Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why is WWWH so hard for soo many??
11-25-2018, 09:36 PM,
Why is WWWH so hard for soo many??
I solved this one in minutes.
11-25-2018, 10:21 PM,
RE: Why is WWWH so hard for soo many??
Which one? There are so many.
11-25-2018, 10:24 PM,
(11-25-2018, 09:36 PM)Gordon Lightfoot Wrote: I solved this one in minutes.

Gordon, repetitive posts are not allowed. Desist or be gone.
11-25-2018, 10:28 PM,

how many minutes did it take you to find the treasure chest

5 years and counting and still nothing for me
11-26-2018, 08:44 PM,
(11-26-2018, 01:15 AM)legacyhelper Wrote:
(11-25-2018, 10:28 PM)Chris Yates Wrote:

how many minutes did it take you to find the treasure chest

5 years and counting and still nothing for me

Chris Yates, how many boots-on-ground search trips have you taken?

I haven't documented every single search, but I do have saved pictures in folders recorded by the month and year they were taken

I have 6 of those folders and I know there was/were at least 1 and possibly 2 where I didn't take any pictures. so it is 7 (and possibly 8) searches I have been on

haven't searched since June 2016
11-27-2018, 09:58 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-27-2018, 10:04 PM by Gordon Lightfoot.)
Anyway.

I agree with you Andrew Jef, it takes more than one trip to do it....the first time was a waste because I was going against Mother Nature, and she doesn't give an inch...I learned my lesson. I thought that air was air, just like I thought water was water when I went in the swimming pool, the further you go down, the more it feels like your head wants to explode. LOL!!!

And, Daniel A, there can only be one....Aqua Fria Peak (just about a 3 hour trip from his home in Santa Fe). When Fenn speaks of WWWH, he is speaking of the Monsoons (rivers in the sky), and New Mexico and Arizona depend on the Monsoons for water each year, it is their rainy season, without it there would be no water for the population, farmers, or ranchers in New Mexico or Arizona. The mountains halt the warm moist airs (plural) coming in from the Gulf of California, Gulf of Mexico and the Pacific Ocean from the beginning of May until the end of July (it has to do with the heating during the hot months). Mountains halt/stop the moisture, just look at the Sierras of California, the moisture coming in from the Pacific is halted at the Sierras, normally each year the Sierras should have anywhere from 6 to 9 feet of snow on them, it's all accumulative from the year....and the farmers and ranchers from California depend on the snowmelt to grow their fields (America's fruit and veggie basket) and provide water for their livestock....and not to mention for the 35 million people who live there, to quench their thirst. Because of Climate Change, California's water woes are just growing. With barely any snow in the Sierras (that keep), California is now forced to drill for water in the ground, they have never had to do that before since the Sierras have held so much snow/water in the mountains to the east, but in recent years it's a must...and all Californians are fighting over ground water, and so are the farmers and ranchers. Another point, just look east of the Sierras to Nevada and Utah, because of the Sierras' height, there is mostly desert in those areas to the east of the Sierras, because the Sierra mountains halt/stop the warm moisture from the Pacific from reaching those areas, and look at Death Valley CA, with moisture all around from the Pacific Ocean, the mountains keep that part of the world as dry as a bone.

And, I agree, Fenn meant for his book to be a local thing with only 1,000 prints of his book at first, so he was talking to the local population of New Mexico and not to the whole world....and over the years he has had to expand his search area to the rest of the Rockies and print more books because a lot of people beyond New Mexico's borders had found out about the treasure. Otherwise, New Mexico would have be swamped by who knows how many people.

I have always been fascinated with how the world works, and the rainy seasons are a big part of how it works in many parts of it. In Southeast Asia for instants, the rainy seasons (Monsoons) provide much of the water that way over a billion people depend on for their drinking water, crops, and livestock. Without the Himalayan mountains stopping/halting the flow of warm moist airs off of the Indian Ocean during the hot summer months and accumulating in the Himalayan mountains as snow..most of Southeast Asia, India, and China would have a crises on their hands.

The monsoons indeed are a big part of how humans have gotten their fresh clean water over the thousands of years..and since I was knee-high to a grasshopper, I have always been fascinated by all of them. So, when I saw "WWWH" in the poem, I just knew right off that is what Fenn was talking about, especially since he was a fighter pilot in SE Asia and has been a long time resident of New Mexico. That old rascal couldn't fool this searcher, not for a minute! Smile
11-27-2018, 10:48 PM,
Yes GL...just one.
11-28-2018, 06:43 AM,
(11-28-2018, 03:42 AM)legacyhelper Wrote: Chris, thank you for answering. Here is another question:
Have all those (7 or 8) searches been in the same state? If not, I
question your poem-solving ability. If your searches haven't all been
in the same state, I suggest you bounce your solve off of some trusted friends, for feedback. Good luck.

your assessment that someone's poem solving abilities are questionable if they haven't searched only in the same state is severely lacking in logic

in any case, all my searches have been in the same state

as for bouncing my clue solves off of other people, trusted friends or otherwise, that is a bad idea

you might think that solving clues in this poem is like a lot of other things in life, but you would be mistaken

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Last step is hard 5GIRLS 12 980 03-28-2020, 09:36 PM
Last Post: Andrew Jef
  Pandora's box vs lead searcher, the hard line Top Secret 29 7,350 12-19-2019, 08:04 PM
Last Post: doodlebug
  hard math Chris Yates 3 590 11-05-2019, 09:24 PM
Last Post: Chris Yates
  Hard Lesson - Old Advise for 2019 filmguy 3 1,160 01-28-2019, 03:52 PM
Last Post: Chris Yates
  This puzzle ranks among the sweetest puzzles ever, scary hard DeeepThnkr 25 7,160 07-14-2018, 10:56 AM
Last Post: mikemarcum878
  I hope people don't give FF a hard time . . . Andrew Jef 27 5,287 03-19-2017, 05:56 PM
Last Post: imsunbuddynow