Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Who has [n't] sipped the Jackie Kennedy Brandy? Take 2
10-31-2018, 10:57 AM,
It's not too much unlike the "touch George Washington's nose" thing. That painting that Forrest had in his gallery was a copy of the one Stewart painted with Washington sitting before him, but to the kids it didn't matter. If Forrest was successful, they imagined touching George Washington's nose.

Stewart knew Washington and painted that painting(even though it was a copy) - just like that Brandy bottle was actually left behind by Jackie Kennedy. It was probably empty, or, with a couple sips left in it, was finished off years ago. But to the imagination it is irrelevant.

I think this is what you have to do with the poem. The solver will have gotten inside Forrest's head to figure the clues, and this is why you cannot solve the poem from your couch.

razyfamily
10-31-2018, 11:35 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-31-2018, 11:40 AM by Top Secret.)
RE: Who has [n't] sipped the Jackie Kennedy Brandy? Take 2
(10-31-2018, 10:57 AM)crazyfamily Wrote: It's not too much unlike the "touch George Washington's nose" thing. That painting that Forrest had in his gallery was a copy of the one Stewart painted with Washington sitting before him, but to the kids it didn't matter. If Forrest was successful, they imagined touching George Washington's nose.

Stewart knew Washington and painted that painting(even though it was a copy) - just like that Brandy bottle was actually left behind by Jackie Kennedy. It was probably empty, or, with a couple sips left in it, was finished off years ago. But to the imagination it is irrelevant.

I think this is what you have to do with the poem. The solver will have gotten inside Forrest's head to figure the clues, and this is why you cannot solve the poem from your couch.

razyfamily
You raise a valid point. We have a bottle that may or may not even be from Jackie Kennedy, which if it does, is being topped up. We have a painting that is a copy that kids are allowed to touch and they believe it is the original.

Now get ready for the scary part... why can't this also apply to the treasure chest? Why does it have to exist? All that is important is we believe it exists for us to live the Thrill of the Chase. It can be argued that having a real chest would ruin the Thrill of the Chase because it can be found. The true mystery is chasing something that can't ever be found but we believe it can.

Is this why Fenn says imagination is so important? It doesn't matter what the object is, it is the story behind the object that matters. Almost all the things he says relates to the magic of the background story. It doesn't matter that the treasure chest is real or it exists, it only matters that we believe that it does. That is why our imagination is so important in this adventure.

Have you ever wondered how he can with absolute certainty claim the chest is still out there? We all know that is only feasible if there is no treasure to be found.
10-31-2018, 12:51 PM,
(10-31-2018, 11:35 AM)Top Secret Wrote:
(10-31-2018, 10:57 AM)crazyfamily Wrote: It's not too much unlike the "touch George Washington's nose" thing. That painting that Forrest had in his gallery was a copy of the one Stewart painted with Washington sitting before him, but to the kids it didn't matter. If Forrest was successful, they imagined touching George Washington's nose.

razyfamily
You raise a valid point. We have a bottle that may or may not even be from Jackie Kennedy, which if it does, is being topped up. We have a painting that is a copy that kids are allowed to touch and they believe it is the original.

Now get ready for the scary part... why can't this also apply to the treasure chest? Why does it have to exist? All that is important is we believe it exists for us to live the Thrill of the Chase. It can be argued that having a real chest would ruin the Thrill of the Chase because it can be found. The true mystery is chasing something that can't ever be found but we believe it can.

Is this why Fenn says imagination is so important? It doesn't matter what the object is, it is the story behind the object that matters. Almost all the things he says relates to the magic of the background story. It doesn't matter that the treasure chest is real or it exists, it only matters that we believe that it does. That is why our imagination is so important in this adventure.

Have you ever wondered how he can with absolute certainty claim the chest is still out there? We all know that is only feasible if there is no treasure to be found.

Why are you here?
10-31-2018, 01:06 PM,
Too offer the mindless faithful an alternative opinion. I know it is a losing battle but it is a challenge to try! (read sad-filled tears)
10-31-2018, 01:09 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-31-2018, 01:11 PM by crazyfamily.)
(10-31-2018, 11:35 AM)Top Secret Wrote:

razyfamily

Absolutely. Not only have I considered all of the above, but I have written to Forrest at length about this.

Forrest appears to love Shakespeare, yet another TTOTC fraud. He quotes from As You Like It, but consider this:

From Midsummer Nights Dream:
WALL

That I, one Snout by name, present a wall.
And such a wall, as I would have you think,
That had in it a crannied hole, or chink,
Through which the lovers, Pyramus and Thisbe,
Did whisper often very secretly.
This loam, this roughcast, and this stone doth show
That I am that same wall. The truth is so.
And this the cranny is, right and sinister,
Through which the fearful lovers are to whisper.

[Later...]

Pyramus
Thou Wall, O Wall, O sweet and lovely Wall,
Show me thy chink to blink through with mine eyne!

Thanks, courteous Wall. Jove shield thee well for this!
But what see I? No Thisbe do I see.
O wicked Wall through whom I see no bliss!
Cursed be thy stones for thus deceiving me!

Remember My War For Me, "What has made me think that I must see the beauty that is there in order to confirm it's existence."

The one who finds the chest will not feel lucky, but instead will ask themselves "what took me so long."

razyfamily
10-31-2018, 01:29 PM,
Crazy your name is an oxymoron too. You may be the only sane person here! lol
11-01-2018, 07:34 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-01-2018, 08:11 AM by crazyfamily.)
(10-31-2018, 01:29 PM)Top Secret Wrote: Crazy your name is an oxymoron too. You may be the only sane person here! lol

Well, if I were, the chase has since made me mad.

Here's the missing lines of the poem:

Good friend for Jesus sake forbeare, To dig the dust enclosed here. Blessed be the man that spares these stones, And cursed be he that moves my bones.

Another Fenn favorite, Mark Twain, wrote a controversial book that tried to challenge conventional thinking about Shakespeare. According to Karen Lystra, Is Shakespeare Dead? plays a trick on unsuspecting readers.

Quote:Though it is commonly assumed to be nothing more than a stale and embarrassing rehash of the Shakespeare-Bacon controversy, Twain was up to something more than flimsy literary criticism. He was using the debate over Shakespeare's real identity to satirize prejudice, intolerance, and self-importance—in himself as well as others.... But after his passionate diatribe against the "Stratfordolators" and his vigorous support of the Baconians, he cheerfully admits that both sides are built on inference. Leaving no doubt about his satirical intent, Twain then gleefully subverts his entire argument. After seeming to be a serious, even angry, combatant, he denies that he intended to convince anyone that Shakespeare was not the real author of his works. "It would grieve me to know that any one could think so injuriously of me, so uncomplimentarily, so unadmiringly of me," he writes mockingly. "Would I be so soft as that, after having known the human race familiarly for nearly seventy-four years?" We get our beliefs at second hand, he explains, "we reason none of them out for ourselves. It is the way we are made." Twain has set a trap—an elaborate joke at the expense of what he scornfully refers to as the "Reasoning Race." He is satirizing the need to win an argument when it is virtually impossible to convince anyone to change sides in almost any debate. His excessive rhetoric of attack is obviously absurd—calling the other side "thugs," for example—yet it has been taken at face value.

I mean, replace Twain with Fenn and Is Shakespeare Dead? with The Thrill Of The Chase and it's about the same story.

Does it matter that Shakespeare probably did not write the mass of work attributed to him? Does it make the work less amazing?

Does it matter if the chest doesn't exist? Does it make it less amazing? Does it diminish the chase?

razyfamily
11-01-2018, 09:04 AM,
"The archaeologists have also determined that Shakespeare was not buried standing up, contrary to tradition, and that he was laid to rest wrapped in a shroud rather than in a coffin."
11-01-2018, 10:55 AM,
(11-01-2018, 09:04 AM)Beavertooth Wrote: "The archaeologists have also determined that Shakespeare was not buried standing up, contrary to tradition, and that he was laid to rest wrapped in a shroud rather than in a coffin."

Ironically his skull is missing.
11-01-2018, 04:52 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-02-2018, 10:52 PM by Top Secret.)
Yet another Jackie O brandy sipper in the latest article. https://www.esquire.com/uk/culture/a2451...mountains/

"One of his favoured routines is to present the bottle of brandy purportedly left behind by Kennedy after her stay at his guest house and to ask you to close your eyes and imagine her as you take a sip. As I took the bottle, its contents miraculously undiminished, I couldn’t help thinking of all the other journalists whose mouths had been on it, or of the burly bodyguard whose bottle, for all I know, it may well have been in the first place."

At least the article writer was wise to the easy access to the bottle.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  April 15th: Jackie Robinson day ThrillChaser 8 3,797 04-14-2018, 08:22 AM
Last Post: Beavertooth