battery light
******************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
10-30-2018, 06:12 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-30-2018, 06:24 PM by Chris Yates.)
(10-30-2018, 07:16 AM)astree Wrote: .
... or something like that.

https://youtu.be/lL9zLuGi-Ck

Yates, you still think it ends at stanza 4?

did I ever think it ends at stanza 4? I don't remember that

in any case I don't think that now

what I do think is the poem was meant to be read and searched for hidden information using various shifts and rearrangements

in doing so, it will keep giving the same information, repeated, but in different ways

for example, imo, it was meant to be as it has been originally presented. stanzas 1 thru 6

and also meant to be considered where "begin" (birth) is the beginning and "old" is the end. take the 1st stanza and put it at the end

there are addt'l things this opens up, but there are repeating confirmations of what the poem says already

by starting with begin it lines up vertically "waters" and identifies it as the secret where. this is not seen in the original form

this will be because the first stanza has a lot of hints to the first clue. but (imo), fact is there a lot of hints to both the beginning and the end in the first stanza

this is why it was meant be used as both the first and last stanza

(10-30-2018, 09:53 AM)crazyfamily Wrote: Hi Forrest, I would like to know if the blaze can be found during the day without a flashlight. Thanks, Ron

"Perhaps your question is wrought with trickiness Ron. Are you really asking if the blaze could be in a cave where it is dark during the day, thus the need of a flashlight? If there is no subterfuge intended in your question then I would say yes.f"

I don't consider, or at least I don't think its important that we should be considering whether to accept f's answer based on whether Ron intended subterfuge

I think f was doing his usual ironic thing where he starts by saying your question is wrought with trickiness, when really he is giving an answer that is wrought with trickiness

which one of these things was f saying, because it can't be both

Q: can the blaze be found during the day without a flashlight
A: yes

Q: is the blaze in a cave where it is dark during the day and a flashlight is needed?
A: yes

but though the answer is tricky, he is using a certain logic (imo) where the correct information can be ascertained

if f is being tricky, then he is slipping out a different question in his answer, which means you need a flashlight

but if f is being straightforward, then his yes answer means the blaze can be found during the day with no flashlight. <<this is the correct answer and information
10-31-2018, 08:44 PM,
Try SEASONS.
And not the version of using spices, like a very early blog post....
11-01-2018, 03:50 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-01-2018, 04:22 AM by astree.)
Chris Yates wrote

Quote:I don't consider, or at least I don't think its important that we should be considering whether to accept f's answer based on whether Ron ...

I think f was doing his usual ironic....

Just wondering if you did that purposely, Chris?

(10-31-2018, 08:44 PM)WestCoastBoy Wrote: Try SEASONS.
And not the version of using spices, like a very early blog post....

true north,

Good to see you here. I’m curious about your SEASONS view.

I thought it was curious that Forrest was quoting Yogi Berra (Yogi Bear, Yellowstone) about whether something should be cut into four or six pieces (like some believe you only need the first 4stanzas in the poem).

Some others believe the poem stanzas are grouped as follows

1 an introductory stanza
3 body / meat of the puzzle (the necessary part)
2 conclusions

I believe all the stanzas are critical, but find the 132 interesting because thats the page the poem is on.
=====

DON’T RESEARCH...THINK!!!

https://www.allmovie.com/movie/v46056

WP (stock symbol)
11-01-2018, 04:22 AM,
Treason.
11-01-2018, 11:51 AM,

I personally think you have to listen and all that that entails.
11-03-2018, 08:08 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-03-2018, 08:08 AM by astree.)
(11-01-2018, 11:51 AM)John Brown Wrote:

I personally think you have to listen and all that that entails.

Agreed although all that entails is tricky, especially the last part.

4 PIZZA 6
=====

DON’T RESEARCH...THINK!!!

https://www.allmovie.com/movie/v46056

WP (stock symbol)
11-03-2018, 08:25 PM,

razyfamily

In order to understand what he (Mr F) is doing here, you have to look at it from his point of view.

On the face of it, it is quite a simple and innocent question. Do you need a flashlight? In other words, is it in the dark somewhere (e.g. a cave or tunnel)? That's how we see it.

But, Mr F sees that as subterfuge. So, there is another meaning to the question that he is thinking about. He's broadcasting that there is. If you figure out what the other meaning is, it might be a hint. That's how he operates.

Here, he hasn't answered whether we need to bring a flashlight. Previously he said to bring a sandwich and a flashlight. It's not deception; he trusts that once the treasure is found and all secrets revealed everyone will understand why he said it (and we'll probably be asking ourselves why we didn't think of that).